News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

el_super

Will Scary Adventures be renamed or is it just a shortcut made by the concept artist? (I lean towards the latter)

Adding the "Scary" to the name was conceded to address complaints about the skeletons and dungeon scenes being too scary for children. It was easier to rename the rise than change the content. Unless they are planning to dramatically alter the ride, and remove the dungeon, they would probably keep scary in the title.

The rides grandfather status would most likely prevent them from doing too much to change the track layout.

PiratesMansion

Pinocchio sure needs an overhaul...such an extraordinary film, the ride doesn't even come close to doing it justice. Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I think it feels cheap and underwhelming.

Yes. It's also the most book report-y of the Fantasyland rides, and the beautiful colors and artistry of the film is entirely absent. Perhaps done intentionally to convey the mood they were going for, but I feel like the other dark rides are closer to the colors and aesthetics of the films they were based on.

lazyboy97o

Step 1: Make Snow White lame

Step 2: Close lame Snow White ride ("I won't miss it" the AP said)

Step 3: Close Pinocchio

Step 4: Build Frozen ride in the space of the two closed rides
They don’t need to be that calculating. Many would praise the shuttering of both because kids don’t relate to the rides, “Disneyland is not a museum” and Fantasyland needs more “Disney” rides.

I'm sorry, Frozen actually fits the theme and style of Fantasyland.

They're going to build a Zootopia ride.
Zootopia still fits because of it’s niche fan base who have all sorts of fantasies...

Nland316

I’ve always liked the Pinocchio ride, maybe partially biased due to nostalgia for it. I think the bird cage transition is pretty clever, and I love the ending through Geppetto’s workshop. The one area they can improve I think is definitely Monstro. I hope it’s next in line with Mr. Toad’s for a refresh.

mickEblu

Pinocchio sure needs an overhaul...such an extraordinary film, the ride doesn't even come close to doing it justice. Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I think it feels cheap and underwhelming.

I like the the first two scenes (got no strings and Stromboli) and everything from Monstro on. Gepettos shop is great. But ya, the middle of the ride leaves a lot to be desired.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom