Disneyland Resort in 2017: Marvel TOT retheme in DCA, Fantasmic! 2.0

BrianLo

I placed this top-side, but relevant down here. Here's what the Marvel plot actually looks like and probably the main driver behind the ToT redesign.

26030034022_0c3729606e_o.jpg

mickEblu

Ok, this I'm hopeful most people can actually agree upon.

I think most of us would agree that if they need extra room for Marvel we would all gladly give up a Bugs Land (especially Tuck and roll ) before TOT. But I guess that does nothing to solve their mission to get a Marvel attraction in the parks ASAP.

Why can't they just retheme Fliks Flyers to Ant Mans Flyers? There. DONE. There's your Marvel attraction.

mickEblu

But seriously, as much as I hate to say this....How bout an Ant Man dark ride in place of the bugs theatre that's closed for previews all the time anyway.

BrianLo

I think most of us would agree that if they need extra room for Marvel we would all gladly give up a Bugs Land (especially Tuck and roll ) before TOT. But I guess that does nothing to solve their mission to get a Marvel attraction in the parks ASAP.

Why can't they just retheme Fliks Flyers to Ant Mans Flyers? There. DONE. There's your Marvel attraction.

Because those are attractions that deserve to be torn down. The reason they are using ToT (rightly or wrongly) is because it's a very good attraction to begin with.

I think you've got the Impression people have it in for ToT. I don't think anyone feels that way. It's just ambivalence to the current execution/theme that could be better, as both DHS and TDS demonstrate respectively.

Californian Elitist

Re-theming any attraction is cheap.

Speaking of theming, a bug's land may be annoying and a waste of space, bug it's easily one of the best themed attractions in DCA, aesthetics-wise.

D

Deleted member 107043

One of DL's traditions is that it is always in a state of becoming. Don't get me wrong, I understand people's sentimental attachment to certain rides and attractions, but in my mind it's all sort of temporary. Ever since I was a kid I always assumed that at some point, either in my lifetime or in someone else's, most of the stuff at Disneyland would be updated, refreshed, changed, or replaced by something else. Given its history it's a bit confusing why people expect the place to remain exactly as it was when they first experienced it.

mickEblu

Because those are attractions that deserve to be torn down. The reason they are using ToT (rightly or wrongly) is because it's a very good attraction to begin with.

I think you've got the Impression people have it in for ToT. I don't think anyone feels that way. It's just ambivalence to the current execution/theme that could be better, as both DHS and TDS demonstrate respectively.

Agree they deserve to be torn down.

They may be better at DHS/ TDS but that doesn't mean that Marvel will make DCA's any better. In fact, i would say the odds are slim to none considering all factors. Anyway if the GOTG overlay does happen and is BETTER than Twilight Zone, I'll be the the first one to eat my words. I'm not too proud to admit I was wrong. But I HIGHLY doubt it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom