Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

SoCalDisneyLover

Post-Pandemic, there appears to be widespread agreement on a couple of things.

1. Nemo's Submarine Voyage will probably never open again.

2. Reservations are going to be around a Long, Long time, perhaps permanently.

mickEblu

Post-Pandemic, there appears to be widespread agreement on a couple of things.

1. Nemo's Submarine Voyage will probably never open again.

2. Reservations are going to be around a Long, Long time, perhaps permanently.

Nemo never opening again is another one of those “be careful what you wish for things.” I don’t want modern Disney touching that lagoon or area in general with a 10 foot pole.

mickEblu

Look... here's something else we agree on.

I'm all for saving the water feature on the east side of the park, but the subs themselves are way past prime time.

Yeah maybe those specific Subs but I’d like to see them revisit the concept with new subs that offer a more dynamic ride. Not sure how crazy underwater vehicles can get though. Even just new Subs based on an Avatar inspired ride would better than nothing or losing the lagoon.

DavidDL

I'm of the same mindset when it comes to keeping the lagoon in some capacity but I also wouldn't be heartbroken to see the subs in their current form go away forever.

..maybe they could meld the Autopia and Submarine Lagoon into a bigger, more beautiful and more controllable version of the Aquatopia from Tokyo DisneySEA?

Animaniac93-98

I'm of the same mindset when it comes to keeping the lagoon in some capacity but I also wouldn't be heartbroken to see the subs in their current form go away forever.

..maybe they could meld the Autopia and Submarine Lagoon into a bigger, more beautiful and more controllable version of the Aquatopia from Tokyo DisneySEA?

Forget Aquatopia, give us their version of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

DavidDL

Hey, I'm down! I was just trying to think of a way to incorporate the lagoon itself since I think their version of 20k is a dark ride designed to just look like you're underwater? Maybe our lagoon becomes the queue which leads into the show building where the old sub building used to be? That could work.

Animaniac93-98

Hey, I'm down! I was just trying to think of a way to incorporate the lagoon itself since I think their version of 20k is a dark ride designed to just look like you're underwater? Maybe our lagoon becomes the queue which leads into the show building where the old sub building used to be? That could work.

Yes, and the effect is quite convincing.

What I would do is have the indoor portion be like that, but keep the outdoor lagoon the old way. Merge the two styles of sub rides.

MarvelCharacterNerd

I think it was Fresh Baked David that said he expected them back soon, and that they were likely already practicing at home for their return.
Yeah, I've seen hints. And I fully expect them back by the next time I go. But considering WDW opened with theirs (singing from train station and trolley exactly as ours could have), I see no valid excuse why they weren't back opening day. :(

el_super

I didn't like the TDS 20k ride all that much either though. It suffers from some of the same issues as the DLR subs: small cramped ride vehicle and poor sightlines. It comes across better in video than in person.

What I would do is have the indoor portion be like that, but keep the outdoor lagoon the old way. Merge the two styles of sub rides.

They could just keep the lagoon, and figure out a way to put a glass tube/queue through it to the showbuilding.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom