Disneyland, Universal and other California theme parks can reopen April 1 - OCR/SCNG

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
After all the excitement of the April 1st news from Friday, I'm ready to start hearing some actual opening dates. I can't wait to make some weekend trip plans! My dream would be to have reservations for opening day at Disneyland but I don't have high hopes of being that lucky with reservations... I'm mostly hoping that Discovery Kingdom near me opens ASAP so I can at least ride some coasters while waiting for Disney.
Well, SFDK aka the old Marineworld, has been open running as a Zoo. I Expect them to open as a Theme Park sometime in April.

TP2000

But what about the bartender from Montana?? Is he still mad about our indoor dining? I don't need sleep I need answers!
Don’t forget about their bison painting that we were supposed to be jealous about!
Who’s making fun of Montana??
I was referring to those two posts above; you and castleparker laughing about that bartender in Butte. (Billings?)
If it’s so bad here, start looking into moving and relocating somewhere you actually enjoy.

No, I'm staying. I'm retired and I have my lovely home and comfy life here. And when it gets too hot in OC I retreat down to La Jolla for August and September.

But young people? Kids just starting their marriages and families? Small business owners fighting against the mandates and disdain from Sacramento? Big companies realizing how much they pay in taxes and how little respect they get for it?

So as a Californian, especially during Covid, I would be very careful about making fun of other states. The hard data and facts about how other states are currently doing just don't support the laughter here.

TP2000

After all the excitement of the April 1st news from Friday, I'm ready to start hearing some actual opening dates. I can't wait to make some weekend trip plans! My dream would be to have reservations for opening day at Disneyland but I don't have high hopes of being that lucky with reservations... I'm mostly hoping that Discovery Kingdom near me opens ASAP so I can at least ride some coasters while waiting for Disney.

No kidding!

I was giddy on Friday at first, thinking it would just be a few hours after the press conference before Sacramento released solid information and specifics about how and when our theme parks can reopen.

But then.... silence from Sacramento. Now it's Monday and still... nothing.

There's no information available from the State of California on how these Refreshed rules work, or even what they are. Just a few very vague bullet points updated on a 7 month old PDF slide. And the new bullet points only open up more questions.

That's not a good sign. :oops:

Californian Elitist

I was referring to those two posts above; you and castleparker laughing about that bartender in Butte. (Billings?)

No, I'm staying. I'm retired and I have my lovely home and comfy life here. And when it gets too hot in OC I retreat down to La Jolla for August and September.

But young people? Kids just starting their marriages and families? Small business owners fighting against the mandates and disdain from Sacramento? Big companies realizing how much they pay in taxes and how little respect they get for it?

So as a Californian, especially during Covid, I would be very careful about making fun of other states. The hard data and facts about how other states are currently doing just don't support the laughter here.
There you go, I was absolutely making fun of that poster. We both were. I said nothing about Montana the state.

Of course you’re staying.

TP2000

There you go, was absolutely making fun of that poster. We both were. I said nothing about Montana the state.

Of course you’re staying.

I've already lived in almost two dozen other states. There are only five states I have never been to, and only one of those holds any interest in visiting (Tennessee). I made my tiny fortune decades ago and have my comfy life here. I'm a happily childless bachelor who doesn't have to worry about leaving any money to any spouse or children; I get to spend it all myself and leave the spare change to a local animal shelter after I kick the bucket! What a way to live! :D

But a young person trying to start a life, raise kids, buy a first home, open a small business, make a career for themselves that is not in government or academia? Most of them wouldn't stay if they have a choice or the means to leave.

Last edited:

George Lucas on a Bench

I'm stuck in California for work right now, which there's no shortage of and the money is quite good. But as soon as I can transfer somewhere else, I intend to leave. The high taxes, the insane over-population including Bums everywhere, tent cities (I don't even like visiting family in LA County due to the disgusting sight of Bum Tent Cities) escalated crime rate, ridiculous over-regulation and out of touch politicians trying to phase out gas cars and other such bizarro ideas that only the wealthy and pretentious go for. It's just too much nuttiness.

Californian Elitist

I've already lived in almost two dozen other states. There are only five states I have never been to, and only one of those holds any interest in visiting (Tennessee). I made my tiny fortune decades ago and have my comfy life here. I'm a happily childless bachelor who doesn't have to worry about leaving any money to any spouse or children; I get to spend it all myself and leave the spare change to a local animal shelter after I kick the bucket! What a way to live! :D

But a young person trying to start a life, raise kids, buy a first home, open a small business, make a career for themselves that is not in government or academia? Most of them wouldn't stay if they have a choice or the means to leave.
Okay, that’s great. I’m planning on leaving the country as soon as I get the chance. But I’m also not spending a good portion of my time in this forum talking about everything I dislike about the United States.

You’re welcome to your opinion, but to be perfectly honest, the incessant complaining is irritating.

George Lucas on a Bench

Speaking of E.T., I recently ordered this scented candle, which is supposed to smell like the E.T. ride. It kinda does! Very charming!

20210308_172203.jpg

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Who’s making fun of Montana??

If it’s that much better, I assume you’re making plans to move?? I’m not concerned about states I don’t live in. I’m concerned about the one I currently live in. Go to Montana if you want. If it’ll help you stop with the false comparisons, constant complaining about California and Newsom, and weird claims that people are “laughing” at us, I’d gladly welcome it. If it’ll make you happier as a person, I’d welcome it.

If it’s so bad here, start looking into moving and relocating somewhere you actually enjoy.
I love making fun of Montana.

castleparker

I am not backtracking on anything, it was you who brought up this data right? I was not making fun of the data TP. The data of Montana vs California was not my point. But you brought it up and I have to dispel any wrong notions you have again... But as far as vaccinations go we are ramping up and are not finished yet, and we have a lot more people so I'll reserve judgment for that when it is all said and done.
Backtracking a bit on making fun of the state of Montana, eh? 🧐

I used the New Zealand analogy only because they are a remote island that cut themselves off from the world; borders closed to all foreigners, Air New Zealand flights suspended indefinitely, ocean ports closed and tightly monitored for cargo, etc..

None of the 50 states has an option to do that. Heck, the USA can't do that either. We are not going to become East Berlin like New Zealand has tried to do. Thankfully, our Constitution prevents any state from closing off its borders to another state.

As for population density, how does a very spread out state like Montana get such a higher rate and more efficient use of Covid vaccinations compared to California with all our money and big government and tech industry? You want to find a way to make fun of Montana for this hard data instead?...

State Vaccination Rates as of March 8th
Montana = 83.1% Vaccine Supply Used, 32 Doses Per 100 People, 11.4% Population Fully Vaccinated
California = 77.8% Vaccine Supply Used, 27 Doses Per 100 People, 8.6% Population Fully Vaccinated

Last edited:

TP2000

You’re welcome to your opinion, but to be perfectly honest, the incessant complaining is irritating.

Once Sacramento stops telling TDA when and how they can operate the Haunted Mansion, the complaining stops.

It could have stopped eight months ago if Governor Newsom had done what Governor DeSantis did in Florida with Disney World.

But it didn't. That's not our fault, it's Governor Newsom's fault. Until then, let the complaining (and plenty of chatting along with it) continue as we continue to discuss the fact that Disneyland is still closed on this forum dedicated to Disneyland. :)

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Once Sacramento stops telling TDA when and how they can operate the Haunted Mansion, the complaining stops.

It could have stopped eight months ago if Governor Newsom had done what Governor DeSantis did in Florida with Disney World.

But it didn't. That's not our fault, it's Governor Newsom's fault. Until then, let the complaining (and plenty of chatting along with it) continue as we continue to discuss the fact that Disneyland is still closed on this forum dedicated to Disneyland. :)
Ever notice how its never ok for you to complain or express dissatisfaction with something but when others complain about there being no cultural representation in the park that is perfectly ok for them to say it ALL THE TIME?

TP2000

I am not backtracking on anything, it was you who brought up this data right? I was not making fun of the data TP. The data of Montana vs California was not my point. But you brought it up and I have to dispel any wrong notions you have again...

I posted no wrong information. You can certainly accuse me of posting wrong information, and you can pretend that it's wrong information, because it does make California look bad. But that doesn't make it wrong.

The Covid data I provided from the CDC and the economic data provided by the Federal Reserve Bank is not wrong, it simply is the real, factual data.

Montana = 1,292 Deaths Per 1 Million, 32 Doses Per 100, 11.4% Population Fully Vaccinated, Unemployment Rate 4.4%
California = 1,375 Deaths Per 1 Million, 27 Doses Per 100, 8.6% Population Fully Vaccinated, Unemployment Rate 9.1%

But as far as vaccinations go we are ramping up and are not finished yet, and we have a lot more people so I'll reserve judgment for that when it is all said and done.

Yes, yes. Because all the other state governors were very mean back in 2020 and they hid the news from Gavin Newsom that there were vaccines coming in January, 2021. They should have told Gavin that there would be vaccines! He didn't know! It's not his fault! Meanie states like West Virginia got all the other mean states to gang up on California and hide that information! They're just jealous of our weather.

Oh, and then when Gavin found out about the vaccines, meanie West Virginia refused to help him with it!

Or something like that, so long as it absolves Sacramento from all responsibility to provide effective services to state residents.

Meanwhile, Disneyland is still closed. And we have absolutely no idea what the vague bullet point "Indoor Time Restrictions" means for Pirates of the Caribbean or Mr. Toad's Wild Ride or Midway Mania. Brilliant work, Sacramento. Brilliant work! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom