Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

fctiger

Already have our WDW trip booked for December. Looking forward to a concert in October as well as getting back to hockey games around that time as well. We'll probably do a couple of car trips locally during the summer, nothing too extravagant because of the WDW trip.
I was suppose to go back to Tokyo Disneyland last year in April, first time going in over a decade. I still want to go and wasn't too hurt financially the last year. And thanks to President Biden's recent stimulus checks , it actually evened things out in a big way on the money we did lose the last few months. So yeah once these countries at least start letting in people who has been vaccinated I still want that to be my first big trip. It may not happen until later this year but fingers crossed.

As a family we had planned to go to WDW last year as well, first time taking the kids. But we decided to postpone that for awhile. But maybe something will change, especially if Japan doesn't happen maybe.

mickEblu

I guess I didn’t do too bad. My two Go to dishes at the restaurants I visit the most are both available. Shrimp n Grits @ Cafe Orleans and Fried Chicken @ Plaza Inn. Outside of that it’s mostly snacking - corndogs, Bengal BBQ skewers, pickles, Ronto wraps, Turkey legs, churros, chicken nuggets, popcorn, ice cream and things like that. I’m guessing the breakfast chimichanga ain’t happening. I mostly just snack at DCA too. I’m most upset about not being able to eat at Craftsman Grill @ the Grand.

Last edited:

waltography

Waited a few days to post an availability update, but nothing's really changed since Saturday.

Frame 27.png

Most notable changes are the last few weeks of May are finally sold out at Disneyland for 1 park per day guests, and some space has popped back up for AC opening day at Disneyland for park hopper guests. I almost feel bad for DCA with all the blue on the page. 😂

No queue in place to get tickets or reservations now.

SoCalDisneyLover

If CA Adventure can't sell out when Disney is capping capacity at 15%, it's not going to get any better when capacity increases to 25 or 35%.

The only blip for CA Adventure is after Avengers Campus opens. Once people have got their fix with this new area, and it's single ride, the park availability will be wide open again.

There is obviously not a lot of interest in those more expensive Park Hoppers. Especially with the shortened hours, most are choosing to stick with a single park, and that park is almost always Disneyland. Exposing the reality that the reason CA Adventure gets more filled up normally, is due to AP's park hopping for free.

ToTBellHop

If CA Adventure can't sell out when Disney is capping capacity at 15%, it's not going to get any better when capacity increases to 25 or 35%.

The only blip for CA Adventure is after Avengers Campus opens. Once people have got their fix with this new area, and it's single ride, the park availability will be wide open again.

There is obviously not a lot of interest in those more expensive Park Hoppers. Especially with the shortened hours, most are choosing to stick with a single park, and that park is almost always Disneyland. Exposing the reality that the reason CA Adventure gets more filled up normally, is due to AP's park hopping for free.
That and I assume people from out of state are more likely to buy a park hopper.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Thanks for sharing. Happy to see the Shrimp n Grits and Maison salad but Where the hell are the garlic fries!?
I literally shouted aloud "where are the pommes frites?!" when I read that menu. :mad:

But so few of my favorite restaurants are even reopening, and the ones that are don't have most of my preferred food choices.

Still I know it will ramp up over the coming weeks/months. They just better have the bread bowls back by fall - need my soup! :)

CaptinEO

I literally shouted aloud "where are the pommes frites?!" when I read that menu. :mad:

But so few of my favorite restaurants are even reopening, and the ones that are don't have most of my preferred food choices.

Still I know it will ramp up over the coming weeks/months. They just better have the bread bowls back by fall - need my soup! :)
Same!

Also Carthay Circle still has no filet mignon, pork chop, duck wings, or fried biscuit. Zero reason for me to go.

Do any restaraunts offer breakfast in the park? Was planning on Flos but not seeing it.

Every restaraunt I checked opens at 11. Make sure to eat before you reach the parks everyone!

Last edited:

Stevek

Before COVID you could go up to a ticket booth and add days to your ticket; not sure how it works now, and a few searches on the website turn up nothing. I might just call Guest Services to get it sorted out: (714) 781-4636.
So I heard back from them today...no "upgrade" available per se. I'd have to request a refund of my existing ticket (which would take a bit of time to hit my bank account according to them) and buy a new multi-day ticket. I do wonder if this changes in a few weeks assuming the parks open more widely at some point soon.

waltography

Same!

Also Carthay Circle still has no filet mignon, pork chop, duck wings, or fried biscuit. Zero reason for me to go.

Do any restaraunts offer breakfast in the park? Was planning on Flos but not seeing it.

Every restaraunt I checked opens at 11. Make sure to eat before you reach the parks everyone!
The only breakfast available is the Starbucks in the park... at which point just grab Starbucks on your way to Disneyland if you want it? 😂

mickEblu

Stayed at the Disneyland hotel during the past two D23s and that's basically the only time I've been on property during breakfast time. The Starbucks there is just too convenient.

Haha yea if you re a local breakfast ends way too early at DL. I was rarely at the park before Breakfast ended. Which is a shame because Disneyland is delightful in the morning before the hordes arrive.

And that Breakfast chimichanga was pretty damn good.

Mac Tonight

Haha yea if you re a local breakfast ends way too early at DL. I was rarely at the park before Breakfast ended. Which is a shame because Disneyland is delightful in the morning before the hordes arrive.

And that Breakfast chimichanga was pretty damn good.
The only other true breakfast I had on property was at Steakhouse 55 and that quite nice. Even better when someone else picks up the check ;)

mickEblu

The only other true breakfast I had on property was at Steakhouse 55 and that quite nice. Even better when someone else picks up the check ;)

Yes! Did that once and it was great! Loved dinner there even more though. Gotta get that off menu flash fried spinach to go with whatever steak you re getting

Zorro 2.0

Breakfast at the River Belle Terrace used to be pretty awesome. Having a few pancakes while watching all of the activity on the ROA could not be beat. Then they took it away. Then they brought it back but at a much inflated price point. I'm not even sure if it's even being offered anymore. My routine now is just to grab a quick breakfast sandwich at McDs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom