Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

CaptinEO

What is the disappointment with Galaxy's Edge? It surely can't be the theming or ROTR? Falcon? Not enough Rides? I mean, the land is incredibly well themed, at least for me. The only thing I can really see it that it needed a third attraction and a sit down dining spot.

GE feels lifeless, in my opinion, and I feel there is no kinetic energy. It’s also weirdly quiet. I don’t really feel like I’m in any of the Star Wars films, but rather more like I’m in a Star Wars fan’s home that’s decked out with a Star Wars aesthetic, if that makes sense.
Raven summed up my thoughts exactly.

CaptinEO

You’re not the only one! Based on reviews I’ve seen, people either like it or think there’s much room for improvement. I don’t think it’s god-awful, besides its placement in the park, but it could be improved by a lot.
I like it still but I'm a huge Star Wars fan and was a huge Disney Themepark fan and I think the land didnt come close to meeting my expectations, not sure if its just the setting they chose or the lack of actors/droids.

It has so much potential and can be fixed. They overpromised but under delivered. Lets not forget it was Disney talking up about all the interactions and live actors, I was looking forward to a brand new themepark /entertainment experience.

I enjoy things like primetime cafe at Hollywood Studios where you have people playing a role, I would've loved to do that in Star Wars Land or see the embarassment on peoples faces when a character confronted them. It's all good fun.

That being said Rise of the Resistance is top notch themepark attraction tier as far as I'm concerned. I love that ride and even the little area around it.

fctiger

I'm not sure this has been mentioned anywhere yet but it looks like Disney is doing away with the 60 day reservation window because its been doubled that up to 120 days looking at the calendar. Now you can reserve tickets through the end of September. Pretty surprising but its great news. Especially for people who want to really plan ahead.

Maybe they think with non-Californians being let in next month (and probably up capacity as well) they want to give people as many options as possible.

TP2000

One thing we may or may not be appreciating is just being able to enjoy Disneyland in “classic mode.” In years past they even had to fill up the off season and Spring with new festivals like Pixar Fest or Summer of Heroes.

Great point!

It will be nice to just go to Disneyland and have it be Disneyland. Not Pixar Fest. Not Instagram Dayz. Not Marvel Madness. Not Halloween, or Christmas, or Lunar New Year.

Just Disneyland. In summer, with the patriotic American bunting and flags on Main Street USA, of course.

CaptinEO

Great point!

It will be nice to just go to Disneyland and have it be Disneyland. Not Pixar Fest. Not Instagram Dayz. Not Marvel Madness. Not Halloween, or Christmas, or Lunar New Year.

Just Disneyland. In summer, with the patriotic American bunting and flags on Main Street USA, of course.
Going to Disneyland a few weeks ago with no fastpass and no gimmick event was just like the old days honestly. Lines moved so fast as they were intended to.

Nirya

Question, does anyone know if you pick a DCA start as a park-hopper, and Disneyland start opens up on that day, if you can switch it up?

MarvelCharacterNerd

Can I just say how awful the walk is from the parking structure? :(

My phone said I'd walked 1.3 miles just by the time I reached the park gate! (This included the ridiculously long queue just to get to security.)

They have GOT to get a shuttle or tram going, but I can't see how while they have everyone walking the route. :(

SoCalDisneyLover

My phone said I'd walked 1.3 miles just by the time I reached the park gate! (This included the ridiculously long queue just to get to security.)

They have GOT to get a shuttle or tram going, but I can't see how while they have everyone walking the route. :(
Reports are that it is a staffing issue, not a covid issue. They might not have trams for several more weeks according to what I heard on one of the vlogs.

AJFireman

Reports are that it is a staffing issue, not a covid issue. They might not have trams for several more weeks according to what I heard on one of the vlogs.
Personally I thinks its just cost savings along with not being efficient to move mass amount of people. Without the AP program there probably is a lot less half day visitors so its not as spread out. . The demand at open and close would have wait times beyond reason due to social distancing.

Also the permit for the Cruella photo location is blocking the tram loading/unloading area and that permit was just filed and expires on 7/28.

BLD2021-02139DLR - West Tram Drop-Off - Temporary Structure: Install (1) truss structure anchored by concrete ballast blocks. (film premiere photo location) (05/28/21 thru 07/28/21)"

SoCalDisneyLover

Honestly, I don't see why they need to bring back any kind of AP program Or the Trams. Obviously enough people are willing to pay full price AND walk the length of the tram route both ways, just to get their Disney fix.

Heck, they probably should have raised prices too. Why not?

SoCalDisneyLover

Once temp checks drop and social distancing is done they can reopen the trams. But it's up to Disney on that front.
What bothers me is that they did not adjust the parking price to reflect the fact you have to walk roughly a mile each way. Not to mention carrying any merch you purchased going back to your car at the end of a long day.

But again, they're asking people to pay full price, for a lesser product. Not necessarily their fault it's that way, but neither is it the customer's, who is both inconvenienced and getting zero benefit from the situation. In the end, it's Disney that actually gains. They don't have the cost of running the tram operation, but they're still collecting on the portion of parking revenue that goes towards it.

I think $15 would have been fair, until tram service was started again. Perhaps it would have been around 2 months of slightly lower revenue for Disney, and it would have at least showed that they cared a little.

But people don't mind in the end. So long as they get their Disney fix, they'll walk the walk.

waltography

The walk (really, more like a hobble) back is even worse. A good kind of pain, I guess. 😂 But while I thought it was a fun experience to walk the route as a bit of COVID history, I have no interest doing this in the long-term and can't wait for the trams to be running soon.

waltography

What bothers me is that they did not adjust the parking price to reflect the fact you have to walk roughly a mile each way. Not to mention carrying any merch you purchased going back to your car at the end of a long day.

But again, they're asking people to pay full price, for a lesser product. Not necessarily their fault it's that way, but neither is it the customer's, who is both inconvenienced and getting zero benefit from the situation. In the end, it's Disney that actually gains. They don't have the cost of running the tram operation, but they're still collecting on the portion of parking revenue that goes towards it.

I think $15 would have been fair, until tram service was started again. Perhaps it would have been around 2 months of slightly lower revenue for Disney, and it would have at least showed that they cared a little.

But people don't care in the end. So long as they get their Disney fix, they'll walk the walk.
That's the price some hotels are offering to park across the street from the Harbor Blvd. entrance, and I considered parking there before my first trip back, but I'd heard from friends who went before me that there were some break-ins so I felt safer parking in the structure.

mickEblu

The walk (really, more like a hobble) back is even worse. A good kind of pain, I guess. 😂 But while I thought it was a fun experience to walk the route as a bit of COVID history, I have no interest doing this in the long-term and can't wait for the trams to be running soon.

Haha I know that hobble you’re talking about. I think having two kids has my stamina up. God knows I haven’t exercised. That or we re taking it easier when we re at the parks these days. We walked back to our hotel both nights (across the street from the Toy Story lot) both nights at 9:30 pm and we were fine. Only crossed paths with one druggie too! No joke it actually was a nice walk and all the jasmine is blooming and smells great. Landscaping is pretty nice until Harbor and Katella

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom