Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

Stevek

Me too! I'm really looking forward to it. My wife and I are stoked.

Anyone know when a good time is to show up to park to be in by rope drop?
You might consider parking at Gardenwalk or the Anaheim Hotel and going in via the Harbor entrance. Ratchat has a flyer on their website for discounted parking at the Anaheim Hotel.

CaptinEO

We parked at the Fairfield Marriott. $25. We weren’t guests and they knew that but seemed to have set parking available for day visitors (since I assume the hotel isn’t at full capacity).

Very easy walk and has a nice clean restroom and staff in the lobby in case you need it. Also with McD’s now finally open it’s a great place to grab coffee or breakfast if you arrive early if that’s your style (though we didn’t).
Hey that's a great idea. Thanks so much. Did you pay for your parking before or after you went to the parks?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"We hope you are hungry for more Disneyland restaurant openings! As we continue to reopen our dining locations, we will update this Dining Guide, giving you one source to find which restaurants are open … or soon to open!

We are excited to announce the latest restaurants to join the reopening list:
  • Paradise Garden Grill (opening May 13)
  • Alfresco Tasting Terrace (opening May 20 exclusively for Legacy Passholders and their guests; online reservations available May 18)
  • Blue Bayou Restaurant (opening May 27; online reservations available May 18)
  • Napa Rose (opening May 28 – dinner only; online reservations available May 18)
  • Storytellers Café (opening May 28 – breakfast and dinner – no characters; online reservations available May 18)
  • GCH Craftsman Bar (New! Excited to announce online reservations will be available May 28)
(Note: Dates and locations subject to change.)"

"Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa

Note: Only guests staying at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa will be able to dine at these locations through May 27. Starting May 28, these locations will be open to all guests.
  • GCH Craftsman Bar
  • GCH Craftsman Grill (mobile order available)
  • Hearthstone Lounge (mobile order available)
  • Napa Rose (dinner only)
  • Storytellers Café (breakfast and dinner; no characters)"

BuzzedPotatoHead89

Hey that's a great idea. Thanks so much. Did you pay for your parking before or after you went to the parks?
Sure thing. We paid before. They have a person at the front. We paid cash and received a ticket to place in the window. Took maybe 10 min. We parked a little after 9 am, lingered a bit in the lobby. But got in the park right around 9:45.

Stevek

"We hope you are hungry for more Disneyland restaurant openings! As we continue to reopen our dining locations, we will update this Dining Guide, giving you one source to find which restaurants are open … or soon to open!

• Alfresco Tasting Terrace (opening May 20 exclusively for Legacy Passholders and their guests; online reservations available May 18)
  • Napa Rose (opening May 28 – dinner only; online reservations available May 18)
  • Storytellers Café (opening May 28 – breakfast and dinner – no characters; online reservations available May 18)
  • GCH Craftsman Bar (New! Excited to announce online reservations will be available May 28)

Note: Only guests staying at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa will be able to dine at these locations through May 27. Starting May 28, these locations will be open to all guests.
  • GCH Craftsman Bar

Thanks...wish they'd open up boardwalk pizza and pasta. Need my Chicken and Sun Dried tomato pasta fix. So good.

mickEblu

Dammit no Blue Bayou until the 28th. Happy to see Paradise Garden Grill open up for the ambiance, not really the food. With that said, I never tried the Greek food.

Last edited:

waltography

Blue Bayou Restaurant (opening May 27; online reservations available May 18)
Just missing it, shame. Well, at least I don't have to wake up early then.

What time do I have to wake up on the 18th to get my Blue Bayou reservations?
7am PT is when reservations open up, though when I got my reservations on the app last month reservations started being added a few minutes prior. YMWV.

Don't know if they'll have had the app fixed for this round of reservations but if they haven't, ignore anything that pops up while you try to reserve and you'll be fine. 😂

Stevek

Dammit no Blue Bayou until the 28th. Happy to see Paradise Garden Grill open up for the ambiance, not really the food. With that said, I never tried the Greek food.
Not sure I will ever do BB again. It was fine but felt like I was paying for the ambiance vs spectacular food...but it's been quite awhile since I've been there.

CaptinEO

• GCH Craftsman Bar

I really want to go to Blue Bayou but only when things are more normal.

I've had so many special meals there that I'd rather wait til the rest of the Disneyland experience is just as special.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Not sure I will ever do BB again. It was fine but felt like I was paying for the ambiance vs spectacular food...but it's been quite awhile since I've been there.

It’s a once every few years thing for me. And it’s been a few years. Last time I went was like 5 or 6 years ago and I enjoyed the lobster tail and filet.

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Last time I was there the food was subpar. That being said, I’m going there July 8th to celebrate a family members birthday so I might give it another shot. Hopefully the food will be much better.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
According to thrill-data, IJA didn't open until noon today. Today also holds the highest average wait time for the attraction since Disneyland reopened, and the attraction's only been open an hour. My guess is that after 3 hours of riding everything else everyone went there when they saw it opened up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom