Disneyland To Open Sept. 16th?

TP2000

Yep, the same thing I've been saying for days now, OC will be going to Red on the 8th. But guess no one pays attention to me lol ;) :p

I'm sure it's just me. I've been very busy with late summer entertaining and haven't really been following along here; just been popping in to skim and chuckle. If I had been more plugged in the past week or two, I'm sure I would have registered how helpful you have been to us here! :)

Phroobar

So if it by county will Magic Mountain and Discovery Kingdom open before Knotts and Disneyland? Will Seaworld and Legoland beat them all?

TP2000

So if it by county will Magic Mountain and Discovery Kingdom open before Knotts and Disneyland? Will Seaworld and Legoland beat them all?

I could see SeaWorld and Legoland opening first here in SD County. But LA County is far behind OC in numbers. If Newsom's dynamic conversation results in theme park guidelines going by county, Universal Studios and Magic Mountain are going to be closed longer than Disneyland.

LA County's health department still hasn't got a dashboard site like OC that aligns with the new system. And last week LA County was tweeting out that regardless of what Newsom might have said, LA County barbershops and salons and businesses must still remain closed because LA County's stricter policies overrule anything Newsom said a county could do.

In short, as of last Friday, LA County's messaging was a cluster, and here at the close of business on Tuesday it hasn't been explained any more and they still have no publicly available tracking system that aligns with the new state Tiers.

In LA County's own grammatically disastrous words at the top of their website that hasn't been fixed in months... 🤣

"The new Daily COVID-19 Data Dashboard includes daily updates, data trends and graphs, and explainers about what the data is telling us LA County's response."

Last edited:

Travel Junkie

California is massive, and has 40 Million people living here. We have counties that are physically the size of many East Coast states, with millions and millions of people in each county, like LA County the size of Connecticut and with over 10 Million people.

It's just rather useless to try and govern this Covid response as a statewide blanket when our state is so huge and so diverse. The county level works well for us, even if some of our counties are three times the size of Delaware and have the population of New Jersey.

In many cases they are treating counties differently however as we have found when restrictions ease in one area, people swarm to that area and potentially bring the virus with them.

For example, let's say Orange County decides to open Disneyland and Knotts due to low case and hospitalization levels. LA County has high case numbers and very little is open. A lot of LA county residents will flood into OC and potentially spike the numbers in Orange County. That's why you see really low case numbers in Hawaii but they are still very strict about allowing visitors come in from the mainland.

For certain things we can take a local approach but in other segments such as travel destinations we need a more broad approach. In that sense we are all in this together.

TP2000

In many cases they are treating counties differently however as we have found when restrictions ease in one area, people swarm to that area and potentially bring the virus with them.

For example, let's say Orange County decides to open Disneyland and Knotts due to low case and hospitalization levels. LA County has high case numbers and very little is open. A lot of LA county residents will flood into OC and potentially spike the numbers in Orange County. That's why you see really low case numbers in Hawaii but they are still very strict about allowing visitors come in from the mainland.

For certain things we can take a local approach but in other segments such as travel destinations we need a more broad approach. In that sense we are all in this together.

Agreed. And I'm sure this week the barbers and hair salons of Orange County that all reopened indoors yesterday have been swarmed with LA residents who still aren't allowed to go to a salon because LA County overruled Newsom's Friday directive they could reopen statewide.

I have no idea what the LA County leaders are thinking on this one. As if a person living in Whittier can't jump on the freeway tomorrow morning and drive 20 minutes to Brea to get a proper haircut? As if a person in Long Beach couldn't drive 10 minutes to Westminster this evening to purchase goods/services that are still forbidden in LA County?

Similarly, if Disneyland gets to reopen but Universal Studios has to remain closed... YIKES! But it's that scenario that makes me think Newsom will approve an all-or-nothing approach to theme parks in California. Or at the very least divide them into two divisions, the handful of theme parks up in the Bay Area, and the seven theme parks in the three SoCal counties.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
In case anyone wanted more updates in terms of movement, multiple people spotted horses walking inside of Disneyland again! They were spotted both on mattercam yesterday and today at the front gate by a couple instagrammers. Great to see!
But we can't reopen Disneyland it'll be too risky for the horses.... ;)

wont-somebody-please-think-of-the-horses.jpg

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes
To add on to the point of horses being spotted, an interesting idea:

The horses were seen either being led individually or with a rider through the park. I would go so far as the guess that these horses are being adjusted for character performers and riders like they’ve been doing in WDW for socially distanced meet and greet and/ or there are character performers training on them through the park. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Maybe!

Also, on a different website, someone reported that their reservation is getting pushed and their TA said they anticipate the push for Sept 25 onward

mandelbrot

From what I hear, Downtown Disney, which I've never gone into since it reopened because there's nothing I'd want to do in there including being treated like a terrorist and harrassed by bomb-sniffing dogs, has been increasingly packed by people desperate for Disney fix.
You've heard incorrectly. There are relatively busy days but some businesses are talking about shutting down again or going to weekend-only operation. Now that nearly all restaurants are open none of them are doing well. Disney has a plan to help but it may not be enough.

mandelbrot

DLR has two plans and is making preparations for both:

Plan A: Opening the parks as soon as possible after getting government clearance.

Plan B: Waiting until next year to fully open the parks while maximizing guest satisfaction and spending. I'm being vague but you'll know it if (when) you see it. The upcoming holidays WILL be celebrated at the resort one way or another.

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes
DLR has two plans and is making preparations for both:

Plan A: Opening the parks as soon as possible after getting government clearance.

Plan B: Waiting until next year to fully open the parks while maximizing guest satisfaction and spending. I'm being vague but you'll know it if (when) you see it. The upcoming holidays WILL be celebrated at the resort one way or another.

Source? Where did you get this info from?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom