Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

Supreme Leader

All I'm sayin' is they better bring it Friday 'cus...
giphy.gif

Californian Elitist

I like how it brought us together for 8 minutes without arguing over stupid things like Alberta Falls and Trader Sam's new lost and found store and the changes to Splash.

Despite how short it was, I did enjoy it. Had Disneyland reopened last July like it was initially intended to, they wouldn't have done all this extra stuff. It makes the reopening more special, after more than a year of closure. Hearing the exact number of days its been closed was wild.

TP2000

Here's the direct Youtube link -

Oh.... hell. No fireworks. 🧐

I wanted to like this, I honestly did. But this was just pathetic and sad. All I got out of this was the following, in no particular order:

• Josh Damaro is reading from a script, but at least he's not the ultra-douchebag Michael Colglazier. And yet, corporate life in Burbank seems to be sucking Josh into a weird place. Anyone who can rattle off the title "Chairman Parks, Experiences and Products" as easily as he can without laughing seems to be someone who is losing their soul. Fight, Josh, fight!
  • Ken Potluck. You read those cue cards like a boss Ken! No one would ever know he's reading a script, right? He's totally all in on this theme park gig for at least two more Fiscal Quarters! Woohoo! :rolleyes:
  • The Twin Masked Ambassadors. Uh... has anyone told them that Californians over age 16 have been able to be vaccinated for weeks now? Has TDA lost so much pull that they can't even vaccinate their Ambassadors? Why the masks, boys? Are you sick? 85% of Covid deaths are over the age of 65 and morbidly obese, so why are you masked while standing outdoors? It's not a good look. Apparently the Ambassadors are carriers. Steer clear of 'em!
  • Castle's two circuit breakers in the basement are flipped back on and the lights go on. No fireworks. Is that it? Yes.
All of these things taken together don't bode well.

Who is in charge of this place? Who cares? What's the point?

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

Oh.... hell. No fireworks. 🧐

I wanted to like this, I honestly did. But this was just pathetic and sad. All I got out of this was the following, in no particular order:

• Josh Damaro is reading from a script, but at least he's not the ultra-douchebag Michael Colglazier. And yet, corporate life in Burbank seems to be sucking Josh into a weird place. Anyone who can rattle off the title "Chairman Parks, Experiences and Products" as easily as he can without laughing seems to be someone who is losing their soul. Fight, Josh, fight!
  • Ken Potluck. You read those cue cards like a boss Ken! No one would ever know he's reading a script, right? He's totally all in on this theme park gig for at least two more Fiscal Quarters! Woohoo! :rolleyes:
  • The Twin Masked Ambassadors. Uh... has anyone told them that Californians over age 16 have been able to be vaccinated for weeks now? Has TDA lost so much pull that they can't even vaccinate their Ambassadors? Why the masks, boys? Are you sick? 85% of Covid deaths are over the age of 65 and morbidly obese, so why are you masked while standing outdoors? It's not a good look. Apparently the Ambassadors are carriers. Steer clear of 'em!
  • Castle's two circuit breakers in the basement are flipped back on and the lights go on. No fireworks. Is that it? Yes.
All of these things taken together don't bode well.

Who is in charge of this place? Who cares? What's the point?

When I heard they were doing a stream- I thought it'd have a bit more production behind it. It definitely seemed 'amateurish'.

I was expecting to see them flip the lights back on Main Street. Show the Twain coming around the river. Show a glimpse of a Space Mountain rocket. Big Thunder coming out of the final lift. The Splash drop. The Ward Kimball entering Main Street Station. The Ambassadors should have taken us on a 'tour' of the park of sorts.

Then show the castle lighting back up.

Heck, they could have at least had Tinker Bell 'light up' the castle.

SuddenStorm

It's not just you. I think we all picked up on that. It was sad, and embarrassing.

It also doesn't bode well for the immediate future.

It's not exactly a direct comparison given the differences of these events, but compare the scripted speeches Josh and Ken gave with the speech Jack Lindquist gave at Marty Sklar's window ceremony.

Obviously two very different events- but I can only imagine how much more genuine that stream would have felt had Lindquist still been in charge of the place and was the one in front of the cameras.

Curious Constance

Seeing the castle lit up with the music playing and Walt speeching, was obviously special to see. I am human.
But two executives reading cue cards in two different locations and two ambassadors standing in a dark park with masks and distanced didn’t exactly give off the imagine of Disneyland being “awake” and “alive” and safe to come back to visit. Ah well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom