Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

SoCalDisneyLover

So the band is back and the BVS citizens are back (not sure why - I've never understood the point of these folks and would rather use that budget for actual Disney IP characters).

So where are the Dapper Dans???

It's not DiSNeylAnd without the DANS! :)
I think it was Fresh Baked David that said he expected them back soon, and that they were likely already practicing at home for their return.

el_super

I genuinely do not understand what is happening at the Harbor entrance? If social distancing has ceased, why are the lines so backed up?

can anyone explain the logistics to me like I’m 8?

I wasn't there so I can only offer a possible explanation: during the pandemic, they were keeping the Harbor Blvd Pedestrian gate closed until an hour prior to DTD opening. With both parks opening at 9, it would make sense that the gate was closed until 8, and if this was taken before 8, that people started to line up along the road/sidewalk until Disney opened the gate.

As for why the gates are just constantly backed up on that side, there is a lot of pedestrian traffic and hotel shuttle traffic and not enough physical space to run as many bag check tents as they do at Mickey and Friends.

CaptinEO

I genuinely do not understand what is happening at the Harbor entrance? If social distancing has ceased, why are the lines so backed up?

can anyone explain the logistics to me like I’m 8?
Disney continually likes to test the boundaries of what cuts they can make to see what guests will accept.

el_super

I'm comparing relative to what it looked like at 7:50 ever day before. Granted, they have moved people into DTD now.

Was it bad over multiple days in the last week? I had thought yesterday was just an anomoly. For a regular weekday morning, opening at 9 AM, that line at 7:50 seems pretty normal.

DLR>WDW

Was it bad over multiple days in the last week? I had thought yesterday was just an anomoly. For a regular weekday morning, opening at 9 AM, that line at 7:50 seems pretty normal.
Yeah, it’s been pretty bad over the past few weeks. @Stevek was there last week and said this was the line at 7:30:
1623861963959.png

Glad that they adjusted operations today, but makes sense as the Toy Story lot opens in a couple days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom