DisneylandForward

el_super

I am sure the Governor could add some decent weight behind it however, and or incentivize the city, in the best interests of the State.

The only thing I really pick up from this is that the Governor wanted to go to Pride Night and Disney used the opportunity for some PR.

OTOH... DisneylandForward hasn't really picked up a lot of opposition... yet at least. The people that would be most opposed to it, are the area neighbors that would see traffic/noise increase (especially in the residential areas immediately adjacent to the property). They weren't really successful is stalling out the Westcot/DCA projects in the 1990s, and they've lost a lot of steam since.

Sharon&Susan

Can anyone with skills (not me) zoom in on the white board in picture on the right?
Looks like a map of DTD pre-remodel, red seems to indicate buildings to still be remodeled/demolished. Interesting the Lego Store and Tortilla Joes are both marked as red.
DTDmap.jpg

TP2000

I wonder what’s going there especially since it seems Din Tai Fung and Earl are going in the new area where the AMC was.

Patina Group was really touch and go there during Covid, but they have survived. Barely.

I'm sure they've got a concept that can slot into this space. But what is it? Who knows?

As far as cuisine, anything would be better than what they're serving across the way at Splitsville. Unless they put in an Applebee's with an untrained kitchen staff and robot waitresses that haven't yet been programmed for charm, then that might be a tad worse that Splitsville.

PiratesMansion

Well Cruella DeVille is leaving Disney. Maybe she is going to help the Joker?

iu
Looks like she's leaving to deal with a legit medical emergency in her family. While I can't say I'll miss her tone-deaf quotes, I do feel a little bad for her and the situation it seems like she's dealing with.

I ate at Tortilla Jo's back in 2015 (our other restaurant of choice that trip? House of Blues). It was fine, but never a place I ever felt compelled to go back to. I also ate at Ralph Brennan's last year specifically because of the impending refresh, and honestly other than the beignets and the decor it also was just ok.

I'm honestly fine with the Downtown Disney mass refresh, because I think it really does need it. Disney Springs pops with an energy, vibrancy, and pulse that Downtown Disney simply does not have, and in my experience never has had, not to mention a much better restaurant lineup. My issue is how much time this all seems to be taking. You would think they'd want to fast-track the building of places that will produce revenue, but no, seems like they're content to make the place an eyesore for as long as possible to save a little money in the short term, never mind that the best thing for them to do would be to get these things up and running as soon as they can.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom