Disneyland To Open Sept. 16th?

el_super

For the people that are on this thread that are demanding for further closure: why are you here, on a thread discussing the speculation of Disneyland opening soon?

Some of us are waiting for actual news of the reopening. While you have, so far, done an admirable job of compiling facts pointing toward reopening, you can't dismiss the facts that point toward an extended closure. Only with both can you find the truth.

el_super

You can be cautious and not demand everyone else's freedom.

I have the freedom to vote for and promote individuals who take public health and safety seriously. Why would you try to take my freedom (and the will of the elected majority) away?

ThreadMaster5

For the people that are on this thread that are demanding for further closure: why are you here, on a thread discussing the speculation of Disneyland opening soon? You literally took something so fun—in a time that is NOT fun—and twisted it to criticize anyone hoping for a reopening soon. This is just a cyclical argument of half-truths and strong opinions now. If you want to keep Disneyland closed, I understand your perspective. And you can do your part to not go if your comfort level is different than that of someone else’s. But please let us at least have the enjoyment of discussing this.
I’m here for actual news not maybes, hopes, whispers, and things that have been happening since June. In the meantime while I wait for that, I voice my opinion just like every other soul on this forum

mickEblu

I’m here for actual news not maybes, hopes, whispers, and things that have been happening since June. In the meantime while I wait for that, I voice my opinion just like every other soul on this forum

So what news are waiting and hoping for in regards to this thread? You’ve been getting what you want since March. Disneyland is still closed. So you keep coming here to make sure the parks are still closed? Or to complain when they finally announce its opening?

Californian Elitist

For the people that are on this thread that are demanding for further closure: why are you here, on a thread discussing the speculation of Disneyland opening soon? You literally took something so fun—in a time that is NOT fun—and twisted it to criticize anyone hoping for a reopening soon. This is just a cyclical argument of half-truths and strong opinions now. If you want to keep Disneyland closed, I understand your perspective. And you can do your part to not go if your comfort level is different than that of someone else’s. But please let us at least have the enjoyment of discussing this.

Who here has been “demanding” further closure? No one is twisting anything.

We’re here because we have opinions to express, valid ones. To expect this thread to stay fun and positive the majority of the time, considering what’s causing the parks to currently stay closed, is silly. You’re welcome to ignore the posts of the demanders and read the posts that keep your spirits up.

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes

This thread was started based on the whispers and speculations of those of us looking forward for Disneyland to open. There is even a question mark in the title, signaling it is not official news, it is questioned, and is speculative. As it does not align with your intent, perhaps this is not the thread for you. Also, it seems that this thread will only lead to disappointment for you as it is inevitable the parks will open at some point.

This may serve you better than a speculation thread:

TP2000

What's your tail number? Need to track your flight in.

Oh, geez, you are relentless! Fine. It's N900ES.

I didn't want to tell you, because it's only a G550 and it's almost decade old. It's not the brand new G600 with the extended stateroom in the back that I imagine you think I'm in.

But if you do meet me on the tarmac, I expect a fresh flower lei greeting and a Mimosa.

ToTBellHop

It seems like some of you folks should consider leaving California. I mean, I know you’re all increasingly excited for the Spider-Man ride but maybe you can find a bordering state that better supports your views?

Just leave grandma and other at-risk family members in L.A. You can always FaceTime them on birthdays.

Real-talk: any non-crazies in here? You know, people who don’t follow the COVID-19 conspiracy theories and instead understand it’s very dangerous, has killed many, will kill more, and yet we can do some of the things we want (like theme parks—I live in liberal Connecticut and our amusement parks opened in June. 0.7% positivity rate for some reason still) if wearing masks while physically distancing ourselves as we await a safe vaccine that WE. WILL. G. D. GET!

No? I’m the only one? Okay then. In that case, I wish you guys still had your Tower of Terror. When Disneyland does finally reopen, “a warm welcome back to those of you who made it,” takes on new meaning.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Buying into, promoting, accepting or just tolerating the misinformation, conspiracy theories and outright bunk that has found a welcome home in the Disneyland forum is not going to help get the park open sooner. It is not going to help the economic activity of tourism and business travel return. In fact, it will do just the opposite.

Curious Constance

Trying to play off anyone that has a different opinion than you do as crazy or evil sure is a popular trend these days. Posting videos of people not wanting to wear masks because god told them not to or whatever and then acting as though that’s the norm of someone with an opposing viewpoint is exactly why I can’t stand the media anymore. All at the same time totally ignoring anyone with a valid statistical fact that puts something in question. Also, It’s possible for two people to read the exact same statistical information and have different opinions on what those numbers should mean going forward. I don’t think anyone is suggesting that Disneyland open tomorrow at full capacity with no safety measures in place. I don’t think anyone here is evil or crazy either.

Anyway, I think Newsome is supposed to have a press conference today, so maybe we will hear something new today.

Emmanuel

From what I hear, Downtown Disney, which I've never gone into since it reopened because there's nothing I'd want to do in there including being treated like a terrorist and harrassed by bomb-sniffing dogs, has been increasingly packed by people desperate for Disney fix.

Basically. Every weekend I’ve been seeing this on Twitter

7CDDE681-7C15-4195-AE77-276083F263DD.jpeg

flutas

Real-talk: any non-crazies in here? You know, people who don’t follow the COVID-19 conspiracy theories and instead understand it’s very dangerous, has killed many, will kill more, and yet we can do some of the things we want if wearing masks while physically distancing ourselves as we await a safe vaccine that WE. WILL. G. D. GET!

👆👆👆

Basically my entire stance summarized.

But it will also require strict physical distancing / mask control at the parks. Which if DTD is anything to go by may or may not happen. So many nose dicks sticking out.

ThreadMaster5

This thread was started based on the whispers and speculations of those of us looking forward for Disneyland to open. There is even a question mark in the title, signaling it is not official news, it is questioned, and is speculative. As it does not align with your intent, perhaps this is not the thread for you. Also, it seems that this thread will only lead to disappointment for you as it is inevitable the parks will open at some point.

This may serve you better than a speculation thread:
The OP stated that he/she called to cancel their res and was told not to by a cast member because the park was opening the 16th........I mean at least to me that seems like a bit more than the whispers and speculation you've been offering us. My intent is not to see it remain closed, quite the opposite actually. I'd love to see the park open but I don't believe now is the time, someone I can't remember their name asked when the park should open, I answered and everyone seemed to disagree with me, cool no worries I'm not tripping that's just my point of view. The first Key of Disney is safety so to me they should follow that and test the cast members to ensure their safety since they wanna sell the illusion of safety. Disneyland is not something that needs to be open right now its something we want to be open, there was a measles outbreak at Disneyland for crying out loud, something we've basically eradicated. Now with masks and proper social distancing we should be fine, should being the operative word. Are people going to abide by the rules? I'm not 100% sure I mean people still get away with vaping and smoking in the parks and most cast members don't bat an eye

Gottalovepluto

Almost every independent restaurant near me still has their dining room closed despite being allowed to open. There are small business owners who understand that just opening things up won't make things better or get business going again.
It’s math. How big are their dining rooms? Guessing not very. If you can’t serve enough customers indoors to make the math work you don’t open. Sure, you claim the moral high ground of the “greater good” in the meantime but behind the scenes- it’s all about the $$$.

lazyboy97o

It’s math. How big are their dining rooms? Guessing not very. If you can’t serve enough customers indoors to make the math work you don’t open. Sure, you claim the moral high ground of the “greater good” in the meantime but behind the scenes- it’s all about the $$$.
They vary in size. A number of franchised dining rooms remain closed as well while their corporate counterparts are open.

cmwade77

They vary in size. A number of franchised dining rooms remain closed as well while their corporate counterparts are open.
Exactly, it is about $, the corporate locations can afford to spend the money to open, while the franchised locations don't have the money to clean the tables constantly, buy the plexiglass, etc. that is needed. Honestly around here the second dining rooms are allowed to reopen, most sit down restaurants will jump on it because they did before and so they have everything they need to do so. The ones that didn't were fast food and that actually makes sense, because even before all of this, most fast food dining rooms were virtually empty. But this does cause an issue in that most public restrooms are now inaccessible, which is resulting in people using the streets as restrooms, which is definitely not sanitary, but what are they supposed to do when they have to go? And yes, this is indeed really happening in cities up and down California.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom