Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

TP2000

No love for DCA...I really enjoyed it when I went, and that was 2005; they’ve added a lot since then!

I wish WDW parks had as many rides as DCA, let alone DL.

It really is an embarrassment of riches in Anaheim. The ride count at that property is vastly higher than any other Disney property.

But that's the product and concept that Westerners have come to expect when they go to the Disneyland Resort. DCA is still the inferior and noticeably weaker park compared to Disneyland, only because very few people in Anaheim are comparing DCA to Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom. We only compare DCA to Disneyland sitting 100 yards north, or perhaps do a quick comparison to Knott's Berry Farm or Universal Studios.

ToTBellHop

It really is an embarrassment of riches in Anaheim. The ride count at that property is vastly higher than any other Disney property.

But that's the product and concept that Westerners have come to expect when they go to the Disneyland Resort. DCA is still the inferior and noticeably weaker park compared to Disneyland, only because very few people in Anaheim are comparing DCA to Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom. We only compare DCA to Disneyland sitting 100 yards north, or perhaps do a quick comparison to Knott's Berry Farm or Universal Studios.
Yes. And what could ever compare to DL? It’s a gem that won’t be replicated. I think it is better to view the California property as a complete package since none of us are buying day tickets to DCA anyway. So complaining about some idiot who actually pays $120 for DCA is silly. No one here is that stupid. The two parks, together, provide excellent value and a wonderful experience. It is the stuff outside the parks where I think WDW excels, but if you are looking for jam-packed theme park days, DLR is the best. I got a 5-day park hopper for $380 and I’m pleased as punch. I’m paying probably half as much per ride as I would at WDW.

waltography

Update on all the weird availability stuff: no more slash through today's date, so I'll just assume it's Disney IT being Disney IT. But good news! More availability's opened up for opening day Disneyland if you have a park hopper.

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 3.49.24 PM.png

Tamandua

Update on all the weird availability stuff: no more slash through today's date, so I'll just assume it's Disney IT being Disney IT. But good news! More availability's opened up for opening day Disneyland if you have a park hopper.

View attachment 551591
If they would open up single park tickets to Disneyland, maybe I'd go... Just to say I was there on the last day and the first.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Video isn't working. What was it?
It was originally posted on the parks blog, but it looks like they deleted the video?

Believe it was the same as this -

waltography

A little less than a week to go, and the calendar is looking slightly different! Some more dates are finally starting to go in May, DCA opening day availability is still available, Saturdays are almost completely gone in June, and June 8 remains a fluke in an otherwise expected calendar.

Frame 27.png

If I could take a stab to explain what's happening with June 8, I realize it may be a Tier ticket thing; by then, most schools will already by out for summer, and the cheapest ticket you can get in June is a Tier 3, which entitles you to Tuesdays and Wednesdays June 8 onwards. (Technically you can get a Tier 2 ticket for June, but that's only for June 1 and 2, and some schools are bound to still be in session then, plus the fact that Avengers Campus opens a few days later).

SevenSevens

Just the boarding process - instead of boarding group distribution 1 time at park open, there's now 2 times at 7am and 12pm. The morning time doesn't require you to be at the parks to score a BG, just a reservation for the day starting at Disneyland.
Thanks! I haven't kept up, and want a chance to ride it when we go in a few weeks.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
If I could take a stab to explain what's happening with June 8, I realize it may be a Tier ticket thing; by then, most schools will already by out for summer, and the cheapest ticket you can get in June is a Tier 3, which entitles you to Tuesdays and Wednesdays June 8 onwards. (Technically you can get a Tier 2 ticket for June, but that's only for June 1 and 2, and some schools are bound to still be in session then, plus the fact that Avengers Campus opens a few days later).
I think you're overthinking this too much. It's definitely because of Kanye's birthday.

Tamandua

So I saw there was availability listed for opening day at Disneyland, so I decided to buy a ticket. I bought the ticket and then I couldn't make a reservation. After a while, I noticed that the actual dates available when booking a reservation vary from the availability calendar that you look at before buying your ticket. Even when I look at them at the same time, they're different. Right now May looks like this in the preview calendar:

Screenshot_20210426-083106_Samsung Internet.jpg

But the booking page shows this:

Screenshot_20210426-083054_Samsung Internet.jpg

The two are clearly not in sync, which can cause people to buy tickets based on false information.

Disney Analyst

Magic Returns to Disneyland Resort Theme Parks with Special LIVE Moment Tonight – 8:30 p.m. PDT​

Tune in for a special moment tonight as the Disneyland Resort prepares for a historic week welcoming back theme park guests after our long closure.

Join us as we go inside the gates of Disneyland park and reawaken its unique magic that our guests and cast have dearly missed over the last year. In this heartfelt presentation, Josh D’Amaro, chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products, and Ken Potrock, president of the Disneyland Resort will share messages of optimism and gratitude to the cast members of the Disneyland Resort.

After more than a year of closure, we are pleased to provide a live glimpse of a shining symbol, reawakened: Sleeping Beauty Castle in the heart of Disneyland. It is our wish that it may represent a beacon of hope for Disney fans everywhere.

Be sure to tune in tonight at 8:30 p.m. PDT!

DLR>WDW

Magic Returns to Disneyland Resort Theme Parks with Special LIVE Moment Tonight – 8:30 p.m. PDT​

Tune in for a special moment tonight as the Disneyland Resort prepares for a historic week welcoming back theme park guests after our long closure.

Join us as we go inside the gates of Disneyland park and reawaken its unique magic that our guests and cast have dearly missed over the last year. In this heartfelt presentation, Josh D’Amaro, chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products, and Ken Potrock, president of the Disneyland Resort will share messages of optimism and gratitude to the cast members of the Disneyland Resort.

After more than a year of closure, we are pleased to provide a live glimpse of a shining symbol, reawakened: Sleeping Beauty Castle in the heart of Disneyland. It is our wish that it may represent a beacon of hope for Disney fans everywhere.

Be sure to tune in tonight at 8:30 p.m. PDT!
It’s happening!!!!

And don’t forget, Disneyland officially begins operation for Cast Members and their invited guests tomorrow. Gonna be interesting to see how certain park ops. are handled, whether that be ROTR, length of queue lines, or how distancing is set up and enforced. Cannot wait!

waltography

So I saw there was availability listed for opening day at Disneyland, so I decided to buy a ticket. I bought the ticket and then I couldn't make a reservation. After a while, I noticed that the actual dates available when booking a reservation vary from the availability calendar that you look at before buying your ticket. Even when I look at them at the same time, they're different. Right now May looks like this in the preview calendar:

View attachment 552045

But the booking page shows this:

View attachment 552046
The two are clearly not in sync, which can cause people to buy tickets based on false information.
I wouldn't be surprised of Disney IT if it's truly just an out of sync error, but it could also just be a safeguard precisely against buying tickets based on outdated information. There might be a benchmark of tickets where if there are only a certain number left they just remove it from the reservation availability view because there's a high chance it'd disappear between buying tickets and making the reservation.

If that's true, it's probably not necessary anymore (at least, not since the opening drop rush).

Tamandua

I wouldn't be surprised of Disney IT if it's truly just an out of sync error, but it could also just be a safeguard precisely against buying tickets based on outdated information. There might be a benchmark of tickets where if there are only a certain number left they just remove it from the reservation availability view because there's a high chance it'd disappear between buying tickets and making the reservation.

If that's true, it's probably not necessary anymore (at least, not since the opening drop rush).
I've continued to view it and the availability on the booking window has remained the same while new dates pop up in the preview calendar. When I bought my ticket, April 30th was available on the preview calendar but it wasn't available to book. It's definitely misleading.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom