Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

Curious Constance

MiceChat is thinking that masks will still be required outdoors at Disneyland (since it's considered a "mega event") after June 15th.

"Masks – Required. This one is a little bit complicated. While most sectors of the economy will NOT require vaccinated individuals to wear a mask outdoors (including shopping districts such as Downtown Disney), they will still be required indoors in crowded places. However, it does appear that “Mega Events” such as Disneyland WILL need to continue requiring masks both indoors and outdoors. We are waiting to see how Disneyland will implement this one. While they could probably get away with not requiring masks outdoors at Downtown Disney, it might be easier to explain and get guest compliance if they simply have a single rule for the entire resort. "

MiceChat is thinking that masks will still be required outdoors at Disneyland (since it's considered a "mega event") after June 15th.

"Masks – Required. This one is a little bit complicated. While most sectors of the economy will NOT require vaccinated individuals to wear a mask outdoors (including shopping districts such as Downtown Disney), they will still be required indoors in crowded places. However, it does appear that “Mega Events” such as Disneyland WILL need to continue requiring masks both indoors and outdoors. We are waiting to see how Disneyland will implement this one. While they could probably get away with not requiring masks outdoors at Downtown Disney, it might be easier to explain and get guest compliance if they simply have a single rule for the entire resort. "

But Disneyland doesn't qualify as an indoor mega event so in that situation it's a bit different? Correct me if I'm wrong but there's no indoor event taking place with 5k people in it there to qualify it as an indoor one?

Mice Chat's update was super confusing and all over the place.

Curious Constance

But Disneyland doesn't qualify as an indoor mega event so in that situation it's a bit different? Correct me if I'm wrong but there's no indoor event taking place with 5k people in it there to qualify it as an indoor one?

Mice Chat's update was super confusing and all over the place.
I have no idea on the specifics, I just hope they find a way to not require masks outside. It makes no sense to me to continue the need for masks outside at this point.

I've found at least two errors in MiceChat's update. They got the new Disneyland hours as of July 2nd wrong. They are saying they are 9am-10pm, but it's 8am-10pm. And they had one of the tier capacity percentages wrong towards the beginning of the article. haha

ToTBellHop

I have no idea on the specifics, I just hope they find a way to not require masks outside. It makes no sense to me to continue the need for masks outside at this point.

I've found at least two errors in MiceChat's update. They got the new Disneyland hours as of July 2nd wrong. They are saying they are 9am-10pm, but it's 8am-10pm. And they had one of the tier capacity percentages wrong towards the beginning of the article. haha
They were also incorrect in stating vaccination status would be required. It very clearly says vaccine/test attestation or mask recommended. No one needs to verify the vaccine or test (even for indoor Mega Events), so Disney will either say “masks everywhere for everyone” or put an attestation when you book your reservation and say “masks indoors for everyone; outdoors unless you attest that you have the vaccine or were tested,” which everyone would attest to and wouldn’t be checked anyway.

You’ll certainly need a mask inside. They won’t be more lax than WDW. I suspect they are in talks with Knotts and Universal to align mask guidance.

Mask guidance can be announced the night before a change, but they should put out a statement for out-of-state.

Curious Constance

Seriously! I'm hoping they speak up soon. The confusion and unconfirmed speculations are all over the place. Maybe this week they will?
When is your trip? Mine is mid-ish August so I've got awhile and things could change a million times between now and then, but I can only imagine how frustrated I would be if I was wanting to plan for a trip that has dates presently available to make park reservations for.

mickEblu

great to hear that @mickEblu and @waltography had great visits despite the increased capacity. Makes me even more optimistic for my visit on 6/12

We had a good time yesterday. Not as great as Saturday. Yesterday felt a little hot at times and we were still recovering from Saturday. After so many Disneyland trips, there’s just always a few the stand out. Saturday was one of those. Sometimes there is just a perfect ebb and flow to the day where everything just seems to work out right. The weather, the order of the rides/ lands, the timing of the breaks etc. Not that anything went particularly wrong yesterday but Saturday was perfect. Saturday we spent a lot more time at the West side of the park and seemed to traverse the park in a way where we avoided as many crowds as possible. Sunday we got off to a later start at hot concrete wasteland Tomorrowland and spent a lot of time in Fantasyland which felt crowded.

Anyway, I think you should definitely go the 12th. Unless of course they announced masks are going away outdoors on 6/15. Even then they weren’t a huge deal but I wasn’t necessarily following the rules and it was 70 / 77 degrees.

Last edited:

Stevek

We had a good time yesterday. Not as great as Saturday. Yesterday felt a little hot at times and we were still recovering from Saturday. After so many Disneyland trips, there’s just always a few the stand out. Saturday was one of those. Sometimes there is just a perfect ebb and flow to the day where everything just seems to work out right. The weather, the order of the rides/ lands, the timing of the breaks etc. Not that anything went particularly wrong yesterday but Saturday was perfect. Saturday we spent a lot more time at the West side of the park and seemed to tour the park in a way where we never avoided as many crowds as possible. Sunday we started a hot concrete wasteland Tomorrowland and spent a lot of time in Fantasyland which felt crowded.

Anyway, I think you should definitely go the 12th. Unless of course they announced masks are going away outdoors on 6/15. Even then they weren’t a huge deal but I wasn’t necessarily following the rules and it was 70 / 75 degrees.
Thanks for the info. Not bothered by the mask thing at all. At least you aren't going today...it's supposed to be 90 in Anaheim.

mickEblu

Final ride count yesterday (taking our sweet time)

Star Tours
Space Mountain
Space Mountain (child switch)
Casey Jr
Alice in Wonderland
Mr. Toad
Small World
Haunted Mansion
Soarin
Grizzly River Run
Mission Breakout
Thunder Mountain
ROTR

I honestly don’t think the park hoppers were necessary for this trip. In hindsight I would have rather done one park per day. DCA doesn’t have the ride capacity to handle the way they are loading the rides. All the E ticket lines get long there pretty fast. The park hoppers work best when you are just cherry picking a few rides at DCA with fast pass/ max pass. Otherwise I think you are better doing one park per day until things are back to normal. There were just too many rides at DCA I was excited for my son to get on for the first time.

Last edited:

CaptinEO

I realized California Adventure wasn't worth walking to. Next trip I'm gonna leave it out.

I'll return at some point next year when shows/fireworks are back.

I did enjoy how on Rise they rush you through everything now. It's hilarious "This way recruits! go go go".

mickEblu

At DTD today. I would have been miserable in this weather at the parks. Sweat dripping around my upper lip with the mask on. I would have cancelled the last two nights of my hotel and saved my tickets for another time.

Last edited:

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I've been checking dining reservations daily for my trip on the 5th and 6th and it looks like River Belle Terrace has opened wide up for reservations not only that weekend but for any time from today on. It's not the best place to eat, but it's a guaranteed lunch reservation at a sit-down dining location if you are interested. Blue Bayou (where I'd rather dine) is still showing no availability.

mickEblu

I've been checking dining reservations daily for my trip on the 5th and 6th and it looks like River Belle Terrace has opened wide up for reservations not only that weekend but for any time from today on. It's not the best place to eat, but it's a guaranteed lunch reservation at a sit-down dining location if you are interested. Blue Bayou (where I'd rather dine) is still showing no availability.

Dining reservations can be a life saver with the food situation at DL right now and potential really hot days. Seriously guys, if you have flexibility I wouldn’t come to DL this summer unless they get rid of the mask requirements or you happening to be coming when the weather is nice. I had trouble getting a bottle of water at times. Water. Of course YMMV and maybe the heat/ mask combo doesn’t bother you. Definitely if you are making a big trip out of this I’d wait. A local coming for the day with no kids I guess it’s not that big of deal.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Dining reservations can be a life saver with the food situation at DL right now and potential really hot days. Seriously guys, if you have flexibility I wouldn’t come to DL this summer unless they get rid of the mask requirements or you happening to be coming when the weather is nice. I had trouble getting a bottle of water at times. Water. Of course YMMV and maybe the heat/ mask combo doesn’t bother you. Definitely if you are making a big trip out of this I’d wait. A local coming for the day with no kids I guess it’s not that big of deal.
I wanted to ask you how the mask situation was for you (and anyone else who's been there already). The forecast for my trip has fluctuated around 78-80 degrees. That's one aspect I'm not looking forward to.

Would you suggest bringing in your own bottle for water and refilling at a refilling station or drinking fountain? That's what I've done in the past. I'd bring in a bottle with a Brita filter so that I can at least tolerate the tap water. Then I would go to a quick-service restaurant and get ice from the soda machines. You think they'd not allow that now?

shotinfilm

Would you suggest bringing in your own bottle for water and refilling at a refilling station or drinking fountain? That's what I've done in the past. I'd bring in a bottle with a Brita filter so that I can at least tolerate the tap water. Then I would go to a quick-service restaurant and get ice from the soda machines. You think they'd not allow that now?
For certain. Finding bottled water is a little challenging in some parts of the park. But most of the water fountains, and/or hydration stations are open and working.

shotinfilm

I just got back from a 3 day trip to both DLP and DCA (May 21,22,23) and no one in my party was ever asked for a reservation. I can't imagine I'm the only one out there with the same experience. Are they not checking them anymore? Or did they get linked to the park tickets in the background and I just didn't know it?

EDIT: Corrected spelling / grammar errors.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom