Disneyland To Open Sept. 16th?

MoonRakerSCM

They’ll never move from California. Nobody wants to move to Texas or Nevada if you live in California.
Friends parents and aunt/uncle retired out of the state (AZ) because they're sick of CA. Friend and husband moved to Tennessee and love it. Two other friends moved to Oregon and love it. Sister and brother in law are looking at Colorado and Texas.

My parents will be retiring to AZ (Prescott).

I visited my friends in Tennessee and it was great. The weather is bad yes... but every other aspect of life was much better (though culinary options were lacking). I would consider moving there...

People are moving from CA and will continue to do so as the state continues to unravel itself.

SplashGhost

Since most movies and shows are filmed outside California anyway, it is possible that Disney might move all or most parts of the actual Disney Studios outside California.

However, the cost to actually move Disneyland would be astronomical, and it would also be impractical. There is a slim possibility that Disney might decide to close the Disneyland Resort and open a resort in another state. However, if that happened, it would basically be a brand new resort built from the ground up that might reuse parts of the Disneyland Resort. I wouldn't expect any rides to be moved outside of flat rides and ride vehicles that could be reused.

With how few attractions Disney has put into parks built in the last 30 years, I would absolute hate for Disneyland to get replaced by a brand new Disney park.

mickEblu

Since most movies and shows are filmed outside California anyway, it is possible that Disney might move all or most parts of the actual Disney Studios outside California.

However, the cost to actually move Disneyland would be astronomical, and it would also be impractical. There is a slim possibility that Disney might decide to close the Disneyland Resort and open a resort in another state. However, if that happened, it would basically be a brand new resort built from the ground up that might reuse parts of the Disneyland Resort. I wouldn't expect any rides to be moved outside of flat rides and ride vehicles that could be reused.

With how few attractions Disney has put into parks built in the last 30 years, I would absolute hate for Disneyland to get replaced by a brand new Disney park.

Agree but even the fact we te talking about them rebuilding Disneyland in another state with spare parts from Disneyland is crazy. It’s nuts that I can even entertain the idea but this year has taught me anything is possible. With that said, the odds of this happening are less than 1% IMO.

mlayton144

Can you imagine the number of 18 wheelers to move SWGE to Texas? Maybe they could make the millennium falcon flight ready and charge $100k for the 2 hour flight to Austin?

truecoat

There is no possibility.

truecoat

Friends parents and aunt/uncle retired out of the state (AZ) because they're sick of CA. Friend and husband moved to Tennessee and love it. Two other friends moved to Oregon and love it. Sister and brother in law are looking at Colorado and Texas.

My parents will be retiring to AZ (Prescott).

I visited my friends in Tennessee and it was great. The weather is bad yes... but every other aspect of life was much better (though culinary options were lacking). I would consider moving there...

People are moving from CA and will continue to do so as the state continues to unravel itself.

The people that have money and make the decisions won't move.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The only people that want Disney to move Disneyland to Texas are either A. Already live in Texas or near Texas, B. Are considering or already moving to Texas or near Texas, or C. Already go to Texas or near Texas for their vacations.

Lets put it this way it would be more expensive to move Disneyland to Texas than it would be to just build from scratch. So that idea is basically a non-starter. And at this point Disney has no interest in building a new domestic theme park at all, let alone one in Texas.

This is an internet troll that went viral.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Also... If Disney were to invest their money in something, it would not, at this time, be more travel/entertainment based businesses. Disney needs a little more diversification to be more pandemic-proof.

Stevek

Is there a single area of Texas that has weather that a person not from Texas could even remotely tolerate in the summer, much less want to go out of their way to experience?
I personally would never want to live there but my friends that have moved there say that is sucks but you get used to it.

MoonRakerSCM

Disneyland is not moving from California. Whatever "California has failed policies and thats why everyone is leaving" trope is just wishful political thinking and has no place here.
The original comment said was- "Nobody wants to move to Texas or Nevada if you live in California." And I responded with sources showing that is not true. That's it.

That being said on the topic tht lead in that being Disneyland could move... Nope, that's not going to happen. Disney can't and won't spend billions of dollars to abandon a park and rebuild it elsewhere.

Figments Friend

1. New Jersey = 1,823 Covid Deaths Per 1 Million New Jerseyites
2. New York = 1,706 Covid Deaths Per 1 Million New Yorkers
3. Massachusetts = 1,343 Covid Deaths Per 1 Million Massachusettsans
16. Florida = 625 Covid Deaths Per 1 Million Floridians
26. California = 385 Covid Deaths Per 1 Million Californians

Wait a minnit.....
'Massachusettsans'......??

TP, I'm surprised at you.
Surely you must recall back during your time here in drizzly New England that MA folk were known as 'Massholes'.
That's where Disney fans and CMs got the idea for calling 'annoying' Annual Passholders 'Passholes'.

As someone who has to live there, the title is considered a mark of high standing.
No kidding...
;)

By the way, currently flying into your favorite 'third world concrete prison' , Boston's Logan Airport..!

-

Darkbeer1

Ah, I always love the good ole' no one wants to live in California because it's too expensive argument. Supply and demand people... and it's not just the $1M+ houses that are flying off the market.

Looks like California will lose at least one seat in the House after the Census due to Outmigration.

Mouse Trap

Looks like California will lose at least one seat in the House after the Census due to Outmigration.

Oh I'm not arguing people are leaving, but a net loss of 40,000 is minuscule and not the "mass exodus" some claim is happening. For now there is still a trend of people willing to pay a premium to live in the state as well.

Wait a minute... higher prices and less people? Sounds like Disneyland!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom