News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
They went a little overboard with the Snow White scrims.
8F87DDE0-7194-4084-9A21-006423988357.jpeg

CraftyFox

The current facade is gorgeous. It’s got a lot of visual interest with the layered massing. The details are whimsical while the other elements still keep it grounded. I hope when they talk about refurbishing the exterior it’s just repainting the stone bricks to match the castle.

mickEblu

The current facade is gorgeous. It’s got a lot of visual interest with the layered massing. The details are whimsical while the other elements still keep it grounded. I hope when they talk about refurbishing the exterior it’s just repainting the stone bricks to match the castle.

I hope you re right but the rumor is they want it to look more like Sleeping Beauty Castle next door.

Nland316

Hopefully this scrim artwork is indicative of the new facade look. While I still think it’s unnecessary, I actually like more muted stone colors. It’s reminiscent to me of earlier, original SBC color schemes.

mickEblu

Hopefully this scrim artwork is indicative of the new facade look. While I still think it’s unnecessary, I actually like more muted stone colors. It’s reminiscent to me of earlier, original SBC color schemes.

I’m honestly glad to see they re keeping the stone in any form.

SuddenStorm

I hope you re right but the rumor is they want it to look more like Sleeping Beauty Castle next door.

Yikes. Fantasyland currently strikes a perfect balance of whimsy- while also looking somewhat believable and lived in. The garish and overly bold colors of the Castle detract from this. I really hope Kim Irvine's bastardization of Disneyland's central icon doesn't spread into the rest of Fantasyland.

Slightly off topic but I wonder what the Castle paint job would have looked like had the project been given to Tom Morris or Tony Baxter, two gentleman who really seem to get what the castle is supposed to be.

lazyboy97o

Yikes. Fantasyland currently strikes a perfect balance of whimsy- while also looking somewhat believable and lived in. The garish and overly bold colors of the Castle detract from this. I really hope Kim Irvine's bastardization of Disneyland's central icon doesn't spread into the rest of Fantasyland.

Slightly off topic but I wonder what the Castle paint job would have looked like had the project been given to Tom Morris or Tony Baxter, two gentleman who really seem to get what the castle is supposed to be.
I hope she fixes the Evil Queen’s window so that it is not so centered.

JD2000

I never thought about it that way. Now I hate it!

Sharon&Susan

Concept art on the scrim shows that the sign at the entrance only calls the ride "Snow White"
1580145892485.png

Will Scary Adventures be renamed or is it just a shortcut made by the concept artist? (I lean towards the latter)

mickEblu

Concept art on the scrim shows that the sign at the entrance only calls the ride "Snow White"?

Will Scary Adventures be renamed or is it just a shortcut made by the concept artist? (I lean towards the latter)

“Scary” is as good as gone. No way they go through all this trouble and leave that in the name. It will probably be just Snow White’s Adventure or some really long new name with a colon in there somewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom