Disneyland, Universal and other California theme parks can reopen April 1 - OCR/SCNG

TP2000

But what about the bartender from Montana?? Is he still mad about our indoor dining? I don't need sleep I need answers!

That bartender in Butte (or was it Billings?) is probably still laughing at us. Montana reopened their economy and has had indoor dining since mid 2020, and Montana beats California in every important metric on Covid; deaths, vaccine doses, and unemployment rate.

Montana = 1,292 Deaths Per 1 Million, 32 Doses Per 100, 11.4% Population Fully Vaccinated, Unemployment Rate 4.4%
California = 1,375 Deaths Per 1 Million, 27 Doses Per 100, 8.6% Population Fully Vaccinated, Unemployment Rate 9.1%

Seeing those statistics and hard data, do you really think it's wise to make fun of a state that is beating California at every important metric right now? Because there are people laughing about this, but they aren't in California, the laughter is coming from Big Sky Country.

The bartender in Butte (or Billings) might even buy everyone a round to celebrate!🍺

Last edited:

Stevek

Indoor Dining has returned here in OC, but it's all technically illegal. But no one enforces it. Only the big corporate players have to obey the rules because they have legal teams and carefully curated Twitter accounts that would be destroyed if a Karen in New York found out that an Olive Garden in Orange County was openly violating California's The Guidance.

But for the non-corporate restaurants, they can do whatever they want.

I took this picture earlier tonight. I went down the hill and across the freeway to a favorite pizza parlor for dinner. The pizza parlor will let you eat inside once you order at the counter, and next door to it was a Pho restaurant that also had people dining indoors, with full waitress service.

View attachment 537888

Oh, and see that shop next door with the barber pole and windows covered in black plastic? That's a barber shop that operates daily for customers. But by keeping their windows covered in black plastic they don't have to obey the Sacramento mandates on capacity and plexiglass panels between chairs, they can just run their barber shop as normal.

This type of open disobedience and flouting of Sacramento "mandates" is very, very common in Orange County.

And when Orange County reaches the Red Tier in a couple weeks, this type of indoor dining will actually be legal again. Except for theme parks. So the IHOP and Panera Bread and Captain Kidd's Buffet across Harbor Blvd. from Disneyland will have indoor dining, but The Blue Bayou will be closed. Catal and Naples Ristorante in Downtown Disney will be open for indoor dining, but Carthay Circle inside DCA will be closed. You can eat indoors at Splitsville, but you can not eat indoors at Flo's V8 Cafe.

In Sacramento, this all makes sense to someone. And they pretend that most small businesses are not ignoring them.
Nobody has been enforcing indoor dining here in Corona in months. Not that everyone has been providing that option nor have we been partaking in it, but a local FB page here is kept a running list of open for indoor dining establishments for those interested.

And I agree that the indoor dining at theme parks vs DTD difference has some rationale behind it...or not.

TP2000

Nobody has been enforcing indoor dining here in Corona in months. Not that everyone has been providing that option nor have we been partaking in it, but a local FB page here is kept a running list of open for indoor dining establishments for those interested.

And I agree that the indoor dining at theme parks vs DTD difference has some rationale behind it...or not.

Yes, some neighborhood ladies here have the indoor dining info available on Facebook too. And previously they had info on which beauty parlors and nail salons were open in speakeasy mode. It's a very handy way to keep track of those things.

I do worry about the long-term damage this has done to a government's authority, regardless of who is in charge in Sacramento. We've just trained an entire generation of citizens young and old that it's perfectly acceptable to disregard and ignore anything that our state government says. That's going to be a problem after the next 7.5 earthquake, or if one of the state's active volcanoes rips open with a giant eruption. Or something even worse happens.

Last edited:

TP2000

All of these non-Californians obsessed and concerned with California. LMAO.

I think their concern lies primarily with Disneyland, since Disneyland is in California.

They aren't concerned about Pea Soup Andersen's or the Nixon Library being closed, they are concerned that Disneyland is still closed and being very tightly controlled by the state of California. Which is pretty much the direct opposite of how the state of Florida is handling the operation of Disney World.

Because this is a forum about Disneyland on a website about Disney theme parks.

Californian Elitist

I think their concern lies primarily with Disneyland, since Disneyland is in California.

They aren't concerned about Pea Soup Andersen's or the Nixon Library being closed, they are concerned that Disneyland is still closed and being very tightly controlled by the state of California. Which is pretty much the direct opposite of how the state of Florida is handling the operation of Disney World.

Because this is a forum about Disneyland on a website about Disney theme parks.
No they aren’t, but okay. Haha.

TP2000

Don’t forget about their bison painting that we were supposed to be jealous about!

Just curious, have you ever been to Montana? It's incredibly gorgeous country, and the people are absolutely wonderful. The landscape artwork done in Montana by prominent painters in the 19th and early 20th centuries is stunning. I found the state museum in Helena to be very impressive.

They also kick our butt at every important Covid metric. I'm sure the bison painting was lovely, but right now I'm more jealous of this hard data that Montana has achieved with indoor dining and a reopened economy since mid 2020.

Montana = 1,292 Deaths Per 1 Million, 32 Doses Per 100, 11.4% Population Fully Vaccinated, Unemployment Rate 4.4%
California = 1,375 Deaths Per 1 Million, 27 Doses Per 100, 8.6% Population Fully Vaccinated, Unemployment Rate 9.1%

Californian Elitist

Just curious, have you ever been to Montana? It's incredibly gorgeous country, and the people are absolutely wonderful. The landscape artwork done in Montana by prominent painters in the 19th and early 20th centuries is stunning. I found the state museum in Helena to be very impressive.

They also kick our butt at every important Covid metric. I'm sure the bison painting was lovely, but right now I'm more jealous of this hard data that Montana has achieved with indoor dining and a reopened economy since mid 2020.

Montana is on my list of travel. With that being said, I don’t care about Montana painters, paintings abut bison, and where they currently stand with COVID-19.

TP2000

Back on the "Theme Parks Can Reopen April 1st" front...

How does that happen when Sacramento hasn't yet released the Refreshed Guidance???

Here on Monday after close of business in Sacramento (4pm), they still haven't released any information or instructions to theme parks. The Blueprint website and the Industry Guidance pages for California amusement parks have not been updated since last October.

So, sure, technically Knott's and Disneyland can plan to reopen on April 1st, but open what? What does "time restrictions" mean for indoor attractions, for example? Can you run Knott's Mine Train and Disneyland's Pirates with those "time restrictions"? Can you operate the two new rides in Star Wars Land that keep both employees and visitors alike indoors for up to a half hour? Can an employee work in an indoor ride like Haunted Mansion or Soarin'?

So many questions, and Sacramento hasn't provided any answers. All they did last Friday was hold a suspiciously thrown together press conference where they provided three or four very vague new bullet points and absolutely no detailed information to the theme park industry.

I can only imagine the level of frustration in the executive offices today at Universal Studios, Knott's Berry Farm, Disneyland Resort, Legoland, Sea World, etc. Especially when this link is about all the information you are getting from Sacramento right now...

Last edited:

TP2000

Montana is on my list of travel. With that being said, I don’t care about Montana painters, paintings abut bison, and where they currently stand with COVID-19.

I've been to Montana. I don't need to move there for the rest of my life, but I'd be thrilled to visit again. It's gorgeous.

But right now I'm jealous of how they are outperforming and doing nearly everything better than we are here in California. Covid deaths, Covid shots, open businesses, Unemployment rate, etc. And they've achieved all that while charging a lot less taxes, too. :oops:

I don't think any of us in California have a leg to stand on to make fun of Montana for anything right now. They are kicking our butts.

castleparker

That bartender in Butte (or was it Billings?) is probably still laughing at us. Montana reopened their economy and has had indoor dining since mid 2020, and Montana beats California in every important metric on Covid; deaths, vaccine doses, and unemployment rate.

Seeing those statistics and hard data, do you really think it's wise to make fun of a state that is beating California at every important metric right now? Because there are people laughing about this, but they aren't in California, the laughter is coming from Big Sky Country.

The bartender in Butte (or Billings) might even buy everyone a round to celebrate!🍺
If anything, these statistics show how population density really effects virus spread. Montana has a population that is nearly 1/40th of California, and their largest city having a population of around 100,000, which if I'm not mistaken, is less than a full capacity at the DL resort as a whole. Montana is also quite a large state, being the 4th largest, so these people are really spread out, making viral spread in any condition more difficult than here. So it's kind of disingenuous to compare California to Montana. Sort of like comparing the US to New Zealand, to put it in your own words. However, we have seen high density places like South Korea, limit spread with population compliance, but apples to oranges, I suppose.

Stevek

I've been to Montana. I don't need to move there for the rest of my life, but I'd be thrilled to visit again. It's gorgeous.

But right now I'm jealous of how they are outperforming and doing nearly everything better than we are here in California. Covid deaths, Covid shots, open businesses, Unemployment rate, etc. And they've achieved all that while charging a lot less taxes, too. :oops:

I don't think any of us in California have a leg to stand on to make fun of Montana for anything right now. They are kicking our butts.
I traveled through there many times on car trips with my parents and brothers. We would make our way north east to Yellowstone and then north to Glacier National park. From there, into Canada through Calgary, Banff, Lake Louise eventually ending up at Vancouver and Victoria before a trip down the CA coast. The US and Canada are filled with beautiful landscapes that more people should make an effort to see.

TP2000

If anything, these statistics show how population density really effects virus spread. Montana has a population that is nearly 1/40th of California, and their largest city having a population of around 100,000, which if I'm not mistaken, is less than a full capacity at the DL resort as a whole. Montana is also quite a large state, being the 4th largest, so these people are really spread out, making viral spread in any condition more difficult than here. So it's kind of disingenuous to compare California to Montana. Sort of like comparing the US to New Zealand, to put it in your own words. However, we have seen high density places like South Korea, limit spread with population compliance, but apples to oranges, I suppose.

Backtracking a bit on making fun of the state of Montana, eh? 🧐

I used the New Zealand analogy only because they are a remote island that cut themselves off from the world; borders closed to all foreigners, Air New Zealand flights suspended indefinitely, ocean ports closed and tightly monitored for cargo, etc..

None of the 50 states has an option to do that. Heck, the USA can't do that either. We are not going to become East Berlin like New Zealand has tried to do. Thankfully, our Constitution prevents any state from closing off its borders to another state.

As for population density, how does a very spread out state like Montana get such a higher rate and more efficient use of Covid vaccinations compared to California with all our money and big government and tech industry? You want to find a way to make fun of Montana for this hard data instead?...

State Vaccination Rates as of March 8th
Montana = 83.1% Vaccine Supply Used, 32 Doses Per 100 People, 11.4% Population Fully Vaccinated
California = 77.8% Vaccine Supply Used, 27 Doses Per 100 People, 8.6% Population Fully Vaccinated

Californian Elitist

Who’s making fun of Montana??

If it’s that much better, I assume you’re making plans to move?? I’m not concerned about states I don’t live in. I’m concerned about the one I currently live in. Go to Montana if you want. If it’ll help you stop with the false comparisons, constant complaining about California and Newsom, and weird claims that people are “laughing” at us, I’d gladly welcome it. If it’ll make you happier as a person, I’d welcome it.

If it’s so bad here, start looking into moving and relocating somewhere you actually enjoy.

milordsloth

After all the excitement of the April 1st news from Friday, I'm ready to start hearing some actual opening dates. I can't wait to make some weekend trip plans! My dream would be to have reservations for opening day at Disneyland but I don't have high hopes of being that lucky with reservations... I'm mostly hoping that Discovery Kingdom near me opens ASAP so I can at least ride some coasters while waiting for Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom