MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hi rez...

1694797631975.png

1694797605194.png

1694797755641.png

Consumer

What intrigues me most about this project is how the new park or expansions of DCA and DL would be integrated with DTD and the grounds surrounding the hotels. If it becomes a third park what creative way do they have you cross the current Simba lot and then in between the Disney Hotel/ DTD to get to the other side of the new park while keeping out the outside world?

I think it’s much more likely that if any part of this project happens it just becomes a DCA expansion on the Simba lot at first. Then maybe years down the line a DL expansion on the other side.
Building a foot bridge over Disneyland Drive to unify the Simba Lot and Paradise Pier, tearing down the Paradise Pier Hotel and rebuilding it in the style of Hotel del Coronado, and then building a San Francisco land with a Gold Rush themed Pirates of the Caribbean style attraction on the Simba Lot is the ideal outcome for this plot of land. Will that ever happen? Of course not, it'd actually be good and honor the idea of DCA. Instead, we'll get Avatar Land and the Paradise Pier Hotel will be redesigned to look like a floating mountain.

mickEblu

Building a foot bridge over Disneyland Drive to unify the Simba Lot and Paradise Pier, tearing down the Paradise Pier Hotel and rebuilding it in the style of Hotel del Coronado, and then building a San Francisco land with a Gold Rush themed Pirates of the Caribbean style attraction on the Simba Lot is the ideal outcome for this plot of land. Will that ever happen? Of course not, it'd actually be good and honor the idea of DCA. Instead, we'll get Avatar Land and the Paradise Pier Hotel will be redesigned to look like a floating mountain.

Or even more likely we get Avatar land and they don’t retheme the Paradise Pier hotel at all. Haha

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
I have seen Fresh Baked in person. He is not a grown man to be taken seriously about anything of susbstance.

Anyone who refuses to make even the slightest criticism towards Disney, is no Disney blogger / analyst to me. I have a handful of criticism towards my favorite products, but not moreso than I have towards the blatant mess that is Disney.

Vegas Disney Fan

So I’m just wondering if Disneyland Forward happens what do they do about those hotel sight lines?
I don’t think they care anymore, they’ll just have the hotels clearly visible from the parks.

Sight lines were a pre-2015 quality issue, they’ve shown with Guardians at DCA, Guardians at Epcot, the Skyliner, and most recently the San Fransokyo bridge that sight lines aren’t a concern for Disney anymore.

Consumer

I don’t think they care anymore, they’ll just have the hotels clearly visible from the parks.

Sight lines were a pre-2015 quality issue, they’ve shown with Guardians at DCA, Guardians at Epcot, the Skyliner, and most recently the San Fransokyo bridge that sight lines aren’t a concern for Disney anymore.
Depends on the project. WDI did everything in their power to protect the sightlines of Galaxy's Edge, even unnecessarily hiding the Disneyland Railroad.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
That guy and his hoard are better seen and not heard.
His hoard left him. It's just him and his wife now.
Anyone who refuses to make even the slightest criticism towards Disney, is no Disney blogger / analyst to me. I have a handful of criticism towards my favorite products, but not moreso than I have towards the blatant mess that is Disney.
He went on a 5 minute rant on his last construction update about how we should praise Disney for putting Hera in Galaxy's Edge because she's an "alien" and Disney is "finally" putting aliens in the land like they originally promised.

First of all, Hera is there because they've always put characters in GE and AC to promote the latest shows that are released. I highly doubt she will be an ongoing character after Ahsoka is finished.

Second, I'm pretty sure when the idea of aliens in the land was a thing, it would have been multiple characters roaming around adding streetmosphere, not just the occasional character promoting the latest Disney+ shows.

It was just weird that he was reprimanding people for not being happy they have Hera there and being critical of not having the things that were promised because they are somehow fulfilling that need now.

mickEblu

His hoard left him. It's just him and his wife now.

He went on a 5 minute rant on his last construction update about how we should praise Disney for putting Hera in Galaxy's Edge because she's an "alien" and Disney is "finally" putting aliens in the land like they originally promised.

First of all, Hera is there because they've always put characters in GE and AC to promote the latest shows that are released. I highly doubt she will be an ongoing character after Ahsoka is finished.

Second, I'm pretty sure when the idea of aliens in the land was a thing, it would have been multiple characters roaming around adding streetmosphere, not just the occasional character promoting the latest Disney+ shows.

It was just weird that he was reprimanding people for not being happy they have Hera there and being critical of not having the things that were promised because they are somehow fulfilling that need now.

Exactly what I thought when I watched it. What Disney meant by “aliens” was random creatures walking around the land going about their day which would make the land feel like a real lived in place which was the original goal of the imagineers. Ashoka being there is no different than Chewie being there. The only difference is that she looks more like a stereotypical “alien” so he took that and ran with it. Haha.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
You can hide sightlines pretty easy if the walking paths are close to buildings, or you have something obstructing like the mountain (or whatever it is) in the middle.

1694804495030.png

People on the northeast side would be obstructed by show buildings and people on the southwest side would be obstructed by the Thrill Ride in the middle. Kinda like you can't see the Matterhorn from inside Fantasyland between Snow White and Peter Pan because the show buildings are close to you.

Vegas Disney Fan

This is why I prefer FB to other vloggers, I like his optimism and childlike glee at the smallest things. There’s so much negativity in the world, it’s nice to watch something ridiculously positive for a change.

I used to watch Pc Dev for the same reason with WDW updates but he’s become a bit jaded.

We all know there’s problems with the parks but sometimes it’s just fun to watch something that ignores that and just focuses on the good.

mickEblu

You can hide sightlines pretty easy if the walking paths are close to buildings, or you have something obstructing like the mountain (or whatever it is) in the middle.

View attachment 743092

People on the northeast side would be obstructed by show buildings and people on the southwest side would be obstructed by the Thrill Ride in the middle. Kinda like you can't see the Matterhorn from inside Fantasyland between Snow White and Peter Pan because the show buildings are close to you.

Right but obviously it’s not feasible to build a whole land(s) where the guest will be in close proximity to show buildings facades that block out the hotels. They also tend to build with larger walking spaces for modern day crowds/ guests. I think the new(?)hotel at Tokyo is clearly visible from Fantasy Springs right? It’s just plopped down for everyone to see like it’s the Matterhorn. I guess the question is are they going that route or going to try their best to block out the hotels where they can? Even if the latter, I doubt you’ll be able to conceal them from all angles.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Diagon Alley has entered the chat.

Hahah well Moana is not Diagon alley and they re obviously not going to choose an IP based on what they think would work well within the existing constraints. They re going to pick the hottest IP and do their best to make it work.

lazyboy97o

Hahah well Moana is not Diagon alley and they re obviously not going to choose an IP based on what they think would work well within the existing constraints. They re going to pick the hottest IP and do their best to make it work.
That’s not what you said. You said it wasn’t feasible when there are lands that are tightly built to control sight lines. Even Moana could be built in such a way.

mickEblu

That’s not what you said. You said it wasn’t feasible when there are lands that are tightly built to control sight lines. Even Moana could be built in such a way.

It’s not feasible. It has to work with the chosen IP and Disney has to be willing to put in the effort/ time/ money.

Last edited:

NobodyElse

People love to grab these drawings and run with them.

I've mentioned this before, but it might bear repeating. I believe that "Disneyland Forward" is Disney's attempt to create a (for lack of a better term) Zoning / Design Envelope. They want to define the boundaries including height. Undoubtedly sound impact will be studied and considered, as well as some other parameters. These illustrations are designed to give people an example of what could be built, but they're just examples. So, if Disney gets the proper authorities to sign off on this, they get a certain period of time (20, 30, 50 years?) to do whatever they want (assuming proper setbacks, and other already mandated regulations) without going through extra processes each time.

Does that make sense?

mickEblu

People love to grab these drawings and run with them.

I've mentioned this before, but it might bear repeating. I believe that "Disneyland Forward" is Disney's attempt to create a (for lack of a better term) Zoning / Design Envelope. They want to define the boundaries including height. Undoubtedly sound impact will be studied and considered, as well as some other parameters. These illustrations are designed to give people an example of what could be built, but they're just examples. So, if Disney gets the proper authorities to sign off on this, they get a certain period of time (20, 30, 50 years?) to do whatever they want (assuming proper setbacks, and other already mandated regulations) without going through extra processes each time.

Does that make sense?

So are you telling me there is no Moana Land coming to DLR by 2028?

D.Silentu

So I’m just wondering if Disneyland Forward happens what do they do about those hotel sight lines? They’re much taller the Grand Californian which was also designed simultaneously with Grizzly Peak. How do you make Moana land work with
the Disneyland and Pixar Place hotels towering over it?
My vote is for reflective windows. Not a watertight solution, but an attempt at mirroring the sky is probably the best option in such close quarters.

mickEblu

My vote is for reflective windows. Not a watertight solution, but an attempt at mirroring the sky is probably the best option in such close quarters.

Interesting? Has this ever been done for these purposes? Are you taking about just retrofitting the existing windows on the hotels?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom