Disneyland, Universal and other California theme parks can reopen April 1 - OCR/SCNG

George Lucas on a Bench

I couldn't agree more. The way we have neglected our forest management in California for almost 30 years is criminal.

But it's not really as fashionable of a punchline as making fun of Texans for their worst winter storm in recorded history.

The difference is that the one week of Winter weather in Texas ended and everyone turned on the AC the following week when the power was back on. I think there's arguments to be made that both have problems, but California seems to burn down every year at this point and I think most would like to see more preventative measures to stop having the most devastating fire season year after year.

DavidNoble

Like how California's Power Lines have created so many fires and deaths, that we have to turn them off in high fire risk areas for days, just so try and prevent it from happening again.

Plus all the fires that have happened in California due to lack of Forest Management.

Or the failure to build more water storage areas to prevent water use restrictions. in drought times.

Or building new roads and freeways.

California's Infrastructure is in poor shape, with the exception of earthquake proofing, which started decades ago.

The fact that CA isn't investing in the state itself, by way of infrastructure and housing, is really sad and has caused it to be in the state that it is.

el_super

All the Californians leaving in droves for Texas would disagree I presume

The California Exodus was never really true:

BERKELEY (AP) – A popular notion that there was a mass exodus from California last year is wrong, according to research from a nonpartisan think tank.
Most moves during 2020 happened within the state, the California Policy Lab said Thursday.

AmishGuy91

BERKELEY (AP) – A popular notion that there was a mass exodus from California last year is wrong, according to research from a nonpartisan think tank.
Most moves during 2020 happened within the state, the California Policy Lab said Thursday.

Oh cool, you found one California based article. I can find numerous other articles stating otherwise, plus I see it first-hand.

castleparker

While I don't think that it is necessarily a mass exodus, something has to be behind the state's slow march to going blue, and I often hear Californians are to thank for that.

GimpYancIent

I couldn't agree more. The way we have neglected our forest management in California for almost 30 years is criminal.

But it's not really as fashionable of a punchline as making fun of Texans for their worst winter storm in recorded history.

Careful I believe Mother Nature just said "Hold My Beer"

el_super

While I don't think that it is necessarily a mass exodus, something has to be behind the state's slow march to going blue, and I often hear Californians are to thank for that.

Yeah there's a lot of nuances to the changing demographics in California. Everything from international immigration into the state, to the housing crisis, to high speed rail, all the way to the work-from-home technology that is going to have an impact on who lives here and who has to leave.

That said, just like every other time it has come up in the last 20-30 years, the idea that there is a mass of people just plain "fed-up" with the politics of the state and that the only relief is a mass exodus or dividing it up between ideologies ... is all just political fantasy.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Nope. Not a word. He spent several minutes talking about how much his new immigrant friends Francisco and Maria love him and his wise leadership. You'll be interested to know that Maria is 85 years old and has had her Covid shots, and now she's an activist in Fresno getting more elderly immigrants vaccinated.

But he didn't mention anything about California's famous tourism industry. Not. A. Single. Word.

It's funny you mention that. I can see the fireworks from several rooms in my house, and I have really missed them!

Also the fireworks at Angel Stadium, but mostly Disneyland's. :(

Emmanuel

LA County is moving forward with allowing indoor dining as soon as the county reaches the red tier. Previously they were weighing on still not permitting it but decided to align with the state this time.

Indoor dining along with what else is allowed in red is expected to begin between next Monday once the County gets to red if the requirements to get to red tier change if/when the 2 million vaccine goal in low income communities is reached which is expected tomorrow. The requirement to get to red changes from 7 cases to 10 cases per 100,000 in the case rate section. Positivity and Health Equity for LA are at Orange Tier levels.

LA County will require 8 feet of spacing between tables indoors. Those dining inside can do so only with other members in the same household for up to 6 people. Ventilation indoors is to be increased to the "fullest extent possible".

This relates to OC which is also expected to drop to red at the same time (of course there's first hand accounts of indoor dining already happening in the OC for a while).

I expect theme park reopening dates to be released sometime in the coming days/weeks after the official move to the red tier.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

1615522743250.png

TP2000

Nice try. Oregon’s power lines were knocked down but Texas and its deregulated power grid failed due to incompetence. You know that but are choosing to ignore that fact.

It wasn't an unprecedented ice and snow storm that destroyed the Texas power grid? It was all done by Ted Cruz and his ego?

I had no idea.

What's the excuse for hipster Portlanders sitting in the ice and cold for a week without power? Global Warming? Or Portlandia being cancelled after Season 8?

Seriously, as someone who lived in Portland and through plenty of its famous ice storms (and a few volcanic eruptions) and am fairly familiar with that region and its politics and weather, what was the reason that caused Oregon's power grid to fail in the worst mass power outage in Oregon state history? And why can't we make fun of them for it like we can Texans?

Last edited:

TP2000

LA County is moving forward with allowing indoor dining as soon as the county reaches the red tier. Previously they were weighing on still not permitting it but decided to align with the state this time.

Yeah, all of a sudden LA County politicians are tripping over themselves to ditch all their previous high standards and lofty goals. They are now going on the statewide race to the bottom to ditch all the rules from three months ago and reopen everything ASAP.

Except...
LA County will require 8 feet of spacing between tables indoors. Those dining inside can do so only with other members in the same household for up to 6 people.

They can't quite give up their grip on power. They want the Denny's hostess and the cashier at In-N-Out to police who knows whom, if you are really a brother from the same house or just a cousin from Pomona, if the guy joining the party of 3 in the corner booth is really part of that household or if he's just that lady's date and he was parking the car.

Seriously, can you imagine any restaurant owner hanging by a thread actually enforcing these bizarre rules on who gets to dine with whom? I can't. I just had lunch today in Carlsbad in one of the many restaurants there that has Indoor Dining in open violation of state law. And the booth next to me had three uniformed Marine Corps officers eating lunch there too, subtly flipping the bird to Governor Newsom and his idiotic rules. Semper Fi! 🤣

Ventilation indoors is to be increased to the "fullest extent possible".

Well, that seems to violate all Global Warming rules in California. If you can't sell a gas powered car, why can you turn up the air conditioning at Denny's?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom