Disneyland To Open Sept. 16th?

ThreadMaster5

The Governor just announced that talks for the theme parks are still going on, and they are working on the details to reopen, and once that happens, they will be made public.
They must be getting extra "dynamic" lol. In all seriousness it is strange that there are no listed hours for the parks or downtown Disney starting on the 6th on to the 14th of October. Seems odd that it remains that way with only a few days left until the 6th

JustinSt

They must be getting extra "dynamic" lol. In all seriousness it is strange that there are no listed hours for the parks or downtown Disney starting on the 6th on to the 14th of October. Seems odd that it remains that way with only a few days left until the 6th
He did confirm that the meeting did indeed take place on Friday. Seems like they are ironing out details so all parks can consistently operate safely in the state.

el_super

Can’t see the article but I don’t understand when people say Disneyland has more places of contact for possible virus transmission. Yeah sure if you compare it to one given church, restaurant or movie theatre. But now add them up all over the state and Disneyland pales in comparison.

If it was a choice between opening restaurants for indoor dining, or Disneyland, which would you choose? If it was a choice between opening churches and Disneyland, which one is more important? It's the cumulative increase in interactions that is the concern here, not the risk to the individual person.

If you really want to compare Disneyland to a movie theater or a bar, then make the argument that Disneyland should only be open for two hours a day.

mickEblu

If it was a choice between opening restaurants for indoor dining, or Disneyland, which would you choose? If it was a choice between opening churches and Disneyland, which one is more important? It's the cumulative increase in interactions that is the concern here, not the risk to the individual person.

If you really want to compare Disneyland to a movie theater or a bar, then make the argument that Disneyland should only be open for two hours a day.

I can’t choose, I want them all!

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes
He did confirm that the meeting did indeed take place on Friday. Seems like they are ironing out details so all parks can consistently operate safely in the state.

Honestly, in hearing him speak it did seem like it wasn’t all “give up they aren’t opening”. It didn’t even seem like they hit a wall. It seems like they are finalizing plans as he said he wasn’t ready to make them public yet. I guarantee he is waiting until after Labor Day weekend on purpose, and/or until at least OC is also red. Which is the same day.

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes

I thought the same thing, honestly. I wonder when that will be updated.

mickEblu

Honestly, in hearing him speak it did seem like it wasn’t all “give up they aren’t opening”. It didn’t even seem like they hit a wall. It seems like they are finalizing plans as he said he wasn’t ready to make them public yet. I guarantee he is waiting until after Labor Day weekend on purpose, and/or until at least OC is also red. Which is the same day.

That’s good it hear. I didn’t watch so just hearing what he said without context sounds very repetitive

Gaston's gal

I'm ready to visit Disneyland at only 25% capacity.
Bring on open walkaways and my own ride vehicles.

Oh heck yeah, virus be danged......i've been ready to swoop in from the East Coast for the last month.
Still watchin' from the sidelines, still watching from a distance...

I am READY, baby.
Bring it ON !!!

👻

-
I am also waiting not patiently from the East Coast to visit DL again. Flight prices are telling me to plan my getaway so please oh please let me in!

JustinSt

Agreed, he said the guidelines are being worked on. Sounded to me that progress is being made.

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes
It’s gonna have to be soon I’d think, i mean I’m sure Disney can do daily updates but they usually do it in chunks don’t they?
Yep, usually they update that at least 3 weeks out based on what I’ve seen. It used to be in monthly increments. I’ve been keeping my eye on this if something slips, but nope. I’m curious, at the very least, are they trying to see if they should increase hours for DTD? Not sure.

Mac Tonight

The biggest question no one is asking is, once DL does re-open, will it re-open with HMH or regular HM? Surely it would have already changed over by this point in a normal year.

Mac Tonight

I would imagine they would skip HMH this year. I think there were some enhancements planned to be installed during the refurb before the shutdown.
I hope you're right. It would be a shame for them to have done such an extensive refurb, only to put up the Holiday junk and not let us enjoy it.

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes
The biggest question no one is asking is, once DL does re-open, will it re-open with HMH or regular HM? Surely it would have already changed over by this point in a normal year.

It’s a great question! If I had to guess, I would think that they might skip HMH this year. My only basis is that they delayed putting up Halloween decorations at WDW until mid/end September, even though they were well open during the time frame they usually put them up (mid-August). So DL will likely open with no Halloween decorations (unless they open VERY close to Halloween) and then add them in later. And it doesn’t make sense to open HMH without Halloween decor in the park. Also, CMs are still furloughed and they have a bunch of staff that assist with making HMH into what it is, so I don’t think it will open with it. Also, the few weeks of downtime it needs to transition to and from holiday may not be worth it this year when the parks have been closed for half a year and now APs will likely need reservations to visit and it’s not a leisurely “pop in” type thing. It would be a bummer if that ride was closed for a few weeks and that was when your reservation was.

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes
Also, if it’s any indication (and it isn’t), the app lists HM not HMH, and they’ve already started updating the app to include hand wash stations inside of the parks for when they open. I would think they may have updated that too, so we know what we are getting? The OTHER question is, will it open at all or are they still refurbing?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom