Disneyland To Open Sept. 16th?

el_super

DLR has two plans and is making preparations for both:

They've been furiously surveying guests coming into Downtown Disney, asking if they would be likely to visit the parks when they reopen. Since these surveys have been ongoing since May, I would think that something is indicating that not enough people would be willing to come initially to justify the reopening (something I suggested back in March).

The bigger problem for them, is how much of their audience is AP holders. There's no point in reopening the park, if the only ones willing to attend are the ones that don't have to spend money to come in.

el_super

In case anyone wanted to watch, Newsom is having his news conference/ update today at noon. Maybe we will see if those “dynamic conversations” took place.

I don't think the theme park discussions are going all that well actually. Initially they had pegged Theme Park reopening in the Yellow Tier, but indicated it would be indoor operations only. I assumed that the discussions were related to making sure the parks could open their indoor attractions and restaurants, but then they disappeared from the list entirely...

cmwade77

My belief is that the "dynamic conversations" means: Newsom says no, and the theme parks are on their knees begging.
Honestly, even Newsom has said he is ok with the bigger parks plans, it seems to be the smaller parks that are the issue and I would presume it is because they don't have the money to do what is being suggested, so perhaps it would be in their best interest for the larger parks to invest somehow in the smaller parks to help.

cmwade77

So overly sad how many business are being lost and lives are being destroyed completely, all in the name of "safety". No matter where you stand on if we are taking proper action or not, we should not sit by and ignore all of the side effects, yet very few are even discussing them.

ToTBellHop

Honestly, even Newsom has said he is ok with the bigger parks plans, it seems to be the smaller parks that are the issue and I would presume it is because they don't have the money to do what is being suggested, so perhaps it would be in their best interest for the larger parks to invest somehow in the smaller parks to help.
Or just don’t open them. In FL, WDW and UOR are upholding their safety protocols while dumps like Fun Spot America are over-run with maskless teenagers.

cmwade77

Or just don’t open them. In FL, WDW and UOR are upholding their safety protocols while dumps like Fun Spot America are over-run with maskless teenagers.
The problem is that the state can't and shouldn't single out any given theme park, as at what point do you say yes you can open and another can't. Is it based on size? Is it based on amount of money? In many states, parks that have little money are doing just as good as the bigger parks, in some cases better, so you can't really go off of that. I think in the end it may be that parks that don't enforce the rules will need to get shutdown, but the guidelines still have to provide the rules they have to abide by and have to be reasonably accomplishable by parks of all sizes.

JustinSt

It can be perfectly acceptable to operate the parks at 25% within the purple tier. Parks just need to establish social distance protocols on all rides vehicles and lines (just like they are doing worldwide). Disneyland can even follow the outdoor dining policy easily. Once we hit the red tier, then increase capacity and follow indoor dining procedures, and so forth as the cases get better. The fact of the matter is; if the country and businesses followed both Disney and Universal standards, we’d be better off with outcome of this virus.

mickEblu

Can’t see the article but I don’t understand when people say Disneyland has more places of contact for possible virus transmission. Yeah sure if you compare it to one given church, restaurant or movie theatre. But now add them up all over the state and Disneyland pales in comparison. Its really about what the State governments Perception of what theme parks used to be for the most part - crowded and people everywhere. With limited capacity, social distancing, masks and whatever crowd flow markers Disney puts in place I can’t see how it’s any less safe than any of these other places we re allowed to go to right now. In fact, I think it’s more safe.

lazyboy97o

Can’t see the article but I don’t understand when people say Disneyland has more places of contact for possible virus transmission. Yeah sure if you compare it to one given church, restaurant or movie theatre. But now add them up all over the state and Disneyland pales in comparison. Its really about what the State governments Perception of what theme parks used to be for the most part - crowded and people everywhere. With limited capacity, social distancing, masks and whatever crowd flow markers Disney puts in place I can’t see how it’s any less safe than any of these other places we re allowed to go to right now. In fact, I think it’s more safe.
The difference is travel. You’re bringing in more people from different places and then dispersing them back out. People don’t make a day of going to church and drive hours to get there. They don’t stay over night and spend multiple days in Walmart. Those are all generally localized activities.

mickEblu

The difference is travel. You’re bringing in more people from different places and then dispersing them back out. People don’t make a day of going to church and drive hours to get there. They don’t stay over night and spend multiple days in Walmart. Those are all generally localized activities.

But travel is a moot point if the park is no less safe than all of those other places. Also if they re not at the park then they will be somewhere else in public going about their lives.

lazyboy97o

But travel is a moot point if the park is no less safe than all of those other places. Also if they re not at the park then they will be somewhere else in public going about their lives.
No, it is not moot. You’re mixing people from different places. That’s exactly how you get spread. It’s not just about whether a place is “safe,” it’s about limiting person-to-person interactions.

mickEblu

No, it is not moot. You’re mixing people from different places. That’s exactly how you get spread. It’s not just about whether a place is “safe,” it’s about limiting person-to-person interactions.

I guess I don’t understand how Joe from Arizona, Tom from San Jose and John from SD are all that different from Ky’le from Tustin. You have sick and healthy people everywhere. Besides Disneyland is primarily a locals a park.

flutas

While true you’re thinking in total.

One person won’t travel the entire state in a day to contact all those points, but they could at DLR.

The vast majority of those places will be fine, the few who aren’t should get shut down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom