Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

mickEblu

Also, if you leave and return to the same park close to 1pm, you do not have to wait in the big lines with the parkhoppers as theres a separate admission line for those who are returning to that park.

After 1pm you can go hop back and forth as many times as you want right?

Stevek

Has anyone posted a pic of the new Adventureland entry with the skulls now removed? I don't remember seeing anywhere here but could have very well easily missed it.

SuddenStorm

Never mind. By 9:30am RSR was 60 min, GOTG 45 min, and Soarin 45 min. DCA may not have sold as many tickets but they also have less capacity. So looks like spending two glorious mornings at DL was the right way to go. Only downside is their probably won’t be any way to escape a very long line for RSR.

Day 1 I’m going straight to POTC because it’s only right and it averages 45 minutes waits all day. Then probably HM, then Splash. My wife walked off of the Super Silly Fun land spinner ride at USH because she didn’t want it to be my 8 month old daughters first ride. Lol. Now it’s going to be Pirates of the Caribbean. What an upgrade.

I'm surprised you're willing to wait 60 mins for RSR when park hours are as reduced as they are! It's a solid ride and among the best DCA has to offer, but with Splash at about a 10 minute wait in the morning and evening you could theoretically ride it 3-4 times in the time it'd take to ride RSR once. Are they showing real Soarin' or new Soarin'?

Is your son tall enough for Splash yet?

mickEblu

I'm surprised you're willing to wait 60 mins for RSR when park hours are as reduced as they are! It's a solid ride and among the best DCA has to offer, but with Splash at about a 10 minute wait in the morning and evening you could theoretically ride it 3-4 times in the time it'd take to ride RSR once. Are they showing real Soarin' or new Soarin'?

Is your son tall enough for Splash yet?

That’s the thing. I’m not sure I’m willing to wait 60 for RSR. I was hoping one morning at DCA could have solved that but it doesn’t appear to be worth it. At 9:15am RSR already had a posted wait time of 60 min. They re showing the new Soarin :(

So ya two Disneyland mornings seem like the right choice. My son is tall enough for Splash and a bunch of other stuff he wasn’t able to go on last year. In fact the only two rides at DLR hes not tall enough for are Incredicoaster and Indy. He actually was tall enough for Splash last year but we didn’t think he was ready. My son loves RSR but I’d be ok skipping it if it doesn’t make sense. 4x Splash sounds much better. Especially since they might be my last rides ☹️

CaptinEO

That’s the thing. I’m not sure I’m willing to wait 60 for RSR. I was hoping one morning at DCA could have solved that but it doesn’t appear to be worth it. At 9:15am RSR already had a poster wait time of 60 min. They re showing the new Soarin :(

So ya two Disneyland mornings seem like the right choice. My son is tall enough for Splash and a bunch of other stuff he wasn’t able to go on last year. In fact the only two rides at DLR hes not tall enough for are Incredicoaster and Indy. He actually was tall enough for Splash last year but we didn’t think he was ready. My son loves RSR but I’d be ok skipping it if it doesn’t make sense. 4x Splash sounds much better. Especially since they might be my last rides ☹️
Disneyland is the same, it's just the same wait times all day. I think California Adventure just has less to do which is why their wait times are longer. It's a shame they retheme that park instead of adding to it.

We're going to DCA next week in the morning just because it's the park with no shade. I only parhopped there yesterday because it was cloudy that day.

We had Cars break down on us while we were next to board. Luckily in another half hour they had fixed it, but we were envious of the people that got to board and sit the whole time.

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

That’s the thing. I’m not sure I’m willing to wait 60 for RSR. I was hoping one morning at DCA could have solved that but it doesn’t appear to be worth it. At 9:15am RSR already had a posted wait time of 60 min. They re showing the new Soarin :(

My man, sounds like it's going to be an awesome couple days. Of course, you will have to post a thorough trip report. And share photos of the Hungry Bear sign- a last vestige of quality that hearkens back to the days of old.

SuddenStorm

Mr Owl from my avatar was not there

After looking through a few Splash videos, it looks like the figure broke about a week ago around May 7 and was removed shortly after.

They also removed one of the geese at the start of the 'How Do You Do" segment, it was broken back in April and removed shortly after.

mickEblu

My man, sounds like it's going to be an awesome couple days. Of course, you will have to post a thorough trip report. And share photos of the Hungry Bear sign- a last vestige of quality that hearkens back to the days of old.

I’m getting excited again. Last couple weeks I wasn’t for whatever reason. It’ll be great to be back and I imagine with will be appreciated so much more. Will definitely be posting a trip report. Really can’t wait to take my daughter for the first time and to ride Splash and some other rides for the first time with my son.

And just look at this weather. Really lucked out. Hopefully it doesn’t change.

B62EEDED-F25D-4022-9525-31ED701AB39F.jpeg

mickEblu

After looking through a few Splash videos, it looks like the figure broke about a week ago around May 7 and was removed shortly after.

They also removed one of the geese at the start of the 'How Do You Do" segment, it was broken back in April and removed shortly after.

I watched a Splash ride thru with my son the other day and of all things it made me really sad to think in the near future we won’t be hearing the “How do You do” instrumental during the beginning of the ride.

mickEblu

Do you pick times or just pick me up I'm ready? If it's select times, I would assume multiple groups picked up.

Called ART and got some more info because I was having some trouble with the app due to some misinformation from my hotel. You can schedule pick ups from 10:30 am - 5:30pm. Anything outside those hours, you just wait at your hotel (or the park) to be picked up. I believe she said they start running in the morning around 8am and stop 30 minutes after the parks close. During the normal loop hours they should show up at ones hotel (assuming ART stops there) every 20-30 min.

CaptinEO

Got it, thanks for the information. Hopefully Mr Owl will be back next week when I go.

TP2000

Any adult in the US who isn't vaccinated now it is because they choose not to be. They accept the risk and the rest of society will move on with our vaccinated lives. If they die due to their decision after being presented with a vaccine, it is nature's way of thinning the herd. You can only lead the horse to water.

Had multiple relatives smoke - we told them if you don't stop, you will die. They didn't and they did.

Had obese relatives and we told them - if you don't change your eating habits and reduce the amount of processed food and added sugar, you will get diabetes, heart disease and die. They didn't and they did.

There's nothing you can do about the person who refuses to get vaccinated and then goes to Disney World, just like the 250 pound woman wearing the Disney princess shirt sitting on Main Street eating an ice cream sundae.

Let's focus our energy on those who want to lead a healthy and productive life in society.

No kidding! Thank you for that great recap and perspective.

Any American adult who is not vaccinated yet is either anti-science (which is very odd to me), or simply electing to not get it on purpose (which I support their right to make that choice for themselves).

I have sympathy for adults in Canada, Australia and the European Union where vaccines are very hard to come by. But Americans? No excuse here in mid May, 2020. I just checked CVS.com and there's open availability for free vaccines appointments at dozens of CVS stores in Orange County this afternoon. Walk-ins also accepted. American pharmacies have got more vaccines than they know what to do with!

I'll post live updates on Monday when I go

I can't wait for that! Particularly your thoughts on the Haunted Mansion's new wheelchair parking lot and "immersive enhancements". Also keep an eye out for Kim Irvine in her hardhat, if you could please.

TP2000

I watched a Splash ride thru with my son the other day and of all things it made me really sad to think in the near future we won’t be hearing the “How do You do” instrumental during the beginning of the ride.

There is some great music in that ride! Stuff that became iconic music that became synonymous with "Disney theme park" for many folks over the last 30 years.

I am particularly interested to see how, or if, Disney will remove the iconic "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah" from their advertising, commercials, and branding in the next few years.

Watching that 1980's hilarity, I was reminded of two things;

1. I forgot how much I loved The Cosby Show. Truly a great American sit-com. It was must see TV back then! Almost 40 years ago now.
2. Is this where the unfortunate phrasing of "at Disney" started? No wonder all those Easterners say "we're going to Disney". :rolleyes:

Disney Analyst

No kidding! Thank you for that great recap and perspective.

Any American adult who is not vaccinated yet is either anti-science (which is very odd to me), or simply electing to not get it on purpose (which I support their right to make that choice for themselves).

I have sympathy for adults in Canada, Australia and the European Union where vaccines are very hard to come by. But Americans? No excuse here in mid May, 2020. I just checked CVS.com and there's open availability for free vaccines appointments at dozens of CVS stores in Orange County this afternoon. Walk-ins also accepted. American pharmacies have got more vaccines than they know what to do with!

I can't wait for that! Particularly your thoughts on the Haunted Mansion's new wheelchair parking lot and "immersive enhancements". Also keep an eye out for Kim Irvine in her hardhat, if you could please.

And look at Canada now. We are catching up finally, and quickly.

Over 52% of eligible adults are first dose vaccinated in BC now - 44% first dose across Canada compared to America’s 47%. (Obviously America has a much higher full dose rate, but the vaccination rate is truly slowing down for
you guys).

Figments Friend

I’m getting excited again. Last couple weeks I wasn’t for whatever reason. It’ll be great to be back and I imagine with will be appreciated so much more. Will definitely be posting a trip report. Really can’t wait to take my daughter for the first time and to ride Splash and some other rides for the first time with my son.

And just look at this weather. Really lucked out. Hopefully it doesn’t change.

View attachment 557987

Now....are you glad you didn't waste your time going to Walt Disney World..?

I knew this would pan out for you in a much better way sticking with Disneyland.
Enjoy, my friend !

:)

-

TP2000

And look at Canada now. We are catching up finally, and quickly.

Over 52% of eligible adults are first dose vaccinated in BC now - 44% first dose across Canada compared to America’s 47%. (Obviously America has a much higher full dose rate, but the vaccination rate is truly slowing down for
you guys).

Thank God! I imagine having the one-shot Johnson & Johnson available is speeding things up?

Still, only 3.5% (three point five percent) of Canadian adults are fully vaccinated here on May 16th, compared to 47.4% (forty seven point four percent) fully vaccinated adults for the USA. How the heck was that ever allowed to happen in the first place? I would love it if the media would do a deep dive into that, and explain it from the Canadian perspective. 60 Minutes or something should investigate that. But they probably won't. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

Thank God! I imagine having the one-shot Johnson & Johnson available is speeding things up?

Still, only 3.5% of Canadians are fully vaccinated here on May 16th, compared to 37.1% fully vaccinated for the USA. How the heck was that ever allowed to happen in the first place? I would love it if the media would do a deep dive into that, and explain it from the Canadian perspective. 60 Minutes or something.

We haven’t even used Johnson and Johnson yet. Our supply came from they problem facility in the US so it’s been held pending investigation.

Our doses of Pfizer and Moderna all were coming from Europe, we have secured more then enough but just couldn’t get it here. The EU has been fighting for their share, us fighting for ours, and manufacturing not able to keep up.

Then we had a big slow down when they shut down the supply chain to expand capacity, so that didn’t ramp back up until… April.

Now most if not all our Moderna and Pfizer is finally coming from the US plants, so we are getting millions of doses a week now. You were lucky, you manufacture your own vaccine and supplied yourselves first.

Our former conservative government and liberal
governments both did not setup our country for vaccine manufacturing. I think it’s been almost 50 years since we had a plant capable of mass vaccine manufacturing.

TP2000

We haven’t even used Johnson and Johnson yet. Our supply came from they problem facility in the US so it’s been held pending investigation.

Our doses of Pfizer and Moderna all were coming from Europe, we have secured more then enough but just couldn’t get it here. The EU has been fighting for their share, us fighting for ours, and manufacturing not able to keep up.

Then we had a big slow down when they shut down the supply chain to expand capacity, so that didn’t ramp back up until… April.

Now most if not all our Moderna and Pfizer is finally coming from the US plants, so we are getting millions of doses a week now. You were lucky, you manufacture your own vaccine and supplied yourselves first.

Our former conservative government and liberal
governments both did not setup our country for vaccine manufacturing. I think it’s been almost 50 years since we had a plant capable of mass vaccine manufacturing.

Wow. I find that just fascinating. Thank you for catching us up. Again, someone needs to do an in depth news analysis into how that all happened. And how to prevent it from ever happening again. The European Union is just as behind as Canada, and they've got over 400 Million people there compared to Canada's 35 Million. It's inexcusable.

If your supply is coming from the USA now, I'd imagine supply will increase quickly. Just in the last week or so the local pharmacies and supermarkets are trying to get rid of their vaccine over-supply. Walk-ins now accepted and encouraged anywhere you go now here in OC. I think we're close to seeing Target offer a free $5 gift card if you agree to get a free shot and take some inventory off their hands! 🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom