Disneyland To Open Sept. 16th?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'd like to remind everyone, if we go based on Disney's reopening plan from back in July the hotels were opening AFTER the Parks reopen, ie DL/DCA were to reopen on July 17 while Paradise Pier and GCH were to reopen on July 23rd. No reason to think it'll be different this time just yet.

So just because some reservations got cancelled (as sad as that is for the people it affected) doesn't mean the Parks still can't reopen in September. For example Blog Mickey still points to a late September reopening, which likely means just the Parks not the hotels.

Figments Friend

I am also waiting not patiently from the East Coast to visit DL again. Flight prices are telling me to plan my getaway so please oh please let me in!

Oh Disneyland.....you dragged your feet too long....

Mickey just sent me a PIN Offer via email today for a WDW Resort room discount I've been waiting a month and a half for.
I am fairly sure at this point that i am going to jump on it, as airfare to FL is still quite good.
Been watching both coasts for the past month, and whoever had the better 'deal' was going to entice me to visit.
CA is the preffered option, as it's always more affordable for me and the Parks offer a superior Guest experience in my opinion.
But Mickey's offer is a good one.....and it's just for 'me'....so.....looks like it's Florida.

With the delays of the forthcoming announcement regarding Disneyland's opening i'm not able to wait.
Too much going on at work, and my opportunity gap is closing fast....so gotta decide.

Mickey did that for me this morning.

( i still love you Disneyland, and WILL be back soon.... )

:)

-

-

Supreme Leader

I'd like to remind everyone, if we go based on Disney's reopening plan from back in July the hotels were opening AFTER the Parks reopen, ie DL/DCA were to reopen on July 17 while Paradise Pier and GCH were to reopen on July 23rd. No reason to think it'll be different this time just yet.

So just because some reservations got cancelled (as sad as that is for the people it affected) doesn't mean the Parks still can't reopen in September. For example Blog Mickey still points to a late September reopening, which likely means just the Parks not the hotels.
I'm not trying to be pessimistic or say you're wrong....but it feels like we have this discussion every month :(
The movie theater I once worked at is planning on reopening this month so who knows?

shambolicdefending

It's really fascinating watching this reopening merry-go-round from afar.

Seeing the difference in approach in Texas and Florida, versus California, it's literally like there are two entirely different planets encapsulated in our one country.

Mac Tonight

Seeing the difference in approach in Texas and Florida, versus California, it's literally like there are two entirely different planets encapsulated in our one country.
The virus out here has a more "west-coast" vibe... which just means it's more pretentious and likely to strike you at a Whole Foods. Oh, also the people that run CA are idiots... so there's that.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'm not trying to be pessimistic or say you're wrong....but it feels like we have this discussion every month :(
The movie theater I once worked at is planning on reopening this month so who knows?
I guess we'll see what happens. The 8th is going to be interesting because that is the first assessment of counties under this new color tier system. And its expected that the OC will go into the Red tier at that point. All we can do is wait.

Last edited:

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes
as an update, DL officially also changed the data of Sept 6-12 to “closed” rather than “schedule unavailable”. What’s interesting is they only did that for one week when usually they go out in 3 week increments. ALSO, the rides listed as “under refurb” in DL are also no longer listed as that when going from Sept 5 to the 6th.

Attachments

• 5A855D44-AC82-49FE-9948-033781BD47CA.png
    5A855D44-AC82-49FE-9948-033781BD47CA.png
    80.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 4DFCABCC-F4FC-44AE-9D78-3050049AD80A.png
    4DFCABCC-F4FC-44AE-9D78-3050049AD80A.png
    75 KB · Views: 58

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Adding to this, the earliest you can now make a reservation (at GC at least) is Oct 1.
As I stated before, you all over reacted to the sept 16th date due to reservations that can easily be cancelled. do not take any stock in the oct 1 date either. Disney will announce when the park will open they wont leave it to be cryptically figured out on their website.

Last edited:

oceanbreeze77

As I stated before, you all overrated to the sept 16th date due to reservations that can easily be cancelled. do not take any stock in the oct 1 date either. Disney will announce when the park will open they wont leave it to be cryptically figured out on their website.
I'm going to take it as a sign that universal Hollywood is laying off tons of people. Thats not a good sign that things will reopen in CA soon.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Yeah its almost as if they are all different geographic locations with different climates and everything depends on that plus cases reported. sooo strange since america is one big piece of land that is the exact same no matter where you go. soo odd....

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes
As I stated before, you all over reacted to the sept 16th date due to reservations that can easily be cancelled. do not take any stock in the oct 1 date either. Disney will announce when the park will open they wont leave it to be cryptically figured out on their website.
Of course not, but where is the fun in that? And I don’t think there was any over reaction; it’s not like I packed my bags and prepared my app for park reservations. It was just fun to discuss. Because based on all that we’ve seen, there is serious progress happening, and it’s just fun to speculate when that opening may be before it’s formally announced. 🤷🏻‍♀️

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Of course not, but where is the fun in that? And I don’t think there was any over reaction; it’s not like I packed my bags and prepared my app for park reservations. It was just fun to discuss. Because based on all that we’ve seen, there is serious progress happening, and it’s just fun to speculate when that opening may be before it’s formally announced. 🤷🏻‍♀️
There was a lot of over reaction to it on this thread,example the thread was made in the first place asking if it was opening on that day.

ToTBellHop

There was a lot of over reaction to it on this thread,example the thread was made in the first place asking if it was opening on that day.
The world is a freakin mess right now. Let people be excited at the prospect of even a few hours in their happy place. It’s a helluva lot better than just thinking, “will I get sick and if I do, will I die?”

Personally, I’ll take “happy” any way I can get it. I’d even happily ride the Pooh ride. I don’t think I’d make fun of the Jack-Jacks on Incredicoaster, either.

1599189717459.gif

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

The world is a freakin mess right now. Let people be excited at the prospect of even a few hours in their happy place. It’s a helluva lot better than just thinking, “will I get sick and if I do, will I die?”

Personally, I’ll take “happy” any way I can get it. I’d even happily ride the Pooh ride. I don’t think I’d make fun of the Jack-Jacks on Incredicoaster, either.

View attachment 494860
Being excited is one thing, playing detective to figure out when Disneyland may open by over reacting to a easy to cancel or push back reservation date on the website is a overreaction and deserves to be criticized

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes
Being excited is one thing, playing detective to figure out when Disneyland may open by over reacting to a easy to cancel or push back reservation date on the website is a overreaction and deserves to be criticized

I think that you and I have different ideas of what “overreacting” is, and evidently we show our fandom for the parks differently. But to each their own, and thank you for the criticism.
1599190918623.gif

BuzzedPotatoHead89

Some folks like to speculate on reopening dates, some like to mourn the loss of their favorite attraction to a new “flashier” IP, or rag on TWDC leadership, and others like to talk about Falcon ramps.

If you ask my fiancé (and presumably any other more “casual” Disney fans) we’re all a strange breed for spending this time on a Disney fan board. But I take solace in the fact it’s all a nice distraction from the present reality. To quote the de facto motto of 2020 “It is what it is.”

SuddenStorm

Some folks like to speculate on reopening dates, some like to mourn the loss of their favorite attraction to a new “flashier” IP, or rag on TWDC leadership, and others like to talk about Falcon ramps.

If you ask my fiancé (and presumably any other more “casual” Disney fans) we’re all a strange breed for spending this time on a Disney fan board. But I take solace in the fact it’s all a nice distraction from the present reality. To quote the de facto motto of 2020 “It is what it is.”

None of my friend group would tolerate discussion of Disneyland the way we talk about it here. Even my friends who I visit the park with (except @socalifornian ) and my friends who work there have little interest in in depth discussion on the parks. The forum has a place, and we're definitely all a bit special.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom