Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

Tamandua

USH today is a test run for my Disneyland trip next month. If it goes poorly I may have to cancel my DL trip and reserve different dates for later in the year. Not sure how fair that is as the parks are run by different companies but I feel like I should get a good idea between the kids, masks, heat and plexiglass nation.
What's the longest wait time at USH?

fctiger

The amount of people clearly angered by having to purchase tickets is astounding.

If they do bring back APs I'd guarantee you we see the same people that were clamoring to bring them back complain about rides and crowding.

If a 25% capacity Disneyland with no fastpass isn't enticing, I have no idea what is.

Really? No one here seems all that bothered about it, although some clearly will miss it if it is permanent. But everyone seem pretty understanding why it's not there, at least for now.

I completely agree about your second sentence though. 🤣

fctiger

Looking at the calendar today, nothing has changed in literally the last day. You can still get DL only tickets in May and poor DCA, not a single day is sold out before Avengers Campus opens. Maybe they should've just opened that on April 30th too lol.

When things gets closer I imagine more days will sell out more of course. But I do think pricing + things not operating is keeping people away. And I think others probably just want to see or hear reports of how other people's experiences are first before they commit to going.

PiratesMansion

Looking at the calendar today, nothing has changed in literally the last day. You can still get DL only tickets in May and poor DCA, not a single day is sold out before Avengers Campus opens. Maybe they should've just opened that on April 30th too lol.

When things gets closer I imagine more days will sell out more of course. But I do think pricing + things not operating is keeping people away. And I think others probably just want to see or hear reports of how other people's experiences are first before they commit to going.
Pricing, things not operating, "wait and see" attitude and no out of staters certainly contribute, but it may also point to more hesitancy to jump back into pre-pandemic activities, especially for people who aren't vaccinated, than some of the louder "open all the things and ignore the pandemic!" people here may have imagined.

fctiger

Pricing, things not operating, "wait and see" attitude and no out of staters certainly contribute, but it may also point to more hesitancy to jump back into pre-pandemic activities, especially for people who aren't vaccinated, than some of the louder "open all the things and ignore the pandemic!" people here may have imagined.

Agreed with all. And it also proves that having DL opened when the virus was at it's height last year probably would've still taken a huge hit for the park because many people are still afraid of getting the virus. Yes we seen WDW packed, but that is still at a much lower capacity and as someone said to me here that place is still not that busy in the scheme of things; certainly when compared to normal.

And for the record I do think this is a temporary issue of course. But I don't see DL or any theme park fully normal for at least a year. Tourism is just going to take a major hit in general and many of the places that has mass tourism like theme parks are going to have a harder time filling up those parks until either more people get vaccinated or just have the money to really travel again.

AJFireman

Dining at GCH will be exclusive to hotel guests.

The private entrance to DCA will not be usable as an entrance (exit-only) due to the health screening area only being in the Esplanade.
I am surprised they did not add that to the website or parks blog regarding opening. I know some are staying there to hopefully get a jump on access to Avengers Campus. Maybe they figure surprise you cant use the DCA entrance but we already have your money

Also regarding Dining maybe thats why they did not open the restaurants if its going to be guest only.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The problem for rides like JW is if even if overall park capacity is at 25%, ride vehicles/overall capacity are also at around 25% capacity (or something close), then you’re not really cutting down “normal” wait times.

By CA regulations most seats cannot be filled.

Yup

People thinking '25% means an empty park where we can do whatever we want without waits!' are in for a reality smack down.

The park won't running at 100% either. Not in it's capacity, not in it's offers. There is less staff, less seats on rides, and rides won't be running at full bore.

ToTBellHop

Posting here since there are multiple threads. The Blueprint was indeed quietly updated to state fully vaccinated people (or tested for younger? “Tested” is written as the heading above) from out-of-state can attend all activities and events. This should include theme parks.
7E6FDC2A-AF3F-44A4-B7F5-A9F8304C25A3.jpeg

ToTBellHop

Last edited:

Magic Feather

Posting here since there are multiple threads. The Blueprint was indeed quietly updated to state fully vaccinated people (or tested for younger? “Tested” is written as the heading above) from out-of-state can attend all activities and events. This should include theme parks.
View attachment 550181
Hmm... I take it that is effective immediately? Surprised that Disney wouldn't already make that public.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom