Disneyland, Universal and other California theme parks can reopen April 1 - OCR/SCNG

mharrington

And again I'd like to point out, as I did a couple days ago, Newsom has already called out the "Green Tier" as being achievable:

“Our goal is to get to the day when the Blueprint is no longer needed. As more people are vaccinated and more vaccines are available, especially in our most impacted communities, we can envision a day when California can enter the ‘green tier’ – in which strict public health measures will no longer be needed,” continued Governor Newsom.

“Until then, we will continue to evaluate, update and disclose public health and vaccine data to move at a steady and responsible pace.”

So this isn't the first time Newsom has talked about California getting to a "Green Tier".

It has always been about vaccinations, that is the key to getting to the "Green Tier", as I've been telling you for months now. So it should be no shock that now we getting to over 25% of those 18 and older getting at least the first shot that the Tier system will include your beloved "Green Tier".

The following video (from Adventures In Design) does not mention a green tier, only a yellow tier, but it does go into detail that reopening Disneyland may be a little more complicated than one would think:

Among other things, it's probably unrealistic to think that Disneyland could reopen by April, that late May or early June is probably more realistic (and that's assuming cases go down). Also, the video argues that for Disneyland to be at 15% capacity (which is what it could be at in the red tier) is unprofitable.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
The following video (from Adventures In Design) does not mention a green tier, only a yellow tier, but it does go into detail that reopening Disneyland may be a little more complicated than one would think:

Among other things, it's probably unrealistic to think that Disneyland could reopen by April, that late May or early June is probably more realistic (and that's assuming cases go down). Also, the video argues that for Disneyland to be at 15% capacity (which is what it could be at in the red tier) is unprofitable.

Well, he is wrong.

The internal talk is prepare for Orange, but be ready for Yellow.

ToTBellHop

The CEO of the company said April.

WDW opened at 15% and was (barely) profitable last summer. DL will open at 25%, however. Not a problem given that not everything will be available.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

That video is outdated, it was uploaded on the 8th, we have more information now. Chapek stated yesterday, on the 9th, that Disneyland would reopen in late April.

That "vlogger" even posted a note in the chat for that video about the same thing:

"Hey Friends! I have seen the good news by Disneyland CEO Bob Chapek where he said they are “hopeful” to open Disneyland by end of April. That’s about two weeks faster than what I had imagined through my investigations and interviews with Disneyland park insiders. Let’s hope they can make this happen but also understand everything is changing by the minute. Either way I can’t wait to see you all back inside the park. What a hopeful day this has become!!! See you later today when I go LIVE from Disneyland Resort. - Brickey"

So just because someone posts a video about something related to Disneyland doesn't mean A. they actually know anything, or B. that whatever they post might be outdated information.

Also as has been stated by others its expected that by the time end of April rolls around that OC will be in the Orange Tier (maybe even in Yellow Tier). I mean OC is in the Orange Tier now with most of their metrics. So its not hard to see that Orange Tier is very possible by late April.

I know you don't want to be disappointed again like you were last July. But at this point you can be optimistic and be happy that Disneyland will be reopening in a matter of weeks, just have to wait a little bit longer.

mharrington

That video is outdated, it was uploaded on the 8th, we have more information now. Chapek stated yesterday, on the 9th, that Disneyland would reopen in late April.

That "vlogger" even posted a note in the chat for that video about the same thing:

"Hey Friends! I have seen the good news by Disneyland CEO Bob Chapek where he said they are “hopeful” to open Disneyland by end of April. That’s about two weeks faster than what I had imagined through my investigations and interviews with Disneyland park insiders. Let’s hope they can make this happen but also understand everything is changing by the minute. Either way I can’t wait to see you all back inside the park. What a hopeful day this has become!!! See you later today when I go LIVE from Disneyland Resort. - Brickey"

So just because someone posts a video about something related to Disneyland doesn't mean A. they actually know anything, or B. that whatever they post might be outdated information.

Also as has been stated by others its expected that by the time end of April rolls around that OC will be in the Orange Tier (maybe even in Yellow Tier). I mean OC is in the Orange Tier now with most of their metrics. So its not hard to see that Orange Tier is very possible by late April.

I know you don't want to be disappointed again like you were last July. But at this point you can be optimistic and be happy that Disneyland will be reopening in a matter of weeks, just have to wait a little bit longer.

Don't get me wrong, I want to be optimistic, but I'm also trying to temper my excitement, because yes, I don't want to be disappointed either.

TP2000

Don't get me wrong, I want to be optimistic, but I'm also trying to temper my excitement, because yes, I don't want to be disappointed either.

No one does, especially at the prices Disneyland will charge to get in when they reopen.

Your hesitance is completely understandable. Many of us are right there with you.

If this unknown statement of "Indoor Time Restrictions" applies to Disneyland's epic and long indoor dark rides, I'm not going.

I am not paying $75 to walk around a closed DCA and eat $25 worth of food, so I'm certainly not paying $150 to wander around a half-opened Disneyland with all E Tickets closed and only get to ride the Teacups, the Mark Twain, and Gadget's Go Coaster.

We simply need more information from Sacramento on what they will allow Disneyland to operate. Until then, I'm hesitant. You are wise to be hesitant too.

TP2000

I just realized it's been at least 20 years since I rode Gadget's Go Coaster. Probably more. So maybe it's time? :cool:

I see Texas has just ripped the band-aid off completely now. No restrictions of any kind, no mask mandates, just business as usual like it was in January, 2020. And Texas is already expanding vaccine availability to those age 50 and over starting Monday.

LA County has come off their high horse and now is pretending to care about businesses and will lower their standards to the state level, so they are in line with Orange County. Gavin Newsom is tripping over himself to relax the rules on the Four Tiers and even says the words "Green Tier" in public now. Things are moving very quickly, and Sacramento politicians are panicking.

How much longer before we get to a Texas level of sanity? Two months? Three months?

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

I just realized it's been at least 20 years since I rode Gadget's Go Coaster. Probably more. So maybe it's time? :cool:
I keep thinking of applying to work attractions as soon as the job applications are posted online- but then I remember that for every Jungle Cruise or Indiana Jones Adventure, there's the Jumping Jellyfish and Gadget's Go Coaster.

And while being a skipper for a few months (no longer then 6 months) would be an absolutely delightful time, the thought of working on the Jellies is a huge deterrent.
I see Texas has just ripped the band-aid off completely now. No restrictions of any kind, no mask mandates, just business as usual like it was in January, 2020. And Texas is already expanding vaccine availability to those age 50 and over starting Monday.

LA County has come off their high horse and now is pretending to care about businesses and will lower their standards to the state level, so they are in line with Orange County. Gavin Newsom is tripping over himself to relax the rules on the Four Tiers and even says the words "Green Tier" in public now. Things are moving very quickly, and Sacramento politicians are panicking.

How much longer before we get to a Texas level of sanity? Two months? Three months?

But remember, even with Texas completely open and California mostly shut down, there's still literally no better place to do business then Newsom's California.

TP2000

Since when did Disneyland's puffy, neckbeard bloggers turn into buff UFC fighters? Have they been doing Keto during Covid? 🧐

If we're getting to a Texas level of sanity, should we be expecting this current storm to completely wipe out all electricity for a week?

No, that was Oregon. I know folks in the Portland suburbs who were without power for 6 days from the same ice storm that destroyed Texas a day later, on its way down from the artic circle.

We never heard about Oregon because they have the Right Kind Of People living in that state and we don't make fun of them when something bad happens, like an epic winter storm. Texans are fair game though. 🤣..... :oops:..... 🤨

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
At this point its just a matter of WHEN Disneyland will reopen whether that be April or slightly later, but its going to reopen. So there is no reason to think it won't, so its perfectly fine to be optimistic now.

Disney, as stated by Chapek, is planning for late April. So we'll just have to wait and see if that happens or if its slightly later than that.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
We never heard about Oregon because they have the Right Kind Of People living in that state and we don't make fun of them when something bad happens, like an epic winter storm. Texans are fair game though. Maybe some of 'em even died! 🤣..... :oops:..... 🤨

Like how California's Power Lines have created so many fires and deaths, that we have to turn them off in high fire risk areas for days, just so try and prevent it from happening again.

Plus all the fires that have happened in California due to lack of Forest Management.

Or the failure to build more water storage areas to prevent water use restrictions. in drought times.

Or building new roads and freeways.

California's Infrastructure is in poor shape, with the exception of earthquake proofing, which started decades ago.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
No one does, especially at the prices Disneyland will charge to get in when they reopen.

Your hesitance is completely understandable. Many of us are right there with you.

If this unknown statement of "Indoor Time Restrictions" applies to Disneyland's epic and long indoor dark rides, I'm not going.

I am not paying $75 to walk around a closed DCA and eat $25 worth of food, so I'm certainly not paying $150 to wander around a half-opened Disneyland with all E Tickets closed and only get to ride the Teacups, the Mark Twain, and Gadget's Go Coaster.

We simply need more information from Sacramento on what they will allow Disneyland to operate. Until then, I'm hesitant. You are wise to be hesitant too.
There you go again posting something that you aren't even close to being correct on. None of what you posted is about what the poster is even talking about.

TP2000

There you go again posting something that you aren't even close to being correct on.

Oh, I didn't know you were being consulted on for The Guidance.

How long are the Indoor Time Restrictions going to be for theme park rides in California?

Will Pirates be allowed at 16 minutes long? Rise Before Dawn at 20+ minutes? Small World is 15 minutes long, but about 3 of those minutes are in the outdoor garden flume, so... 12 minutes? What's the cutoff exactly?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Oh, I didn't know you were being consulted on for The Guidance.

How long are the Indoor Time Restrictions going to be for theme park rides in California?

Will Pirates be allowed at 16 minutes long? Rise Before Dawn at 20+ minutes? Small World is 15 minutes long, but about 3 of those minutes are in the outdoor garden flume, so... 12 minutes? What's the cutoff exactly?
Again NONE of that is what the poster was asking about.

The poster is and has been concerned about Disneyland reopening AT ALL, not the stupid guidance. You are completely off the mark on this one.

TP2000

Like how California's Power Lines have created so many fires and deaths, that we have to turn them off in high fire risk areas for days, just so try and prevent it from happening again.

Plus all the fires that have happened in California due to lack of Forest Management.

Or the failure to build more water storage areas to prevent water use restrictions. in drought times.

Or building new roads and freeways.

California's Infrastructure is in poor shape, with the exception of earthquake proofing, which started decades ago.

I couldn't agree more. The way we have neglected our forest management in California for almost 30 years is criminal.

But it's not really as fashionable of a punchline as making fun of Texans for their worst winter storm in recorded history.

fctiger

Also we're a little less than 100k vaccinations away from hitting that 2M goal of vaccinations in lower income communities. Its expected to hit that 2M by Friday allowing a further loosening of the Red tier requirements. Which means that more counties can enter the Red tier starting next week. The goal will be to hit that 4M mark by the end of the month or shortly after, so the Orange and Yellow Tier requirements are loosened. LA and OC would then be able to hit the Orange Tier by the time Disneyland and the other theme parks are ready to reopen.

All great news! The last three months has really seen a great turnaround. This is what happens when you have an active government again. Yeah by time DL and the other opens, they will probably open up a lot than planned now. Our kids are just excited we may be able to go back to the movies in a few weeks and actually eat inside a Denny's lol.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Exclusive photo revealing how Gavin was able to update the Guidance:

Last Monday:
5D7F2E3D-A67E-4BF9-9D5D-4DC0E9749E19.jpeg

Tuesday:
1615463916117.jpeg

Wednesday:
1615464621185.gif

Last edited:

truecoat

Since when did Disneyland's puffy, neckbeard bloggers turn into buff UFC fighters? Have they been doing Keto during Covid? 🧐

No, that was Oregon. I know folks in the Portland suburbs who were without power for 6 days from the same ice storm that destroyed Texas a day later, on its way down from the artic circle.

We never heard about Oregon because they have the Right Kind Of People living in that state and we don't make fun of them when something bad happens, like an epic winter storm. Texans are fair game though. 🤣..... :oops:..... 🤨
Nice try. Oregon’s power lines were knocked down but Texas and its deregulated power grid failed due to incompetence. You know that but are choosing to ignore that fact.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom