Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

Tamandua

So I asked via Disney Chat what was happening with tickets that haMaxpass, and they responded,
“Hi, Jamie! We look forward to sharing more information about Disney MaxPass soon.”

🤷‍♀️Maybe they will reimplement it before August anyway.
At this point they probably have learned their lesson not to make firm plans based on current state rules because they change so often. They're probably guessing that restrictions will ease faster than they're currently saying and just waiting for that to become official. They don't want to say they'll refund max pass only for the state to lift all restrictions in a surprise move 4 days later.

DrAlice

Not so concerned about the menu changes because we are the nutjobs that bring a cooler chest on our Disney trip so we can eat breakfast in the hotel room and pack our own lunches. 🤣 Having said that, a couple of our go-to dinner places are closed, so we will have to figure out that aspect.

I'm looking at this trip as an adventure: "Remember when we went to Disneyland and it was all weird because of the pandemic?". :)

ToTBellHop

EE53365C-8A39-4689-BE2C-062A35E91E11.jpeg

ToTBellHop

SeaWorld San Diego is now operating as a theme park with rides, indoor and outdoor animal exhibits, and outdoor live animal presentations with physically-distanced seating. Per state COVID-19 restrictions, attendance is limited to California in-state visitors, and now out-of-state visitors will be required to show proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccine or a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of their park visit (required for guests 3 & up). Guests may also be asked to present proof of residency upon entry. Party sizes may not contain more than 3 households. To adhere to capacity guidelines, and for the health and safety of our animals, employees and guests, reservations and proper face coverings are required to enter the park.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Not so concerned about the menu changes because we are the nutjobs that bring a cooler chest on our Disney trip so we can eat breakfast in the hotel room and pack our own lunches. 🤣 Having said that, a couple of our go-to dinner places are closed, so we will have to figure out that aspect.

I'm looking at this trip as an adventure: "Remember when we went to Disneyland and it was all weird because of the pandemic?". :)
I figure if I'm spending all this money to go to Disneyland I might as well spend the money on meals there too. I usually try to do one table service meal and one quick service meal a day. Breakfast I eat at the hotel (if they offer it) or stop at McDonald's or Panera on Harbor.

SuddenStorm

Anyone getting breakfast before heading into Disneyland needs to do themselves a favor and swing by Varsity Burger, not Mcdonalds. It's right up the road from Mickey and Friends, and one of their breakfast burritos is enough for two people, or one ambitious person who wants to be full until the late afternoon at which point you get Plaza Inn fried chicken to finish you off for the day. I mean, their breakfast burrito grande is the size of a small child. And since it's outside the resort district, the prices are actually reasonable.

Emmanuel

What would it take to get things like the Castle walkthrough, monorail, submarines and Mr. Lincoln open again?

Castle Walkthrough: Until June 15th rolls in, I don't see it reopening without forcing visitors to keep moving therefore not taking in the experience.

Monorail: Could operate like the days before the Hotel station was built. Have everyone board at tomorrowland and just ride the entire loop back to Tomorrowland. Trick would be to have all windows open for ventilation and we know the current monorails history of ventilation. Or make it just hotel guest only so they can get into Disneyland quicker and out at the end of the day.

Great Moments: Could just cut the show to just the part with the Lincoln animatronic. As far as seating goes and holding people waiting for it that's another story.

I assume that things will mostly get back to normal in June and the ones that are gonna stay closed when they reopen will reopen then. Because all that Disney will need to enforce is masks and physical distancing mostly without the other restrictions in the blueprint so we'll see operations similar to WDW when they reopened.

Emmanuel

Or Disney is slow dripping out new tickets as they increase capacity.

Definitely makes sense. I think right now they're basing capacity on the Orange Tier restriction of 25% capacity. Once the county reaches yellow then they can make more available with capacity increased by 10%. People will definitely keep an eye out once the OC advances down to yellow and who knows if they'll eventually have the much speculated "Green Tier" that apparently is being worked on and if there will be one, how much capacity will be increased short of the full 100%

Darkbeer1

Definitely makes sense. I think right now they're basing capacity on the Orange Tier restriction of 25% capacity. Once the county reaches yellow then they can make more available with capacity increased by 10%. People will definitely keep an eye out once the OC advances down to yellow and who knows if they'll eventually have the much speculated "Green Tier" that apparently is being worked on and if there will be one, how much capacity will be increased short of the full 100%

>>Asked whether any of the current caps on attendance will remain after June 15, the California Department of Public Health spokesperson said they would not.

“When California fully reopens the economy, all stay-at-home orders will be lifted and the Blueprint for a Safer Economy will end,” according to the email reply from state health officials. “However, common-sense health measures such as masking will remain across the state. Testing or vaccination verification requirements will remain in relevant settings.”<<

CaptinEO

Because of them selling parkhopper tickets disney also is most likely very cautious with capacity. There's no way they will allow a situation where park hopper ticket holders can't enter Disneyland, everyone would ask for a refund.

ToTBellHop

Because of them selling parkhopper tickets disney also is most likely very cautious with capacity. There's no way they will allow a situation where park hopper ticket holders can't enter Disneyland, everyone would ask for a refund.
I would agree. I’m sure it is an effort to spread crowds. What we have seen supports the theory that, without PHs, almost everyone would just book DL and then nothing once it is full. With PH, people will book DCA and many (but not all) will move over to DL later. People will trickle out of DL throughout the day because that’s what people do. This allows them to accommodate more people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom