Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

cmwade77

It was updated within the last 3 days and Sea World just announced today free passes for SoCal and AZ teachers, so it seems they are aware.
SeaWorld had posted it as a comment on one of thier posts, but that post now seems to be deleted.

That being said, Disney hasn't announced rule changes yet, so they appear to be sticking with California residents only.for.now.

mickEblu

The problem for rides like JW is if even if overall park capacity is at 25%, ride vehicles/overall capacity are also at around 25% capacity (or something close), then you’re not really cutting down “normal” wait times.

By CA regulations most seats cannot be filled.

Yeah they did not board all seats/ rows on anything. Didn’t wait more than 30 minutes for anything thanks to a little luck and nice CMs. They let’s us skip the Harry Potter line too.

ToTBellHop

Yeah they did not board all seats/ rows on anything. Didn’t wait more than 30 minutes for anything thanks to a little luck and nice CMs. They let’s us skip the Harry Potter line too.
I’d like a word with you about some of these restrictions, Mr. Governor.

Stevek

The amount of people clearly angered by having to purchase tickets is astounding.

If they do bring back APs I'd guarantee you we see the same people that were clamoring to bring them back complain about rides and crowding.

If a 25% capacity Disneyland with no fastpass isn't enticing, I have no idea what is.
Oh No! People have to purchase tickets to do something they love...how tragic :banghead:🤦‍♂️

Texas84

Yup

People thinking '25% means an empty park where we can do whatever we want without waits!' are in for a reality smack down.

The park won't running at 100% either. Not in it's capacity, not in it's offers. There is less staff, less seats on rides, and rides won't be running at full bore.
Went to WDW in September, everything open was walk-on. Not so much in March after capacity increased.

Darkbeer1

From Mayor Harry Sidhu of Anaheim...

Anaheim is back.

Disneyland, a place of joy and inspiration for all Californians, is about to reopen after more than a year.

Fans are back in the stands cheering on Mike Trout and Shohei Ohtani at Angel Stadium of Anaheim.

The Anaheim Ducks are closing out their season with fans behind the glass at Honda Center.

And now we have a path forward for reopening the Anaheim Convention Center, host to some of California’s greatest events.

As mayor of one of the hardest hit cities in the coronavirus economic downturn, I’m happy to have hope again.

But the Anaheim comeback is no accident.

We have worked since Day One of the pandemic, alongside Orange County and California, to fight COVID-19 and to restore our economy.

Throughout this crisis, I have strongly advocated for Anaheim, which sometimes meant respectfully challenging the decisions of our state partners.

But I believe we always had the same end goal in mind: Protect our neighborhoods, especially those most impacted, get people safely back to work and beat COVID-19.

We all agree now we’re in a much different place. We’ve made great progress together.

Advancing our city and regional recovery effort is Gov. Gavin Newsom’s plan to move beyond the Blueprint for a Safer Economy and end the color-coded tier system for closures and openings.

This puts us on track to fully reopen our economy on June 15 with some common sense public health measures.

It allows for the continued, safe reopening of businesses and gives visitors confidence to return to Anaheim, as cases continue to go down and vaccines increase.

Anaheim has played a significant role in the effort to vaccinate all Californians, including in hard hit neighborhoods.

At the Anaheim Convention Center and Disneyland Resort, we are vaccinating thousands each day.

So far, 400,000 vaccines and counting have been given in our city.

In our priority ZIP code, 92805, we work with the county of Orange and trusted partners to bring shots to those who may need a little extra help getting vaccinated.

All with the goal of saving lives and moving past this pandemic.

The pandemic’s toll on Anaheim has been tragic.

Sadly, 850 Anaheim families have lost someone to COVID-19, a sobering reminder of the true cost of this virus.

While necessary, the economic impacts of coronavirus restrictions have been devastating to Anaheim’s working families and small businesses.

In 2020, Anaheim peaked at 30,000 residents out of work, surpassing what we saw during the Great Recession.

Thousands of businesses have closed, some for good.

In response, our city has provided more than $65 million in rent assistance, small-business grants and aid to families, seniors and children, in part with funding from our state partners.

But the best assistance we can provide is economic recovery. We join California in forging a path forward to put this crisis behind us for good.

Brighter days are ahead for Anaheim and all of California.

fctiger

Good luck! I get number 2 today!!

Thank you! And same to you! Yeah it's just a great feeling knowing in a few weeks time you can basically return to regular life again. Doing things we took for granted a year ago will now be things we can do. I have not seen a single friend this whole time (including some of my Disney buddies) and it will just be nice to sit inside a restaurant again and hang out with people NOT my family lol. And now doing it back at DL as well whenever I do go back.

I can't wait to just go on a plane to go somewhere again, although internationally, that's still a pipe dream in most places even if you are fully vaccinated. But it's nice I at least I have the chance to go somewhere now and not worry so much.

fctiger

Oh No! People have to purchase tickets to do something they love...how tragic :banghead:🤦‍♂️

Again where are people reading these things??? I've read the entire AP returning thread and not a single person seem upset that they don't have an AP or upset they have to pay for a full day ticket. Sure people naturally miss having one, but I don't see any anger about it. At least not here. Are people talking about other sites or something? At least here, people seem pretty reasonable about it. Even on Reddit, people seem pretty understanding there too. Maybe that will change later but at the moment, most just seem happy they can go at all.

And if you can afford $1,000 pass, then obviously you can afford to buy a full day ticket or park hoppers. Yeah can't go anytime or more often, but clearly you couldn't with the AP now anyway, literally part of the reason why they were halted in the first place.

Stevek

Thank you! And same to you! Yeah it's just a great feeling knowing in a few weeks time you can basically return to regular life again. Doing things we took for granted a year ago will now be things we can do. I have not seen a single friend this whole time (including some of my Disney buddies) and it will just be nice to sit inside a restaurant again and hang out with people NOT my family lol. And now doing it back at DL as well whenever I do go back.

I can't wait to just go on a plane to go somewhere again, although internationally, that's still a pipe dream in most places even if you are fully vaccinated. But it's nice I at least I have the chance to go somewhere now and not worry so much.
Already have our WDW trip booked for December. Looking forward to a concert in October as well as getting back to hockey games around that time as well. We'll probably do a couple of car trips locally during the summer, nothing too extravagant because of the WDW trip.

PiratesMansion

The menus are a real bummer.

Of the restaurants I frequent, Plaza Inn is the only one serving the food I would typically order.

Hopefully things will ramp up sooner rather than later. I understand why all these things are in place, but until the menus look a bit closer to normal,
Im Out Shark Tank GIF by ABC Network

mickEblu

The menus are a real bummer.

Of the restaurants I frequent, Plaza Inn is the only one serving the food I would typically order.

Hopefully things will ramp up sooner rather than later. I understand why all these things are in place, but until the menus look a bit closer to normal,
Im Out Shark Tank GIF by ABC Network

Where can I check out the Cafe Orleans menu? No shrimp and grits?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom