Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

waltography

Just hopped into the dining reservations queue and it's looking like to be a lot less competitive (current time is 17 minutes)... but I might've already gotten reservations for Cafe Orleans and Lamplight Lounge on the app due to a fluke in the system.

SoCalDisneyLover

Because of them selling parkhopper tickets disney also is most likely very cautious with capacity. There's no way they will allow a situation where park hopper ticket holders can't enter Disneyland, everyone would ask for a refund.
It's going to happen. I'm sure there's a stipulation on the Hoppers that Park Hopping is not guaranteed.

If you have a Hopper on NYE, and try to get into DL at 9:00 PM, they're going to send you away. Capacity limits rule over anything else.

There's are reason that you can still get a PH for Opening Day, starting at CA Adventure. It's because there's no guarantee whatsoever that at 1:00 you'll be able to walk across the esplanade. Does anyone honestly believe that after 4 hours at DL, people will suddenly leave to walk over to CA Adventure? Not a chance.

The most that will happen is they give a refund for the difference in price between a 1 park pass and a hopper. But we're talking about Disney, so they probably won't even do that. They'll deal with any complaints, and tell people "Capacity Limits, Sorry."

CaptinEO

Just hopped into the dining reservations queue and it's looking like to be a lot less competitive (current time is 17 minutes)... but I might've already gotten reservations for Cafe Orleans and Lamplight Lounge on the app due to a fluke in the system.
Thanks for the trick : ). It worked for me too.

What d you guys think of Alfresca Dining vs Lamplight Longue?

edit: Just read this review, sounds like Alfresca gets a big pass for me

Last edited:

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Ahhhhh.....I had a 9am meeting this morning and forgot dining opens up today. Better get on that!

mickEblu

We got some River Belle Terrace and Lamplight Lounge reservations. Probably won’t use either. Struck out on Cafe Orleans. Forgot reservations went live today and those probably got booked up in minutes. Got some Ralph Brennan’s Dinner reservations that we’ll probably use.

milordsloth

I'm glad I checked this morning. I'll be at the parks 6/7-6/9, got Lamplight Lounge, Cafe Orleans, and River Belle Terrace. I just checked again and no availability for those dates already.

I'm hoping Oga's will open by that time and I can get reservations there.

Does anyone know about droid depot reservations?

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Keep trying as things open up. Also only 2 restaurants in each park that are excepting reservations. You can always join the walk up list via the app (if open) when you are in the park
Thanks. I'll keep watching and try the walk-up list while I'm there. It's not a huge deal as I'm fine with quick service, just usually like to have one or two nice meals while there.

AJFireman

Does anyone know about droid depot reservations?
No reservations needed.
Screenshot_20210422-122256_Samsung Internet.jpg

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I want to get a saber, but probably not during a solo trip. I'll wait until I'm with family and can share the experience. However, if Droid Depot is open I'll probably pick one of those up.

Tamandua

No reservations needed. View attachment 551305
Interesting. At Disney world in February I heard them tell someone that Droid depot was completely booked and there were no walk ups.

I did savi's at Disney world too. The presentation was a little rough. I don't think they were back in the swing of things yet... Or covid restrictions just ruined it. I would wait a while on that one.

AJFireman

The reason I was curious was the Disneyland website shows this:

View attachment 551329

I couldn't find anywhere on the website or app to actually make a reservation though.
I saw that as well even the virtual queue information still shows the info from prior to the closure when they have said it will be different. I got the info from the Know before you go page . Events, Tours and Experiences section.

milordsloth

June 8 is National Best Friends Day, so I'm sure lots of best friends are going to the parks that day!

...Yeah I got nothing. No clue. It’s odd.
I am planning to be there 6/7-6/9 and seeing that made me glad I got the reservations early. I couldn't find anything of significance for that day either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom