Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

DavidDL

I haven't read everything yet, so I can't confirm, but I am being told that the VQ for Indy will not be turned on all day. Only when the attraction queue is expected to hit a physical capacity.

So while you can only do the VQ once per day, if the VQ is turned off later in the day, you could hop in the standby lime and ride another time.

Hopefully that's the case. One of our favorite things to do is a pick a ride with a long line and save it for the last few minutes of the day, thus making sure that queue time doesn't eat up valuable park operating hours.

el_super

Virtual queues suck the fun out of it. I miss the days when you would just explore the parks and take in the theming in each area instead of choosing your D and E tickets from a list on a screen and then moving from one to the next.

Yeah so much easier to choose your E tickets based on a PAPER list ....

1620687598943.png

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
I haven't read everything yet, so I can't confirm, but I am being told that the VQ for Indy will not be turned on all day. Only when the attraction queue is expected to hit a physical capacity.

So while you can only do the VQ once per day, if the VQ is turned off later in the day, you could hop in the standby lime and ride another time.

Sounds like a hybrid-style from re-reading the OCR article -

"Don’t expect the Indy virtual queue to be in use all day like the Rise virtual queue. Disneyland anticipates using a hybrid of virtual and standby queues for Indiana Jones Adventure."

el_super

Sounds like a hybrid-style from re-reading the OCR article -

"Don’t expect the Indy virtual queue to be in use all day like the Rise virtual queue. Disneyland anticipates using a hybrid of virtual and standby queues for Indiana Jones Adventure."

Yeah that sounds right. The only other piece I've heard was that the VQ would not be available at park opening, so presumably it will only become available later in the day when attendance picks up and the line starts to get long. So if multiple rides are a priority, maybe get there early and make it the first ride.

Stevek

Virtual queues suck the fun out of it. I miss the days when you would just explore the parks and take in the theming in each area instead of choosing your D and E tickets from a list on a screen and then moving from one to the next.
Virtual queues are here because of the pandemic. Some may stay but I doubt that long term, there is a need for one at Indy and Pirates. I can see them being used in the future when parks are more busy or especially when new rides open.

George Lucas on a Bench

I thought the parks aren't supposed to be that busy? I guess this low capacity/short wait time nonsense is just that. "Adventureland is empty all day like we've never seen before!" I also thought the CDC guidelines reduced outdoor distancing to 3 feet anyway. Disneyland may be smaller than other Disney parks and Indigenous People Non-Skull Land may be a bit cramped compared to other areas, but that Indy line still has plenty of space to contain separated parties. The indoor parts are all in a gray zone until you hit the bat cave since you have big open walls and such. Just cheat this Goofy Gavin Guidance.

Anyway. Maybe if they hadn't shut down the Jungle Cruise and other attractions, they could better manage the crowds.

Also, I've been drinking.

el_super

One last note.... friends are saying that Disneyland is giving another opportunity for returning Cast Members to visit the park during regular business hours. So at least in some way shape or form, they are opening up additional capacity.

mickEblu

Starting to look like my May 22/23 gamble didn’t really pay off. I mean you do get the park closing at 9pm instead of 7pm (get to see the parks at night) and some more stuff has opened up but wait times have definitely gone up. I’m kind of in No Mans land between the super low wait times of the last couple weeks and Avengers Campus opening. Not sure how many kinks have been worked out which is another reason I scheduled my trip a few weeks after opening.

The weather though is looking like it might be fantastic (if this 10 day forecast holds up) and I’d take the over just about anything... esp with the mask requirement.

waltography

Starting to look like my May 22/23 gamble didn’t really pay off. I mean you do get the park closing at 9pm instead of 7pm (get to see the parks at night) and some more stuff has opened up but wait times have definitely gone up. I’m kind of in No Mans land between the super low wait times of the last couple weeks and Avengers Campus opening. Not sure how many kinks have been worked out which is another reason I scheduled my trip a few weeks after opening.

The weather though is looking like it might be fantastic (if this 10 day forecast holds up) and I’d take the over just about anything... esp with the mask requirement.
Yeah; it seems like the best time to go was really opening week, as the kinks weren’t even all that bad for the most part and you can’t beat the mid-70s weather we’re seeing now. Ah well; I’ll tell myself I had no choice because of Avengers Campus opening.

mickEblu

Yeah; it seems like the best time to go was really opening week, as the kinks weren’t even all that bad for the most part. Ah well; I’ll tell myself I had no choice because of Avengers Campus opening.

I’m not so sure. On second thought, I think the longer hours and better weather is worth the higher wait times (if they stay where they are at now and don’t keep climbing). Wasn’t it like 90 degrees opening week? Anyway, weather and wait times can fluctuate greatly by the time we go so we won’t really be able to say if we made the right call until that day.

waltography

I’m not so sure. On second thought, I think the longer hours and better weather is worth the higher wait times (if they stay where they are at now and don’t keep climbing). Wasn’t it like 90 degrees opening week? Anyway, weather and wait times can fluctuate greatly by the time we go so we won’t really be able to say if we made the right call until that day.
It was only 90 opening day (which would've been unbearable) - it dropped to mid-high 70s the rest of the week.

We'll see! Hopefully the wait times stay around the same and the 75 that The Weather Channel is predicting for the 23rd holds.

CaptinEO

We're going the 15th and 22nd.

I had a friend go last week and the heat was miserable.

I'm happy to get longer hours and go on Grizzly Rapids.

Either way it has been over a year (14 months for us), not a big deal to wait in line.

mickEblu

We're going the 15th and 22nd.

I had a friend go last week and the heat was miserable.

I'm happy to get longer hours and go on Grizzly Rapids.

Either way it has been over a year (14 months for us), not a big deal to wait in line.

Well YMMV of course. I’m going with two young kids and dropping some decent dough on a 3 night trip. Was hoping to get the best bang for my buck. If it was just me and my wife going to the park on one day park hoppers I’d be less concerned.

I’m also excited to ride Grizzly River Run... most likely last thing at night before heading back to the hotel and the weather looks like it could be really nice.

Last edited:

Stevek

It was only 90 opening day (which would've been unbearable) - it dropped to mid-high 70s the rest of the week.

We'll see! Hopefully the wait times stay around the same and the 75 that The Weather Channel is predicting for the 23rd holds.
I did WDW in May of 2017 and it was 90+ degrees with 95%+ humidity. We melted but survived...I think I can handle whatever heat Disneyland throws at me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom