News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

mccgavin

Well, it's about 10 minutes until the current iteration of Snow White closes for good. While I am thankful that Snow White will get to stay here unlike Florida, it is sad that supposedly the attraction will be losing a lot of its identity from this remodel. I have generally been neutral on my opinion with Disney's recent park additions as I've enjoyed some such as Galaxy's Edge and underwhelmed by others like Pixar Pier.

Based on the description given by DPB it seems that they'll be removing any "scariness" from the attraction, which I feel is a bad direction for it to take. I hope that Disney can update this attraction with respect to the original vision, but I'm concerned there's many more scenarios where it would turn out poorly rather than good.

This ride means a lot to me so I hope they get it right

mickEblu

I’m bummed that I didn’t get to ride Snow White’s SCARY Adventures one last time. I tried on my last trip before Christmas but my son wouldn’t allow it. On the same trip he went on Star Tours, Haunted Mansion and Pinocchio. But as we got in line for Snow White he freaked out. Go figure.

Phroobar

For a single gal such as myself, this is perfectly fine with me.
Gotta get my thrills somehow...what better place then Fantasyland.

:cool:

-
source.gif

D.Silentu

I always enjoy a fact that was mentioned to me once: in the end the wishing apple did work, giving Snow White exactly what she wanted.

mickEblu

I do remember the section that had the old school dark ride flashing light displays. Very scary for kids.

Kids are wimps these days. In my day I walked 47 miles to get to school went to Disneyland alone at 10 years old. The latter is true. First and last time I did a solo trip though. It’s over due.

GrizzlyAdams

I went on it as young child in the 70s and was so traumatized I refused to go on it for the rest of my childhood. I don’t think I went on it again until I was in my 30s and didnt think it was too bad, but also didn’t realize they had redone it 😀

Anyways, good times, terrifying young children isn’t the worst thing you can do... keeps the lines shorter.

Phroobar

I went on it as young child in the 70s and was so traumatized I refused to go on it for the rest of my childhood. I don’t think I went on it again until I was in my 30s and didnt think it was too bad, but also didn’t realize they had redone it 😀

Anyways, good times, terrifying young children isn’t the worst thing you can do... keeps the lines shorter.
Disney's bread and butter was originally scaring children. (Snow White, Cinderella, Fantasia, Bambi, Pixar Pier)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom