DisneylandForward

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Didn’t Disney mention bringing something like the Skyliner as an idea for transportation from Disneyland proper to the Toy Story lot? That would also cut off the other businesses from traffic between the two locations, even if there’s not a walking path in the bubble connecting them. Possibly would be even worse, because a walking path could have additional security entrances that could allow easy access to other businesses, but something like a Skyliner definitely can’t.
No. They used the Skyliner as an alternative example to using pedestrian bridges to cross Disneyland Dr. to the west.

1714503593688.png

Dr.Cheeto

I was thinking the other day that DCA could extend or adjust the Red Car Trolley to be on an elevated track, and cross Disneyland Drive into DCA's Disneyland Forward plot of land. Something like the Electric Railway from Tokyo DisneySea. I'm sure its not possible, but would be cool if the Red Car could turn into the Grizzly Peak mountain, go through some sort of show scene, and then begin to go on an incline. It could then make its way elevated along the Paradise Gardens area, zip in between the Zephyr and Silly Symphony Swings, and head towards DL Forward past the backstage area near Boardwalk Pizza.

wRpOeYMRDIHcqRZOny_iYmd28ANv2MHviD2MAEFD68wlQAb9w5daZ8OBdjLBz4iZ7h-JXpnvfwEhPBBVoUm7dcKcTxxEYzNndtceAnEpYItE3t8BOEmTlnKR-Iu0MsyK

WoundedDreamer

The reason you never saw any updated security checkpoints listed as part of the proposals for DLForward is because that is not really part of the purview of the proposal. The whole proposal is just to get zoning changes, not to put forth security plans. Security is under the purview of Disney corporate and doesn't require City approval on Disney property. So would come after the DLForward approval when Disney starts to plan out the whole west side of the newly rezoned expansion areas. And if we take the original plan from the Eastern Gateway as an example of what they would like for a security bubble its not hard to envision having most if not all of the western expansion within that security bubble including the hotels. Now of course they could keep the hotels outside the security bubble, but given they do it at other Parks (like I mentioned Disneyland Paris), its again not hard to envision they may consider doing that here too. But sure anything is possible and they may just keep it outside the bubble with the rest of everything else of the western expansion inside the bubble.

Also I'm not the one who is thinking Disney would buy Garden Walk, I think that day passed and its not really on Disney's radar anymore. But some here believe that its possible in the future. All I was doing was drawing up a reason why I think a plan with GW and a 3rd gate would be something where Disney would want a larger security bubble around the area, again using the EGW as the example of what they want, and how many of the businesses around Harbor would oppose that. But could they keep GW outside the security bubble, even though DTD is within a security bubble, sure again anything is possible. But again given what we know about what Disney wants in terms of a security bubble, again using the original EGW as the example, it seems more likely they'd want GW and most if not all other Disney properties within a security bubble as much as possible.
For clarity's sake...

@mickEblu asked:

Has Disney said they would want the entire red area to be a security bubble?
To which you responded:
Yes as that was the original intent of the EGW project. They wanted to have a security bubble around all Disney owned properties.
My post was in response to this statement. Disney never proposed including the hotels inside of the security bubble as part of the Eastern Gateway project. If Disney ever considered doing that, it would have been part of internal deliberations. But this was not part of their proposal.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
For clarity's sake...

@mickEblu asked:

To which you responded:

My post was in response to this statement. Disney never proposed including the hotels inside of the security bubble as part of the Eastern Gateway project. If Disney ever considered doing that, it would have been part of internal deliberations. But this was not part of their proposal.
Correct the hotels weren't part of the EGW project as the project was limited to the Harbor side of the property, never tried to claim they were. But with the original EGW project we know their intent was to create a security bubble on the Harbor side, this was all documented in the original EGW proposal. It was discussed here at great length at the time about Disney wanting a large security bubble. So by extension we can assume that Disney would want to do the same thing when they extend west across Disneyland Dr. Something that cannot be stopped, like with the original EGW, as it would all be within Disney property and doesn't require approval. So Disney can create any security bubble they want and include whatever they want in it. And that could potentially include the hotels as they would now be inside the new expansion areas. That was my point.

Last edited:

WoundedDreamer

Correct the hotels weren't part of the EGW project as the project was limited to the Harbor side of the property, never tried to claim they were. But with the original EGW project we know their intent was to create a security bubble on the Harbor side, this was all documented in the original EGW proposal. It was discussed here at great length at the time about Disney wanting a large security bubble. So by extension we can assume that Disney would want to do the same thing when they extend west across Disneyland Dr. Something that cannot be stopped, like with the original EGW, as it would all be within Disney property and doesn't require approval. So Disney can create any security bubble they want and include whatever they want in it. And that could potentially include the hotels as they would now be inside the new expansion areas. That was my point.
Yes, but @mickEblu was asking about Disney wanting to include properties such as the existing three hotels inside the security bubble. To which you answered in the affirmative. That claim was not supported by the project materials. You were incorrect (or maybe just imprecise) in claiming that all property within the red was supposed to be within a security bubble. I'm just trying to answer his question.

Your hypothesis that Disney might in the future move security to the hotel lobbies is not unreasonable. But again, there is no documentary evidence that Disney intends to. It's purely speculation.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Yes, but @mickEblu was asking Disney wanting to include properties such as the existing three hotels inside the security bubble. To which you answered in the affirmative. That claim was not supported by the project materials. You were incorrect (or maybe just imprecise) in claiming that all property within the red was supposed to be within a security bubble. I'm just trying to answer his question.

Your hypothesis that Disney might in the future move security to the hotel lobbies is not unreasonable. But again, there is no documentary evidence that Disney intends to. It's purely speculation.
Or maybe you misunderstood and made assumptions on what I was trying to say. But I'm glad we got it clarified so you understand.

Also everything being discussed in this thread about potential future changes with regards to DisneylandForward is pure speculation anyways, which I'm fairly sure is understood.

BrianLo

I still think it’s a huge visual upgrade over the other Disneyland Hotel towers. But the pricing is insane.

This isn’t Orlando.

I can get a very nice 1 bedroom with a full kitchen in walking distance for maybe 30% more than just the nightly taxes on VDH, let alone the dues and the buy-in.

And all I’m giving up is 30 minutes of early entry at 1 park? I’ll just go to the other park.

I'm not seeing 115$ rates for that unit, am I missing something? VDH rates are a bit nuts though, particularly for the larger units.

CaptinEO

Wait, you're telling us that THIS isn't worth tens of thousands of dollars spread over a decades-long contract?!? 🤔

villas-at-disneyland-hotel-list.jpg

I thought "every space will immerse you in discovering the creative storytelling process".

Am I not immersed by this basic hotel pool fronting a Section 8 apartment complex across Walnut? I could have sworn I was supposed to be immersed.

What's especially weird to me is the tower doesn't even match the theme of the Disneyland Hotel, which has towers for different lands. Why isn't it the Tommorowland Tower?

Instead it's themed after some random made up WDI thing about Walt and Mickey's history.

truecoat

What's especially weird to me is the tower doesn't even match the theme of the Disneyland Hotel, which has towers for different lands. Why isn't it the Tommorowland Tower?

Instead it's themed after some random made up WDI thing about Walt and Mickey's history.
Some say that it's themed after Walt and Mickey but the outside of the building was themed after a plate of food at Rancho del Zocalo.

Rancho Zocalo.jpg

villas-at-disneyland-hotel-list.jpg

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member

In 2006 they were the Sierra, Marina, and Bonita towers.

In 2010 they were the Dreams, Magic, and Wonder tower.

In 2015 they were the Adventure, Frontier, and Fantasy tower.

Presumably Disney isn’t opposed to changing them again to make it make sense eventually.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
In 2006 they were the Sierra, Marina, and Bonita towers.

In 2010 they were the Dreams, Magic, and Wonder tower.

In 2015 they were the Adventure, Frontier, and Fantasy tower.

Presumably Disney isn’t opposed to changing them again to make it make sense eventually.
By the way I would have named the towers for the Disney/Disney-ish characters who could afford to stay in them:
Cruella De Vil
Tony Stark
Marie the Aristocat
Scrooge McDuck

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Yes, but @mickEblu was asking about Disney wanting to include properties such as the existing three hotels inside the security bubble. To which you answered in the affirmative. That claim was not supported by the project materials. You were incorrect (or maybe just imprecise) in claiming that all property within the red was supposed to be within a security bubble. I'm just trying to answer his question.

Disneyland Hotel is getting a security checkpoint, so far seem like it'll be similar to GC security checkpoint -

So Disney is already starting to expand the security bubble even prior to DisneylandForward breaking ground. We'll see how much more the bubble expands as DisneylandForward expansion of the west side continues.

PiratesMansion

Disneyland Hotel is getting a security checkpoint, so far seem like it'll be similar to GC security checkpoint -

So Disney is already starting to expand the security bubble even prior to DisneylandForward breaking ground. We'll see how much more the bubble expands as DisneylandForward expansion of the west side continues.

I'm confused.

Does this mean you're going to have to go through different security when passing from DTD and the DLH, or is the DLH now going to be entirely inside the security bubble?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom