DisneylandForward

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Yeah lots of possibilities.

Perhaps a second esplanade separating two new gates into expanded DL and DCA around where the ESPN zone is now. Not sure if the new DTD expansion prohibits this. My bet would be a DCA expansion at first with a bridge from Pixar Pier or vehicle (much less likely) taking you to the expansion land. Then maybe further down the line a DL expansion over on the other side.
I don't see the new DTD construction affecting much since it is using existing area. If anything they can just reuse the existing security screening right next to ESPN as a new gate.

Its going to be interesting to see things develop over the next decade or so as things progress....

Consumer

I think its included as its part of the overall district and there are continued plans to develop it.

I doubt Disney is having many regrets about GardenWalk at this point. They probably think as many here do, it'll be up for sale again in a few years. So they'll get another shot if they really want it.
What's interesting is that it's not. It's very much labeled as part of the Disneyland Resort plan with the rest being labeled as the Anaheim Resort District.

mickEblu

After thinking about it a little, I think that Disney would most likely just retheme the Pixar Pier Hotel if an expansion goes into the Simba Lot. Seems a lot easier to just retheme the hotel to “match” whatever IP(s) are going there than try to hide it. It’s not like they spent a lot of money on the Pixar Pier conversion. How much could that White paint and IKEA furniture cost?

It’ll probably end up being a poor man’s version of what they re doing at Fantasy Springs in Tokyo

NobodyElse

After thinking about it a little, I think that Disney would most likely just retheme the Pixar Pier Hotel if an expansion goes into the Simba Lot. Seems a lot easier to just retheme the hotel to “match” whatever IP(s) are going there than try to hide it. It’s not like they spent a lot of money on the Pixar Pier conversion. How much could that White paint and IKEA furniture cost?

It’ll probably end up being a poor man’s version of what they re doing at Fantasy Springs in Tokyo

Day-Glo Llamas are always a good option for underwhelming properties.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Yep, but not everyone reads that site and it wasn't mentioned in this thread hence why I said that and posted it..... :)
You said "I'm surprised this didn't get picked up by anyone earlier...." Hence why I said it had been posted online previously. :)

That said, I see no world in which they invest in either a Skyliner or PeopleMover to move people from the parking lot to the resort. It's gonna be a bridge. :p Unless somebody decides the monorail is in dire shape and they want to invest the money to demolish, rebuild and add stations to it. Which is also pretty unlikely.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
...I see no world in which they invest in either a Skyliner or PeopleMover to move people from the parking lot to the resort. It's gonna be a bridge. :p Unless somebody decides the monorail is in dire shape and they want to invest the money to demolish, rebuild and add stations to it. Which is also pretty unlikely.
Well aren't you a buzzkill, jk ;) Its always fun to just talk about the "what ifs" even if it may never happen.

So with that, the Peoplemover and Sky(way)liner in this case aren't talked about being used in regards to moving people to/from a parking lot like the Eastern Gateway Pumbaa parking structure. Rather its talked about potentially being used to transport guests from the east side of the property to the new proposed west side expansion.

And funny enough it does appear in other places in the EIR about Monorail expansion for use to potentially transport guests to/from the proposed shopping district expansion for Toy Story lot.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
1984 would like a word with you. No one showed up. ;)
Difference is back then there wasn't a huge AP/Magic Key program.

With stories of DL being empty in 1984 it might actually have the opposite effect this time around and actually drive more locals to go expecting an empty park during the games.

Anyways that's not the point of my post. I'm just hoping they start something major so it has a chance to be done by 2028. Even though yes I know it probably won't happen.

TP2000

Difference is back then there wasn't a huge AP/Magic Key program.

You say that like it's 2009, and TDA doesn't have an App driven way to limit Magic Key attendance down to a single percent.

With stories of DL being empty in 1984 it might actually have the opposite effect this time around and actually drive more locals to go expecting an empty park during the games.

2019 and the opening of Star Wars Galaxy's Edge would like a word. No one showed up.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
You say that like it's 2009, and TDA doesn't have an App driven way to limit Magic Key attendance down to a single percent.

2019 and the opening of Star Wars Galaxy's Edge would like a word. No one showed up.
Well I do hope no one shows up, I'll have the whole resort to myself then..... :)

CaptinEO

That was legendary. Summer 2019 was great in every way. The park even started selling 100 dollar park hoppers.

It was so funny to have the parks be ghost towns. It's entirely Disney's fault for years of them talking about how crowded the park will be and how they will issue bathroom passes.

They told people not to show up and the people listened.

Nirya

I personally think they will remove the Pixar Pier hotel one day in the future ( I hope ), can integrate a new hotel if they do indeed build theme park space that way.

And they will likely slowly tear down the old Disneyland Hotel towers, replacing them with ones similar to the new tower.

In a perfect world, they would have bought GardenWalk, torn it down, and turned that into a brand-new Disneyland Hotel complex connected to the Esplande via Peoplemover, thus freeing up that entire area for a third park.

Consumer

In a perfect world, they would have bought GardenWalk, torn it down, and turned that into a brand-new Disneyland Hotel complex connected to the Esplande via Peoplemover, thus freeing up that entire area for a third park.
Despite its lackluster aesthetic, the infrastructure of GardenWalk is actually incredibly solid. The mall undeniably needs a massive facelift with some more desirable stores and restaurants, but the groundwork is there for a superior Downtown Disney. A particular great highlight is that should the Eastern Gateway come to pass, GardenWalk quickly becomes the perfect link between the Eastern Gateway and a third gate on the Toy Story Lot. "a ThIrD gAtE wIlL nEvEr HaPpEn "

AJFireman

According to a SEC filing, Disney Parks is doubling their investment in the parks over the next 10 years to $60 billion. Is Disneyland Forward going...forward?
In the statement posted today referencing Disneyland. The SEC filing is linked there also with more info claiming they have 1000s of acres worldwide to build on.

"“We have a wealth of untapped stories to bring to life across our business,” said D’Amaro. “Frozen, one of the most successful and popular animated franchises of all time, could have a presence at the Disneyland Resort. Wakanda has yet to be brought to life. The world of Coco is just waiting to be explored. There’s a lot of storytelling opportunity.”

Will will frozen be the first land built with expansion. Or was he just throwing out popular franchises nanes.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
In the statement posted today referencing Disneyland. The SEC filing is linked there also with more info claiming they have 1000s of acres worldwide to build on.

"“We have a wealth of untapped stories to bring to life across our business,” said D’Amaro. “Frozen, one of the most successful and popular animated franchises of all time, could have a presence at the Disneyland Resort. Wakanda has yet to be brought to life. The world of Coco is just waiting to be explored. There’s a lot of storytelling opportunity.”

Will will frozen be the first land built with expansion. Or was he just throwing out popular franchises nanes.

I mean, their concept art showed what could possibly be a Frozen Land (or more so, a copy of Fantasy Springs) and a Wakanda Land, so I'm sure those ideas are already in their minds for what they would do if they ended up using this land for theme park expansion. The concept was probably a lot of cut and paste, but I still think those lands are at the forefront of their minds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom