Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

mickEblu

For everyone planning trips to DL the one thing you don’t have to worry about is the park being plexiglass city. I can count on one hand where I saw plexiglass and only in one instance could it impact your ride experience - the back row on ROTR. Other than that there was some plexiglass on Star Tours and GOTG:MB but it didn’t impact ride experience at all as it was in between the seats. Also some plexiglass in the POTC indoor queue and that’s about it. I didn’t ride Indy but I think there may be some in there as well?

SuddenStorm

For everyone planning trips to DL the one thing you don’t have to worry about is the park being plexiglass city. I can count on one hand where I saw plexiglass and only in one instance could it impact your ride experience - the back row on ROTR. Other than that there was some plexiglass on Star Tours and GOTG:MB but it didn’t impact ride experience at all as it was in between the seats. Also some plexiglass in the POTC indoor queue and that’s about it. I didn’t ride Indy but I think there may be some in there as well?

I think they mounted some on the ride vehicle- which could be distracting if you're sitting behind it. I'm hoping all that goes away June 15 when Newsom finally allows the state to follow the science.

PiratesMansion

Me: ~waits for Disneyland to reopen more things, restore menus, restore live entertainment~
Disney: Upcharge Spiderway Mania gizmo! $100 sandwiches!
Me:
Justin Timberlake Idk GIF

George Lucas on a Bench

There's also an extremely awkward Plexiglass Divider on the stairs of Thunder Mountain.

Stevek

The fact that the same company who made Cars Land and Pandora also made the disappointments of Toy Story Land and Galaxy's Edge is so weird to me.

Pixar Pier is the worst thing Imagineering has ever done as far as I am concerned.
What is the disappointment with Galaxy's Edge? It surely can't be the theming or ROTR? Falcon? Not enough Rides? I mean, the land is incredibly well themed, at least for me. The only thing I can really see it that it needed a third attraction and a sit down dining spot.

the_rich

What is the disappointment with Galaxy's Edge? It surely can't be the theming or ROTR? Falcon? Not enough Rides? I mean, the land is incredibly well themed, at least for me. The only thing I can really see it that it needed a third attraction and a sit down dining spot.
Yea I have no idea either. I think its fantastic as well.

misfitdoll

Um... for real? Are you generally a Star Wars fan?

Stevek

Um... for real? Are you generally a Star Wars fan?
I would say I'm a pretty hardcore fan. Every book and comic owned and read, garage storage cabinets full of collectibles. So rather than question my fandomness, tell me what you feel is wrong with it. Do I wish it was set in the original trilogy, yeah...would love to see Vader, Luke, Leia, etc. vs the sequel characters but I think for anyone to compare it to Toy Story Land or Pixar Pier is a bit much. When I walked in for the first time, I was genuinely blown away by the scale and theming. I don't expect everyone to like things the same way I do but I think the original point I was replying to was a bit of an exaggeration.

Stevek

GE feels lifeless, in my opinion, and I feel there is no kinetic energy. It’s also weirdly quiet. I don’t really feel like I’m in any of the Star Wars films, but rather more like I’m in a Star Wars fan’s home that’s decked out with a Star Wars aesthetic, if that makes sense.
I didn't get that feeling at all. In fact, it was probably quite the opposite. Seeing the ships as I walked from Critter Country set the stage. As I walked through the marketplace it still felt very SW and then the Falcon reveal blew me away.

mickEblu

I would say I'm a pretty hardcore fan. Every book and comic owned and read, garage storage cabinets full of collectibles. So rather than question my fandomness, tell me what you feel is wrong with it. Do I wish it was set in the original trilogy, yeah...would love to see Vader, Luke, Leia, etc. vs the sequel characters but I think for anyone to compare it to Toy Story Land or Pixar Pier is a bit much. When I walked in for the first time, I was genuinely blown away by the scale and theming. I don't expect everyone to like things the same way I do but I think the original point I was replying to was a bit of an exaggeration.

Droids and aliens walking around
More green
More water
More color
Thrill ride
Sit down restaurant
The Force
More music
Yoda, Vader, C3PO
Lightsabers being used in action

I’m not as low on GE as I was last year. Part of it could be is that it has settled in and the super high expectations are gone. I enjoyed it a bit more on my last trip. Then again it came after a very, long boring year away from Disneyland. I think it also “helped” that there was no live music to be found anywhere in Disneyland so the quietness felt normal walking into Galaxies Edge and made the sounds/ music that is in GE stand out more. Made the land feel less dead than usual.

Nirya

GE has a lot of missed opportunities, tbh. I think the bones of the land are solid enough (an excellent E-ticket, servicable D-ticket, solid food options, good building design and the Falcon reveal is top-notch) but it is missing a lot of things that would take it to the next level. It probably doesn't help that the land was hyped up by Disney with a lot of various aspects only to not get them on opening.

I think if they had more interactivity and movement, perhaps a show at that spot that was clearly designed to be a stage of some kind but was only used for that media event prior to opening, that would really help. And they have an expansion pad to add another ride, which they hopefully take advantage of.

Californian Elitist

I didn't get that feeling at all. In fact, it was probably quite the opposite. Seeing the ships as I walked from Critter Country set the stage. As I walked through the marketplace it still felt very SW and then the Falcon reveal blew me away.
You’re not the only one! Based on reviews I’ve seen, people either like it or think there’s much room for improvement. I don’t think it’s god-awful, besides its placement in the park, but it could be improved by a lot.

Stevek

You’re not the only one! Based on reviews I’ve seen, people either like it or think there’s much room for improvement. I don’t think it’s god-awful, besides its placement in the park, but it could be improved by a lot.
Agreed...there's room for improvement in so many things Disney creates and this isn't immune from that.

the_rich

I think wait times in general are really long now. Even the chat feature says it will take a couple days to get a reply. Let me know what you find out if you don’t mind. I also have Maxpass tickets but would be willing to keep if they allow us access to Photopass. But I doubt they will.
So I finally got through and I had 2 options. Go to the ticket booth at the park or go to the website and send an email. So I went to the website and you click on contact us and choose email then when you go to the subject it gives you the option for maxpass refunds. I just had to put my order number in the body of the email.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom