Disneyland To Open Sept. 16th?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
While its certainly possible theme parks in California don't reopen in September. However we already knew theme parks weren't going to be able to reopen to 100% capacity. Meaning Universal wasn't going to need 100% of their employees back anyways. So even if they reopened tomorrow it almost a 100% certainty they were going to layoff some people anyways. So while sad this could just be the "purging" before things get reopened.

shambolicdefending

Yeah its almost as if they are all different geographic locations with different climates and everything depends on that plus cases reported. sooo strange since america is one big piece of land that is the exact same no matter where you go. soo odd....
Being excited is one thing, playing detective to figure out when Disneyland may open by over reacting to a easy to cancel or push back reservation date on the website is a overreaction and deserves to be criticized
You must be loads of fun in a quarantine situation.

cmwade77

I'm going to take it as a sign that universal Hollywood is laying off tons of people. Thats not a good sign that things will reopen in CA soon.
Well, Hollywood Studios is in LA County, which has been far less aggressive at trying to reopen, but based on the way they are doing thing in Florida, this makes sense, as even when they do reopen, a lot of locations will remain closed, so they won't need as many employees.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'd like to point out that the USH layoffs are not specific to just the theme parks it across all of NBCUniversal. It was also announced ahead of time during an earnings call. So it has nothing to do specifically with whether USH is reopening soon or not.

JustinSt

I'd like to point out that the USH layoffs are not specific to just the theme parks it across all of NBCUniversal. It was also announced ahead of time during an earnings call. So it has nothing to do specifically with whether USH is reopening soon or not.

I have a couple of friends on the Epic universe team that were let go this week too. It’s not opening related.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom