Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

mickEblu

I wanted to ask you how the mask situation was for you (and anyone else who's been there already). The forecast for my trip has fluctuated around 78-80 degrees. That's one aspect I'm not looking forward to.

Would you suggest bringing in your own bottle for water and refilling at a refilling station or drinking fountain? That's what I've done in the past. I'd bring in a bottle with a Brita filter so that I can at least tolerate the tap water. Then I would go to a quick-service restaurant and get ice from the soda machines. You think they'd not allow that now?

Leaving DTD right now. I’ll respond to this when I get home.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I just got back from a 3 day trip to both DLP and DCA (May 21,22,23) and no one in my party was ever asked for a reservation. I can't imagine I'm the only one out there with the same experience. Are they not checking them anymore? Or did they get linked to the park tickets in the background and I just didn't know it?

EDIT: Corrected spelling / grammar errors.
Your reservations are linked to your tickets. If you showed up at the gate and you didn't have a reservation, you'd be denied access when they try to scan your ticket.

mickEblu

I wanted to ask you how the mask situation was for you (and anyone else who's been there already). The forecast for my trip has fluctuated around 78-80 degrees. That's one aspect I'm not looking forward to.

Would you suggest bringing in your own bottle for water and refilling at a refilling station or drinking fountain? That's what I've done in the past. I'd bring in a bottle with a Brita filter so that I can at least tolerate the tap water. Then I would go to a quick-service restaurant and get ice from the soda machines. You think they'd not allow that now?

So are you stickler for following the rules? I would pull the mask away from my face for some fresh O2 whenever I felt like it. In fact, I would pull it under my nose off and on all day. I would just be sure to pull it up in high traffic areas, when passing a CM or when entering or exiting a building. Oh ya and before the security/ temp checks each morning. You know - the places where are eyes are on you. I was politely asked 2-3 times to put my mask on throughout the entire trip. I would apologize, put it back on and continue doing what I want to do. On rides I would pull my mask down, sometimes under my nose, sometimes all the way down. Only on Haunted Mansion (where you go backwards into the graveyard) and on Grizzly did a CM tell me to put it back on over the intercom. Which is really funny as on Grizzly you are outdoors and seated with only your own party and the nearest raft is 20 feet away.

The weather was beautiful Saturday so it wasn’t a big deal but I do love that breeze hitting my face. Sunday was a little warmer with no breeze for the majority of the day but oddly enough I think it was on my face longer as I began to get used to it. I have a halo brand mask cloth that costs $30. Its black, has a thin layer of cloth underneath another layer with little holes in it. It feels pretty breathable. Anyway, I think if it’s under 80 you should be ok. That would be my personal cut off. Any higher than that and I’m cancelling my reservations. It was around 78 or so at peak heat yesterday and it was bearable. DTD today at 90 was miserable. It was also 12 noon with no shade. Almost forgot - nobody is enforcing that “actively eating” thing. If you re sitting down somewhere nobody is bothering you if your mask is off.

Definitely bring your own water. We brought 10 of those sports cap bottles of water from Trader Joe’s and they were gone by Sunday morning. Sunday I came to find out how inconvenient it was to even grab a bottle of water at the parks right now.

Kind of crazy that I got to experience DLR on a 70 degree day, 80 degree day and a 90 degree day in one weekend.

Last edited:

Jefro

When is your trip? Mine is mid-ish August so I've got awhile and things could change a million times between now and then, but I can only imagine how frustrated I would be if I was wanting to plan for a trip that has dates presently available to make park reservations for.
Beginning of September for us, out of state. Curious if you are seeing the latest date for reservations as being the 15th of July? Seems to be stuck there. I've been too busy to read every post so far, btw, so maybe I missed something...

Thanks!

mickEblu

Pretty much got more soaked than ever on GRR which was super annoying as I came out the ride relatively unscathed. Then at the end that geyser just drenched the hell out of us. Why the hell is that feature on at 7pm at night at 70 degrees? Shouldn’t that be a hot summer day thing.

George Lucas on a Bench

I really enjoyed the Vegan Tennessee sandwich and Old Fashioned whiskey on ice (as Walt apparently preferred) from Black Tap. The sandwich was absolutely massive and ridiculous and the drink was so boozy, we ended up going back for more even after we were called to Rise Before Dawn. It's that good!

Curious Constance

Beginning of September for us, out of state. Curious if you are seeing the latest date for reservations as being the 15th of July? Seems to be stuck there. I've been too busy to read every post so far, btw, so maybe I missed something...

Thanks!
It’s up to July 23rd. Did you try toggling through the months or reloading the page?

Attachments

• 2FDE4D6C-84CD-4276-97E1-5016988E31F3.png
    2FDE4D6C-84CD-4276-97E1-5016988E31F3.png
    102 KB · Views: 50

Practical Pig

Pretty much got more soaked than ever on GRR which was super annoying as I came out the ride relatively unscathed. Then at the end that geyser just drenched the hell out of us. Why the hell is that feature on at 7pm at night at 70 degrees? Shouldn’t that be a hot summer day thing.
Yes. Yes it should. I hate getting drenched top to bottom in the cooling hours especially, and actually anytime when my reasonably trim but 60+ year old body is suddenly displayed in a transparent shirt and clingy pants. Disney has done a careless job on that front.

truecoat

Thanks!

They are staying 2 months out for reservations right now.

waltography

Dining reservations can be a life saver with the food situation at DL right now and potential really hot days. Seriously guys, if you have flexibility I wouldn’t come to DL this summer unless they get rid of the mask requirements or you happening to be coming when the weather is nice. I had trouble getting a bottle of water at times. Water. Of course YMMV and maybe the heat/ mask combo doesn’t bother you. Definitely if you are making a big trip out of this I’d wait. A local coming for the day with no kids I guess it’s not that big of deal.
Ditto dining reservations; finding places to sit at the parks becomes a struggle starting at around noon until close, and there were points where we kind of just gave up and ate our churros standing on a social distancing marker hoping that was fair game.

The mask didn't really bother me on Sunday, but perhaps it's because I didn't have Saturday's perfect weather to compare it to.

Bring your own bottle and refill at a refilling station or a quick service place that isn't too busy - I don't really know how sanitary the traditional drinking fountains are so I personally stay away from them (even pre-COVID 😂). I recommend popping in at the Stage Door Cafe for a cup of water because when I went, they weren't too busy and gave a big cup of ice water when we asked (and we didn't have mobile order then).

The masks were fine for me on an 80 degree day, but I brought a handful of cloth masks to swap throughout the day when they got sweaty. I really like the UNIQLO masks, they kept pretty cool throughout the day.

I just got back from a 3 day trip to both DLP and DCA (May 21,22,23) and no one in my party was ever asked for a reservation. I can't imagine I'm the only one out there with the same experience. Are they not checking them anymore? Or did they get linked to the park tickets in the background and I just didn't know it?

EDIT: Corrected spelling / grammar errors.
They got linked to park tickets in the background. I actually had phone problems right at the gate as we were entering and i foolishly didn't take a screenshot of our tickets on the app, but they were able to scan our reservation QR code and were able to get our tickets that way.

TP2000

Once again, the hate that Vi gets here baffles me, when we’ve done nothing but sing the praises of Disney Park-original streetmosphere characters before. I’ve yet to see a remotely valid criticism against her.

I don't know that anyone actually "hates" her. I certainly don't.

But I do laugh at her. Because she's hokey and pointless and ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Also because she was inexplicably the only character that got through Chapek's budget slashing process and made it to opening day. Her and Ky'le From Tustin when he staffed the blue milk snack bar after his classes at Fullerton Junior College (Go Hornets!).

For years WDI and Disney executives bragged how interactive and incredible Star Wars Land would be. With roaming droids, and wandering aliens, and burly bounty hunters who knew you sucked at flying the Falcon and wanted to beef at you about it, and rooftop stunt shows with Stormtroopers and Rebel Spies and acrobatic aliens flying overhead, and all sorts of interactive streetmosphere.

Instead, we got some lady no one had ever heard of and all she did was creep around in a bad wig trying to get you to talk to her.

That was a complete failure on Chapek's part. And that poor girl who has to work Vi Moradi, Presented by Clairol ColorSilk shifts in that wig every day deserves our pity. There's not hate that I know of, only pity.

2019-07-12_0178.jpg

TP2000

Don’t waste your time on Bananas Foster beignets from Jazz Kitchen express at DTD unless you’ve always wanted to know what a melted down liquified banana flavored Laffy Taffy tastes like on a super dense beignet.

Bananas Foster is something that must be prepared immediately before serving. It's tricky even when you do it that way.

I've tried it a couple of times at dinner parties when I roll a little brass cart with a chafing dish into the living room for the dessert course, but it's hard to pull off if you have more guests than can be served from one flambe pan immediately. You can do Cherries Jubilee or Crepes Suzette as a flaming dessert for six or eight, and the first few servings can sit and stew for a few minutes just fine while the other guest portions are flamed and prepared.

But Bananas Foster? It needs to be served and eaten immediately, or else the banana takes on a gummy and tacky consistency that devolves quickly into rum-soaked wallpaper paste.

bananas-foster1-e1478717952809.jpg

I'm honestly surprised that Brennan's would even attempt such a thing at that walk-up counter. They allegedly invented Bananas Foster and should know it's a dessert concept you can't dumb down or delay at a mall snack bar.

Last edited:

melmel374

We did DL on Saturday and DCA yesterday. I was happy to be back and we all had a wonderful time but I can't wait for things to be closer to normal. We did pretty much everything, including ROTR and were able to walk on Indy with the new VQ process. Even though the lines were longer and it was hot at DCA yesterday, I did appreciate the slower pace we had there.

We parked at Garden Walk on Saturday and the structure yesterday. Saturday we were in the parks by 0845 and yesterday by 0900. The walk from GW felt much closer but it was nice to leave through DTD last night and have dinner at Black Tap.

It was rough waiting in lines outside yesterday in the hot weather and not being able to eat or drink then sprinting through the nice, cold queue that had been built to the ride.

Seating was a pain. Getting food was a pain. The return times at DCA were better but once you got there it was 20 minutes or more to get the actual food.

Again, we had a great time but I am looking forward to returning after things are better. My almost 5 year old rode Splash and it was so fun to see how proud he was of being brave! His little heart was beating out of his chest on the final lift hill.

CaptinEO

So are you stickler for following the rules? I would pull the mask away from my face for some fresh O2 whenever I felt like it. In fact, I would pull it under my nose off and on all day. I would just be sure to pull it up in high traffic areas, when passing a CM or when entering or exiting a building. Oh ya and before the security/ temp checks each morning. You know - the places where are eyes are on you. I was politely asked 2-3 times to put my mask on throughout the entire trip. I would apologize, put it back on and continue doing what I want to do. On rides I would pull my mask down, sometimes under my nose, sometimes all the way down. Only on Haunted Mansion (where you go backwards into the graveyard) and on Grizzly did a CM tell me to put it back on over the intercom. Which is really funny as on Grizzly you are outdoors and seated with only your own party and the nearest raft is 20 feet away.

The weather was beautiful Saturday so it wasn’t a big deal but I do love that breeze hitting my face. Sunday was a little warmer with no breeze for the majority of the day but oddly enough I think it was on my face longer as I began to get used to it. I have a halo brand mask cloth that costs $30. Its black, has a thin layer of cloth underneath another layer with little holes in it. It feels pretty breathable. Anyway, I think if it’s under 80 you should be ok. That would be my personal cut off. Any higher than that and I’m cancelling my reservations. It was around 78 or so at peak heat yesterday and it was bearable. DTD today at 90 was miserable. It was also 12 noon with no shade. Almost forgot - nobody is enforcing that “actively eating” thing. If you re sitting down somewhere nobody is bothering you if your mask is off.

Definitely bring your own water. We brought 10 of those sports cap bottles of water from Trader Joe’s and they were gone by Sunday morning. Sunday I came to find out how inconvenient it was to even grab a bottle of water at the parks right now.

Kind of crazy that I got to experience DLR on a 70 degree day, 80 degree day and a 90 degree day in one weekend.
Hahaha so you're the guy! On saturday when we were on mansion they interrupted the audio to ask someone to put on their mask!

Didn't know you were the trouble maker!

mickEblu

Hahaha so you're the guy! On saturday when we were on mansion they interrupted the audio to ask someone to put on their mask!

Didn't know you were the trouble maker!

Lol sorry. I put it on right away. But that didn’t happen to me on Saturday. It happened on Sunday. There must be a few of us. Lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom