Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"Remember that all guests ages 3 and up will need both a valid ticket and theme park reservation for the same day and same park they want to visit, in order to be admitted into the theme parks. Theme park reservations have to be made in advance, and they’re limited and subject to availability. If you do not have an applicable theme park reservation confirmation, you will not be granted access to the theme parks.

Also, be sure you have proof of California residency with you as only California residents may visit the parks at this time. You may be asked to show such proof of residency, as necessary."

"When you arrive at the toll booths for Mickey & Friends or Pixar Pals parking structures, you will be asked if you have tickets and a theme park reservation. Because you will already have a theme park reservation, there’s no need to rush or get here early. But do allow time for a leisurely stroll along the pedestrian bridge from the parking structures, as the tram will not be operating. For your convenience, stroller, wheelchair and ECV rentals will be available at the parking structures.

To help us with physical distancing requirements, we don’t encourage early arrivals, and line ups will not be allowed prior to 6 a.m. on opening weekend, when the parking structures and security screenings will open. Note that state guidelines prohibit eating or drinking while waiting in line, so please finish your coffee in the car first. "

waltography

To help us with physical distancing requirements, we don’t encourage early arrivals, and line ups will not be allowed prior to 6 a.m. on opening weekend, when the parking structures and security screenings will open. Note that state guidelines prohibit eating or drinking while waiting in line, so please finish your coffee in the car first.
Oh god, I didn't realize how much of a habit it was for me to drink coffee in line (granted, there's lots of things I used to do at the parks that I'll realize I can't do now). That's fun.

DLR>WDW

Anyone know if Disney is planning on opening the parks earlier than 9AM this weekend, considering the parking structure at opens at 6AM?

waltography

Anyone know if Disney is planning on opening the parks earlier than 9AM this weekend, considering the parking structure at opens at 6AM?
No clue, but if I might hazard a guess I think they'll have to open early to maintain social distancing/reduce crowding at the entrance.

mickEblu

According to my weather app it'll be a lovely 90 degrees opening day. Eek. Be prepared if you are going that day.

Eagerly awaiting the announcement where masks are required indoor only. I was at USH last week in 85 degrees and it wasn’t too bad. Not ideal by any means but bearable. With that said I also had a breathable good quality mask and there was a nice breeze and USH CMs weren’t Nazi’s. Might be a lot different at DL. More walking too.

Tamandua

After 85 minutes on hold I'm definitely reminded now that Disney has a lot of kinks in their system they need to work out. Maybe opening day 2021 will be just as dramatic as opening day 1955.

jrhwdw

Magic Returns to Disneyland Resort Theme Parks with Special LIVE Moment Tonight – 8:30 p.m. PDT​

Tune in for a special moment tonight as the Disneyland Resort prepares for a historic week welcoming back theme park guests after our long closure.

Join us as we go inside the gates of Disneyland park and reawaken its unique magic that our guests and cast have dearly missed over the last year. In this heartfelt presentation, Josh D’Amaro, chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products, and Ken Potrock, president of the Disneyland Resort will share messages of optimism and gratitude to the cast members of the Disneyland Resort.

After more than a year of closure, we are pleased to provide a live glimpse of a shining symbol, reawakened: Sleeping Beauty Castle in the heart of Disneyland. It is our wish that it may represent a beacon of hope for Disney fans everywhere.

Be sure to tune in tonight at 8:30 p.m. PDT!
Anyone else wondering why so late tonight(CDT/EDT)? How long might this be?

el_super

Anyone else wondering why so late tonight(CDT/EDT)? How long might this be?

It's sort of in the description:

After more than a year of closure, we are pleased to provide a live glimpse of a shining symbol, reawakened: Sleeping Beauty Castle in the heart of Disneyland. It is our wish that it may represent a beacon of hope for Disney fans everywhere.

For the lighting package on the castle to look effective, they have to wait until after sunset.

TP2000

After 85 minutes on hold I'm definitely reminded now that Disney has a lot of kinks in their system they need to work out. Maybe opening day 2021 will be just as dramatic as opening day 1955.

Yeah... I'm going to steer clear of this place for at least the first few weeks, if not a month or more.

There's already too many warning flags waving violently for me to waste time with this re-opening. But I look forward to watching some hyperventilating bloggers on the YouTube.

Also, pray for the Cast Members. Seriously. :confused:

Tamandua

Yeah... I'm going to steer clear of this place for at least the first few weeks, if not a month or more.

There's already too many warning flags waving violently for me to waste time with this re-opening. But I look forward to watching some hyperventilating bloggers on the YouTube.

After I bought my ticket and had booking problems, I had immediate regret and started thinking about how rough the initial opening period will probably be. It would be cool to go the first day, especially since I was there the last day they were open, but I'm relieved that they agreed to refund my ticket. The good news is that after being on hold for nearly an hour and a half, they were happy to refund the ticket.

mickEblu

That Micechat article is giving me some cold feet for my trip 5/22 -5/23. Mobile order lunch at Breakfast or risk waiting a very long time for food -even counter service. 60% of ride capacity not being used on some rides? With that said, 3 weeks is a decent amount of time to work out some kinks. Also, no matter what, the park will have the same acreage and it should be pleasant to walk around with so few guests. Lastly, it’s rumored that the parks will be below even the 25% capacity allowed for the first few weeks.

I’ve never mobile ordered food at DL. Do you get it hot? Will my Plaza Inn fired chicken be hot and crispy?

Tamandua

That Micechat article is giving me some cold feet for my trip 5/22 -5/23. Mobile order lunch at Breakfast or risk waiting a very long time for food -even counter service. 60% of ride capacity not being used on some rides? With that said, 3 weeks is a decent amount of time to work out some kinks. Also, no matter what, the park will have the same acreage and it should be pleasant to walk around with so few guests. Lastly, it’s rumored that the parks will be below even the 25% capacity allowed for the first few weeks.

I’ve never mobile ordered food at DL. Do you get it hot? Will my Plaza Inn fired chicken be hot and crispy?
At Disney world in February, we didn't plan ahead for food a few of the days and figured quick service would be easy. We found out at lunch time one day that all the quick service spots were taken where we wanted to eat. Another day we were able to order roughly when we wanted to but it wasn't a very pleasant experience. It felt very chaotic and crowded. I think because they had so many food places closed, the ones that were open were packed. Social distancing is a joke at these parks. Even at limited capacity, people were constantly bumping into each other. It didn't really bother me, but don't expect a lot of free space and open restaurants. Especially when they're trying to avoid indoor queueing as much as possible, it means that everyone is crowded together outside.

TP2000

I've only done Mobile Order at the fast food places; mainly Award Weiners for that hot dog with the Cheetos on it. The trick is to check in on the App and get there before the food is done. I don't mind standing around at the Mobile Order area for a couple of minutes while the food is freshly prepared and given to me.

At Plaza Inn? Who knows? It's a buffeteria style place, so I imagine they just prep up your plate and then let it sit there until you arrive to claim it. Again, I imagine it depends on how far in advance they made your plate before you get there.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster

Magic Returns to Disneyland Resort Theme Parks with Special LIVE Moment Tonight – 8:30 p.m. PDT​

Tune in for a special moment tonight as the Disneyland Resort prepares for a historic week welcoming back theme park guests after our long closure.

Join us as we go inside the gates of Disneyland park and reawaken its unique magic that our guests and cast have dearly missed over the last year. In this heartfelt presentation, Josh D’Amaro, chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products, and Ken Potrock, president of the Disneyland Resort will share messages of optimism and gratitude to the cast members of the Disneyland Resort.

Be sure to tune in tonight at 8:30 p.m. PDT!

Here's the direct Youtube link -

waltography

I'm also going that Sunday and I'm hoping by then they've ironed out the kinks for QSRs. I got some TS reservations to guarantee at least one meal wouldn't be bad (😂), but beyond that I guess all that's left is to bring a lot of patience.

Pre-pandemic I loved the mobile order experience because it seemed like only a handful of people were using it. They don't start assembling your meal until you check in, and the wait was no more than 5-10 minutes after checking in right at the register. It seems like from how WDW's mobile order is going, you should order well in advance because pick-up time windows might run out quickly, and check in for your meal well before you get to the counter because orders are getting backed up.

Plaza Inn's never had mobile order in place before AFAIK because they had a queue to enter, but your food probably won't be stale when you get it if that's any consolation. It might just take a while before they get to your order.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom