• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Disneyland To Open Sept. 16th?

truecoat

Found this online but applies for most of the people here.

DL.jpg

GimpYancIent

You do understand that the media has convinced most people the first picture is true while it actually isn't, right? Well, ok, maybe parts of California, but that is more literal than what I think you mean, as California's fires are literal wild fires.

Meanwhile in Florida.......Theme Parks may now resume normal operations with limited social distancing requirements:

Yet California still insists on theme parks being shut down.
At some point the $ will dictate it to be financially prudent to simply close / dismantle the operation in Anaheim and move it lock stock and barrel out of state. Start over, say, in the great state of Nevada or hey! the great state of Texas (a whole other country).
Just saying.

cmwade77

At some point the $ will dictate it to be financially prudent to simply close / dismantle the operation in Anaheim and move it lock stock and barrel out of state. Start over, say, in the great state of Nevada or hey! the great state of Texas (a whole other country).
Just saying.
You know I said that before and was told that could never happen, but honestly after all we have seen this year, I don't know that we can rule it out.

Stevek

They’ll never move from California. Nobody wants to move to Texas or Nevada if you live in California.
I have many friends that have done just that. While California was preferable from a weather perspective, the cost of living, traffic amongst other factors drove them from the state. Not to mention the many friends that have moved to Tennessee. My wife and I are strongly considering leaving at some point...Asheville NC and Coeur d'Alene, Idaho (where my brother lives) are options on our list.

Last edited:

Stevek

I want to know that too! Where are the cool kids hanging out now?

Of course, because we had to ask that, means we are inherently uncool. :(
This is primarily a WDW forum and I used to spend a lot of time in those parts...that alone could take up all the admin time.

MoonRakerSCM

They’ll never move from California. Nobody wants to move to Texas or Nevada if you live in California.
Friends parents and aunt/uncle retired out of the state (AZ) because they're sick of CA. Friend and husband moved to Tennessee and love it. Two other friends moved to Oregon and love it. Sister and brother in law are looking at Colorado and Texas.

My parents will be retiring to AZ (Prescott).

I visited my friends in Tennessee and it was great. The weather is bad yes... but every other aspect of life was much better (though culinary options were lacking). I would consider moving there...

People are moving from CA and will continue to do so as the state continues to unravel itself.

SplashGhost

Since most movies and shows are filmed outside California anyway, it is possible that Disney might move all or most parts of the actual Disney Studios outside California.

However, the cost to actually move Disneyland would be astronomical, and it would also be impractical. There is a slim possibility that Disney might decide to close the Disneyland Resort and open a resort in another state. However, if that happened, it would basically be a brand new resort built from the ground up that might reuse parts of the Disneyland Resort. I wouldn't expect any rides to be moved outside of flat rides and ride vehicles that could be reused.

With how few attractions Disney has put into parks built in the last 30 years, I would absolute hate for Disneyland to get replaced by a brand new Disney park.

mickEblu

Since most movies and shows are filmed outside California anyway, it is possible that Disney might move all or most parts of the actual Disney Studios outside California.

However, the cost to actually move Disneyland would be astronomical, and it would also be impractical. There is a slim possibility that Disney might decide to close the Disneyland Resort and open a resort in another state. However, if that happened, it would basically be a brand new resort built from the ground up that might reuse parts of the Disneyland Resort. I wouldn't expect any rides to be moved outside of flat rides and ride vehicles that could be reused.

With how few attractions Disney has put into parks built in the last 30 years, I would absolute hate for Disneyland to get replaced by a brand new Disney park.

Agree but even the fact we te talking about them rebuilding Disneyland in another state with spare parts from Disneyland is crazy. It’s nuts that I can even entertain the idea but this year has taught me anything is possible. With that said, the odds of this happening are less than 1% IMO.

mlayton144

Can you imagine the number of 18 wheelers to move SWGE to Texas? Maybe they could make the millennium falcon flight ready and charge $100k for the 2 hour flight to Austin?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom