Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

DrAlice

How bad is your motion sickness tendencies? How do you do on Star Tours?
I don't do Star Tours anymore. It's a bummer, because it is a fun idea, but I've regretted it every time I've ridden it. I mean, I don't vomit or anything, but it's enough to make it unpleasant and I spend the whole time praying that the ride ends soon. So, now I shop in Star Trader while they ride. :D

Isn’t motion sickness worse when you are NOT controlling the vehicle you are in?
In a car, absolutely! This is why I'm thinking I'll be ok if I can pilot. At the very least, I'm hoping it will be only mild nausea. I suspect that my daughter and I piloting will be quite the bumpy ride for all of us. 🤣

Ok, I guess I'll risk it, because it is probably the only chance I'll get at riding this thing (and a unique chance for the three of us to ride on our own).

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

IMO the only way to fix the pier is with a fleet of bulldozers. I can’t stand seeing the Anaheim Convention Center from inside the park.

Sadly, the pier has become iconic for many fans, so it’ll never happen at this point.

DrAlice

I’m so excited to see you planning for your trip!
Yup! It's getting close now. I've fully prepared my daughter that she might now be able to ride either ROTR or SpiderMan because of the boarding group thing. She just shrugged and said, "as long as I can ride the Millenium Falcon and Star Tours, I don't care. Oh, and Incredicoaster!". 🤣

Also, LegoLand has a new land that will open right before we get there, so that should be fun to check out too.

the_rich

Does anyone have a number to get through to disneyland guest services? Every number I try tells me the call queue is closed and I get hung up on. I am trying to get a refund on the maxpass portion of my tickets.

Curious Constance

Does anyone have a number to get through to disneyland guest services? Every number I try tells me the call queue is closed and I get hung up on. I am trying to get a refund on the maxpass portion of my tickets.
I think wait times in general are really long now. Even the chat feature says it will take a couple days to get a reply. Let me know what you find out if you don’t mind. I also have Maxpass tickets but would be willing to keep if they allow us access to Photopass. But I doubt they will.

the_rich

I think wait times in general are really long now. Even the chat feature says it will take a couple days to get a reply. Let me know what you find out if you don’t mind. I also have Maxpass tickets but would be willing to keep if they allow us access to Photopass. But I doubt they will.
I wouldn't even mind if they kept me on hold for 8 hours at this point. I don't even have the option of waiting. I will let you know if I find out.

mickEblu

Try the annual passholder # 2 option. That worked for me last week. Got through in 9 minutes.

DLR>WDW

Unfortunately, I don’t think they’ll refund MaxPass as it still works to get free PhotoPass on the day of your visit. I didn’t realize this until I got home and added my Splash Mountain photo number to the app. :/

Mac Tonight

Got ya. The mystique started fading a little bit for me well before the pandemic as there were already plenty of crappy changes happening AND I was going every 2-3 weeks. That’s why I was questioning if going too often can also contribute to that. Right now I would give 70% of the blame pie to Disney and 30 % to me.
For me, the "mystique" of Disneyland is still very much present... but you have to know where to look.
While a lot of the "magic" has been revealed in books and in videos and even in my own trips "behind the scenes", I think overall, Disneyland itself is still a very special place.

The more often I go, I find myself gravitating towards things and experiences that are slower and feel more deliberate. Waiting in the lobby for Mr. Lincoln comes to mind. It's not flashy, it's not garish, but it is deeply rooted to Walt himself. Same with Pirates and HM. Each trip provides a new range of details if you allow yourself to look for them. Honestly, as long as Disneyland has those three attractions, the place will always be special. A case could also be made for the Tiki Room and the original Fantasyland rides, but those aren't always in the forefront of my mind.

I think the fade you're experiencing is about 99.9% to do with current management's mishandling of the park and the slow siphoning away of it's founding ideals. Rather than maintaining and enhancing what was there before, its now about, "how can we shove our latest IP acquisition in your face and create cheaper, one-off experiences while also taking the maximum amount of your money?"

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"Today, we’re pleased to announce that beginning June 15, 2021, we will once again be able to welcome travelers from outside the state of California back to our theme parks! Out-of-state visitors may now begin booking their return to the parks on Disneyland.com. Until June 15, all guests visiting the Disneyland Resort must be California residents visiting in groups no larger than 3 households.*

The State of California strongly recommends that all guests be fully vaccinated or obtain a negative COVID-19 test prior to entering the theme parks. In addition, all guests will be required to wear an approved face covering throughout their visit at the Disneyland Resort. "

MagicWDI

Unfortunately, I don’t think they’ll refund MaxPass as it still works to get free PhotoPass on the day of your visit. I didn’t realize this until I got home and added my Splash Mountain photo number to the app. :/
They already have been refunding MaxPass for those who have been able to talk to someone. The service has removed a main feature, so I'd hope they offer refunds for that.

waltography

They already have been refunding MaxPass for those who have been able to talk to someone. The service has removed a main feature, so I'd hope they offer refunds for that.
This reply isn't really directed to you, but if folks who have MaxPass on their tickets are still interested in the PhotoPass component, it's better to keep it on the ticket because PhotoPass on its own is $20 for one day.

Gillyanne

This reply isn't really directed to you, but if folks who have MaxPass on their tickets are still interested in the PhotoPass component, it's better to keep it on the ticket because PhotoPass on its own is $20 for one day.

Pre Covid (I think it was 2017?) that's what we did. Even with MP for the 4 of us, it was cheaper/comparable on the per day and package (for our 2 days) to get MP for pictures; the not running to a location for a paper FP was more an added benefit for us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom