Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

waltography

Beat the Avengers Campus crowds?
But everyone converging on the Tuesday after when the rest of the week has all the availability in the world?

My conspiracy theory is there might've been a coordinated effort by some group (maybe a high school or company) to buy tickets on that day. I don't believe it of course, but it's a strange blip in an otherwise regular calendar.

ToTBellHop

But everyone converging on the Tuesday after when the rest of the week has all the availability in the world?

My conspiracy theory is there might've been a coordinated effort by some group (maybe a high school or company) to buy tickets on that day. I don't believe it of course, but it's a strange blip in an otherwise regular calendar.
It is. I just thought people might think the Tuesday after the big weekend might be quiet? Who knows, though. Well, Disney probably knows. If there are 10k clowns there, we will know what happened.

CaptinEO

They really need to get Marvel Land opened and operating with a notable marketing hype.

It's a shame it only has a little D Ticket dark ride, but still. DCA needs help when it has to compete directly against Disneyland like this.
I really think they have to stop the ticket prices being the same for Disneyland and California Adventure. It just doesn't make sense.

One is an iconic historical theme park full of well loved attractions. The other is a bad early 2000s theme park thats been redone 3 times instead of adding new rides.

SevenSevens

DCA is priced the way it is to sell more Park Hopper tickets. They aren't expecting people to just buy a DCA ticket. They're hoping they see the "discount" for getting admission to both parks, and get people to extend their stay another day (or at least a few more hours).

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
The only time I visit DCA is on a multi-day ticket, and the only time I spend a full day at DCA is if I'm being cheap and get 1-park per day tickets (no parkhopping). If I'm only going to be down there for one day it will always be Disneyland. I don't even get a one-day parkhopper because I would rather use all the time I can at Disneyland.

ToTBellHop

No love for DCA...I really enjoyed it when I went, and that was 2005; they’ve added a lot since then!

I wish WDW parks had as many rides as DCA, let alone DL.

SuddenStorm

DCA is priced the way it is to sell more Park Hopper tickets. They aren't expecting people to just buy a DCA ticket. They're hoping they see the "discount" for getting admission to both parks, and get people to extend their stay another day (or at least a few more hours).

Another reason DCA's tickets are the same price as Disneyland's is the brand perception- if they discount DCA's tickets it creates a perception among patrons that it's a lesser product then it's neighbor, and that's not something Disney wants.

DLR>WDW

T-minus 1 week to the reopening of Disneyland! Apparently parking structures will be opening at 6AM next weekend according to RatChat, so either expect the park to open earlier than 9AM like it has been at WDW, or to be waiting a *long* time to get in to the park in the morning.

Tamandua

T-minus 1 week to the reopening of Disneyland! Apparently parking structures will be opening at 6AM next weekend according to RatChat, so either expect the park to open earlier than 9AM like it has been at WDW, or to be waiting a *long* time to get in to the park in the morning.
They probably want to avoid rope drop crowding.

DLR>WDW

They probably want to avoid rope drop crowding.
Yeah, the new standard procedure will be opening the garage half an hour before the park, keeping people in their cars rather than crowding the esplanade. Unfortunately, this does mean there’ll be a large line to enter the structure every morning, and making it tricky to attend rope drop unless you arrive very early. Hopefully the new ROTR system reduces the incentive for some to arrive as early as they were in 2020.

Tamandua

Did Disney just open up a bunch of Disneyland capacity?
Screenshot_20210423-134506_Samsung Internet.jpg

CaptinEO

Another reason DCA's tickets are the same price as Disneyland's is the brand perception- if they discount DCA's tickets it creates a perception among patrons that it's a lesser product then it's neighbor, and that's not something Disney wants.
They can charge whatever they want, but it won't change the perception of the park. No patron is tricked into thinking DCA is just as good as Disneyland cause the cost is the same.

If that was the case both parks would be just as successful and have equal reservation availability.

Michael Eisner is long gone and they don't have to worry about insulting him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom