Disneyland's Rise Of The Resistance - Reviews, Criticism, Deep Thoughts

TROR

Well they have Mickey mouse in Toontown and also on mainstreet. Then in DCA they have him on Buena Vista street and at Paradise garden at the same time.
we could just say they took a shuttle from space port to Batuu and got there before us
I recall reading, back in my early days of Disneyland fandom and when I was obsessed with fun fact websites established in 2002 about the parks, that Mickey Mouse is only ever in one place at Disneyland at one time. If he's on Main Street, you will not find him in Tomorrowland.

Mickeyboof

Wait! That’s so sad, I thought Disneyland still only had “one Mickey”

I honestly didn’t even know there’s a Toontown meet and greet, I though he was only on Main Street.

At least you EDIT: cannot visibly see him outside more than once....

Last edited:

Ismael Flores

I recall reading, back in my early days of Disneyland fandom and when I was obsessed with fun fact websites established in 2002 about the parks, that Mickey Mouse is only ever in one place at Disneyland at one time. If he's on Main Street, you will not find him in Tomorrowland.

Now you could see him dressed in his Latino attire in Paradise Garden and walk five minutes and bump into him in His Buena Vista Attire.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Just booked a flight for opening weekend to see the ride, so I’ll only get one chance to get this right (at least next month)... fingers crossed!
I booked a flight too, but for the weekend after (the 25th) hoping the crowds won't be as bad (fingers crossed). I fly in early the 25th to Long Beach and I'm hoping to be in the park by 9:30am. I'm hoping even more that the boarding passes won't be gone by then. I reserved my Flex Pass for the 25th and 26th, so worst case scenario is that I ride it on Sunday since I can be at the park when the gates open.

My plan is to fill my backpack with a change of clothes and some toiletries; fly in Saturday morning; take a Lyft straight to the parks; throw my backpack in a locker for the day; enjoy Disneyland; grab my backpack at the end of the day and spend the night at the Hilton Anaheim; put my previous day's clothes in my backpack and check out; go back to the parks until about 2pm and take a Lyft from the parks back to the airport and fly home.

Should be a fun little adventure!

waltography

I booked a flight too, but for the weekend after (the 25th) hoping the crowds won't be as bad (fingers crossed). I fly in early the 25th to Long Beach and I'm hoping to be in the park by 9:30am. I'm hoping even more that the boarding passes won't be gone by then. I reserved my Flex Pass for the 25th and 26th, so worst case scenario is that I ride it on Sunday since I can be at the park when the gates open.

My plan is to fill my backpack with a change of clothes and some toiletries; fly in Saturday morning; take a Lyft straight to the parks; throw my backpack in a locker for the day; enjoy Disneyland; grab my backpack at the end of the day and spend the night at the Hilton Anaheim; put my previous day's clothes in my backpack and check out; go back to the parks until about 2pm and take a Lyft from the parks back to the airport and fly home.

Should be a fun little adventure!
Sounds like a great plan! I really don’t know what to expect re: crowds, so I‘ll be using the 17th and 18th as a metric for how early to get to the parks on the 19th. Will be fun!

Erich

What time are you guys planning on arriving on the 17th? I'm wondering if they'll put out a 'Know Before You Go' thing like they did with the opening of the land.

Ismael Flores

i rarely see television so do not know how the promotional side for the ride has been.
I also haven't really noticed much of anything in regards to street signage advertising the ride. I have seen it being advertised in movie theaters before the trailers start, so has anyone noticed much advertising or is Anaheim going to screw up again and try to play it safe and then have non media worthy news about the opening

I am also surprised that we didn't here anything about another media preview.

Last edited:

Mickeyboof

i rarely see television so do jot know how the promotional side for the ride has been. i haven't really noticed much of anything in regards to street signage either. i have seen it advertised in theaters before the trailers start, so has anyone noticed much advertising or is Anaheim going to screw up again and try to play it safe and then have non media worthy news about the opening.

I am also surprised that we didn't here anything about another media preview.

I saw ads for Rise at my theatre in New York City. Granted, it was for Batuu East, but clearly Bob pulled out some cash for an ad campaign.

SevenSevens

i rarely see television so do jot know how the promotional side for the ride has been. i haven't really noticed much of anything in regards to street signage either. i have seen it advertised in theaters before the trailers start, so has anyone noticed much advertising or is Anaheim going to screw up again and try to play it safe and then have non media worthy news about the opening.

They're advertising it every other commercial break on the CW app.

Ismael Flores

It will be interesting to see how busy next Friday will be. I am guessing quite a few annual pass holders will show up.

It would also be interesting if somehow they allowed their hotel guests to get first dibs on booking their virtual queue.

Does Disneyland resort have early openings for their guests? If yes does anyone know where one can check what days?

Last edited:

DanielBB8

I expect a madhouse, but nothing like Orlando. Do those people work in Orlando? Southern Californians might have a better chance of riding without the big tourist crowds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom