DisneylandForward

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
The idea is that once Disney expands westward across Disneyland Dr for the DisneylandForward park expansions that a majority of the land will be within the security bubble. And so the speculation, and its me who started it, is that instead of just keeping the on-property hotels outside of the security bubble just put them inside as it would make the most sense logistically. So that way its more of a benefit to on-property hotel guests having to go through security just once when they check-in rather than anytime they enter the parks or DTD.

And this speculation all started because of the way the Eastern Gateway was originally presented, which was to include all of the Harbor side once you start crossing the bridge within the security bubble, and what would happen if Disney bought Garden Walk, and made Toy Story lot a real 3rd gate.

As of now no Disney hotels in DLR are inside the security bubble.
I can't speak for everyone else and I never stay on property, but I know personally I wouldn't want to stay at a hotel that goes through all of my personal luggage at check-in, especially if I can't have anything in my luggage that I wouldn't be allowed to take into the parks because there would be no additional checks between my hotel room and the parks.

Again, that's just me, but would make for an interesting poll.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I can't speak for everyone else and I never stay on property, but I know personally I wouldn't want to stay at a hotel that goes through all of my personal luggage at check-in, especially if I can't have anything in my luggage that I wouldn't be allowed to take into the parks because there would be no additional checks between my hotel room and the parks.

Again, that's just me, but would make for an interesting poll.
It would be no different than going through airport security, luggage would go through X-Ray scanners. There has already been rumors of them adding X-Ray scanners at the Parks anyways.

PiratesMansion

Isn’t the Disneyland Paris Hotel inside the security bubble?
Every guest arriving to the entire resort by car or train has to pass through airport style metal detectors (complete with baggage scanners) before they get into the resort complex; not sure about guests pulling up directly to any of the hotels there by car, but I imagine they would have to, because the DL hotel in particular is accessible just outside of the park gates.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Every guest arriving to the entire resort by car or train has to pass through airport style metal detectors (complete with baggage scanners) before they get into the resort complex; not sure about guests pulling up directly to any of the hotels there by car, but I imagine they would have to, because the DL hotel in particular is accessible just outside of the park gates.
Thank you, as that is how I understood it to be. So there is precedent for this type of security bubble with the hotels inside it at a Disney Park. Now will it happen at DLR as they expand with DisneylandForward, maybe or maybe not. Its just speculation at this point. But one would assume that Disney wants as large a security bubble around the Parks as possible. Especially given we know with the EGW they wanted to move the Harbor security screening away from the esplanade and over to the Harbor transpo hub.

I wish Darkbeer was still around as he had discussed what Disney wanted with the resort security bubble when we were all discussing the EGW.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
It would be no different than going through airport security, luggage would go through X-Ray scanners. There has already been rumors of them adding X-Ray scanners at the Parks anyways.
Even if there were X-Ray scanners, as I stated above, you'd still be prohibited in what you can have in your hotel room to only what you can take into the parks because there would be no additional check. Also, hotels to me are like a temporary home. I want it to feel that way. I want to come and go as I please without getting checked over and over again. Guests could be staying a week. They may want to bring alcohol or large coolers to their rooms.

Also, I do it at airports because I have to, or else I'm driving or taking a train. With a hotel I can just go book the one down the street, which is what I would do and probably also a lot of other people. Not worth the investment if it means losing customers.

So there is precedent for this type of security bubble with the hotels inside it at a Disney Park.
Ehhh....different country, different culture. Plus people going to DLP are more likely to stay there as a vacation destination, much like people going to WDW. People going to DLR for longer stays tend to do other things in So. Cal and have many dining options a stone's throw away.

Especially given we know with the EGW they wanted to move the Harbor security screening away from the esplanade and over to the Harbor transpo hub.
You keep saying this, but I don't see how that relates to the hotels. It was during that time that Disney expanded the bubble into DTD and very well could have into the hotels at that time....or any time since. I don't see how expanding the bubble east means they have to include the hotels on the west.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Even if there were X-Ray scanners, as I stated above, you'd still be prohibited in what you can have in your hotel room to only what you can take into the parks because there would be no additional check. Also, hotels to me are like a temporary home. I want it to feel that way. I want to come and go as I please without getting checked over and over again. Guests could be staying a week. They may want to bring alcohol or large coolers to their rooms.

Also, I do it at airports because I have to, or else I'm driving or taking a train. With a hotel I can just go book the one down the street, which is what I would do and probably also a lot of other people. Not worth the investment if it means losing customers.
You make a point here, but just like airports you can buy that same stuff either at the airport or at your destination. So I imagine it would be no different here. And again I use DLP as an example, how do they handle this same situation?

Ehhh....different country, different culture. Plus people going to DLP are more likely to stay there as a vacation destination, much like people going to WDW. People going to DLR for longer stays tend to do other things in So. Cal and have many dining options a stone's throw away.
And so people leaving the resort would then be scanned as they come back instead of just when entering the Parks/DTD.

Also if the DisneylandForward plan over the next several decades gets fully built out as they have indicated it'll be more of a vacation destination. We know that Disney has been trying to make it more of a vacation destination for years now anyways, DisneylandForward tries to make that actually happen.

You keep saying this, but I don't see how that relates to the hotels. It was during that time that Disney expanded the bubble into DTD and very well could have into the hotels at that time....or any time since. I don't see how expanding the bubble east means they have to include the hotels on the west.
And they may not include the hotels which I've said now numerous times, again this is speculation. But they will be expanding westward across Disneyland Dr, and based on that if they don't include the hotels then they will likely be the only thing on the west side outside of the security bubble. And maybe they'll be ok with it, but I'm thinking they will include them.

BrianLo

I was being somewhat facetious, but also pointed in my commentary. Disney doesn’t want the hotels in the bubbles and nor do guests. They are marketing a DVC product, where they want and encourage you to ‘move in’. The list of exempted items from the parks is quite a bit different than free for all that is the hotels.

Guests want to bring blenders and alcohol to their hotel rooms. This is why it isn’t in the bubble and will never change.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I was being somewhat facetious, but also pointed in my commentary. Disney doesn’t want the hotels in the bubbles and nor do guests. They are marketing a DVC product, where they want and encourage you to ‘move in’. The list of exempted items from the parks is quite a bit different than free for all that is the hotels.

Guests want to bring blenders and alcohol to their hotel rooms. This is why it isn’t in the bubble and will never change.
And some guests may want to bring a gun or fireworks to "party" into their hotel room too but that is certainly prohibited. Just because a guest wants to bring something doesn't mean Disney has to allow it or can't change their policy in the future to prohibit previously allowed items.

Also how do they handle DVC at DLP where the hotel is inside the security bubble? Is DVC somehow treated differently than regular guests in terms of what is allowed? Because based on the hotel rules they don't allow outside alcohol to be brought inside the hotels.

BrianLo

And some guests may want to bring a gun or fireworks to "party" into their hotel room too but that is certainly prohibited. Just because a guest wants to bring something doesn't mean Disney has to allow it or can't change their policy in the future to prohibit previously allowed items.

Also how do they handle DVC at DLP where the hotel is inside the security bubble? Is DVC somehow treated differently than regular guests in terms of what is allowed? Because based on the hotel rules they don't allow outside alcohol to be brought inside the hotels.

There isn’t DVC at DLP.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
There isn’t DVC at DLP.
There isn't?

DVC_Paris.jpg

BrianLo

That’s not DVC, it’s a cash surrender exchange program where Disney buys your points and pays itself (generously) by renting out your share of a unit, also using that cash to rent you a hotel room.

Completely different contracts. No one owns DLP.

Similarly to how you can use points for a cruise or international exchange or ABD or even technically other cruise lines. You exit one contract for a cash surrender value and enter another.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
That’s not DVC, it’s a cash surrender exchange program where Disney buys your points and pays itself (generously) by renting out your share of a unit, also using that cash to rent you a hotel room.

Completely different contracts. No one owns DLP.

Similarly to how you can use points for a cruise or international exchange or ABD or even technically other cruise lines. You exit one contract for a cash surrender value and enter another.
Ok got it. But presumably if there was regular DVC at DLP rather than this “exchange” that all the same rules would apply to DVC guests as they would regular DLP hotel guests.

BrianLo

Ok got it. But presumably if there was regular DVC at DLP rather than this “exchange” that all the same rules would apply to DVC guests as they would regular DLP hotel guests.

Theoretically? It would certainly be a unique product and might carry its own rules about what you cannot bring into a unit. It might actually have to be an entirely parallel program. I’m not even sure what the laws are in France on timeshares.

It’s a bit moot as that’s not how the North American only DVC program operates. Things that you aren’t allowed to bring to DLP Hotel are baked into peoples deeds in North American ownership.

I understand the allure in theory… the far simpler solution is just getting the better security wave scanners. As is DLH having its own unique security now is already a big improvement.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Theoretically? It would certainly be a unique product and might carry its own rules about what you cannot bring into a unit. It might actually have to be an entirely parallel program. I’m not even sure what the laws are in France on timeshares.

It’s a bit moot as that’s not how the North American only DVC program operates. Things that you aren’t allowed to bring to DLP Hotel are baked into peoples deeds in North American ownership.

I understand the allure in theory… the far simpler solution is just getting the better security wave scanners. As is DLH having its own unique security now is already a big improvement.
True, we’ll see what happens with the property as DisneylandForward progresses over the next couple years and decades.

Vegas Disney Fan

I think you are correct that it extends beyond the bubble, when we arrived at Sequoia lodge by car they sent our luggage through a scanner as we entered the hotel also, I’m fairly certain all the hotels at DL Paris scan your luggage whether you’re inside the bubble or not.

They had the airport style machines so it only took a few seconds and they didn’t open it or anything, we didn’t find it invasive.

Vegas Disney Fan

One thing we found interesting is we had to go through additional scanners to get into the downtown Disney bubble, even though we’d already been scanned into the hotel, they likely don’t have the same confidence that they can control what comes in and out of the hotel area as closely as what comes in and out of the bubble. We’ve never stayed at the DLHotel in Paris so I’m not sure whether or not they have to go through scanners when the exit the hotel and enter the bubble also.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom