Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

SuddenStorm

The one firework show they decide to bring back is Mix Magic?

Mix Magic functioned as their "B" show when the normal fireworks couldn't show due to weather, since it's designed to be shown with projections only if needed. I bet that also makes it far cheaper to run since it doesn't rely on pyrotechnics.

I imagine this factored heavily into their decision to bring it back over Remember Dreams Come True, Disneyland Forever, or good ole' fasioned Fantasy in the Sky.

SoCalDisneyLover

Absolutely the worst. They could have at least brought back Disneyland Forever without the projections.

Mix Magic is garbage and not the type of show to bring back after a long hiatus.
Disney manages to consistently under-impress. But since it has a cult following, and demand for amusement parks right now is strong, it hardly matters. And aside from people who read message boards, they'll see the Headlines, and not the article detail. The Headline will say "Fireworks At Disneyland Again!!" People will buy tickets, see Mix Magic, and not know the difference.

Disney Analyst

Mix Magic functioned as their "B" show when the normal fireworks couldn't show due to weather, since it's designed to be shown with projections only if needed. I bet that also makes it far cheaper to run since it doesn't rely on pyrotechnics.

I imagine this factored heavily into their decision to bring it back over Remember Dreams Come True, Disneyland Forever, or good ole' fasioned Fantasy in the Sky.

I'm fine if they want to do Mix Magic as a weeknight projection show when fireworks are weekends only... but gosh darnit, during the summer when Disneyland tries to do fireworks nightly, give us an actual show - and even on off-season weekends, do the big show, and save Mix Magic for the weeknights.

Stevek

Disney manages to consistently under-impress. But since it has a cult following, and demand for amusement parks right now is strong, it hardly matters. And aside from people who read message boards, they'll see the Headlines, and not the article detail. The Headline will say "Fireworks At Disneyland Again!!" People will buy tickets, see Mix Magic, and not know the difference.
Keep in mind that though many of us here our vocal on how Magic Mix sucks, I'm sure there are plenty of folks that love it and are looking forward to it coming back. To your point, it really doesn't matter. People like me were buying tickets for a much diminished experience just to be back at the parks...some of us had a bit of regret after doing so.

Ismael Flores

If you want to see what it's like today, here's one of the vloggers that appears to spend his time (and his supporters money) visiting all of the local parks regularly...I mean, doing his "job"

Rewind a little bit and you can see what a mass of humanity rope drop was today. Thankfully it will only 95 at DL today...at least its a dry heat LOL

Is this is why Disney will continue to raise day tickets, they know bloggers and their followers will just keep paying no matter what even if there are no new additions.

waltography

I'm fine if they want to do Mix Magic as a weeknight projection show when fireworks are weekends only... but gosh darnit, during the summer when Disneyland tries to do fireworks nightly, give us an actual show - and even on off-season weekends, do the big show, and save Mix Magic for the weeknights.
I'm someone who enjoyed Mix Magic and even I recognize this is a terribly poor show to come back with. Hardly the triumphant return of fireworks they want to market.

DLR>WDW

Parks themselves don’t look too bad, but that’s likely due to most people being in physical queues. Sorta a peek into pre-2000s era park operations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom