Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

George Lucas on a Bench

So with Disneyland now costing 160 dollars for one day no park hopping with limited attractions and no booze yet despite announced forthcoming booze, I can officially say I'm getting screwed on this next trip, but I'm making an exception. Coupled with my second ticket, food costs, possible merchandise, Lyft ride to and from the Harbor Blvd entrance, probable overpriced booze at Downtown Disney and potential Alpine Inn stay, I'm getting more than I bargained for just to go back to Waltland. It will probably be nearly as expensive as a trip to Universal Orlando.

ToTBellHop

I think that's just a touch up. They have had some form traction paint on them for a few years now. I know they were doing some work on brakes/locking system bc the trailers could still move while getting in and out.
They still let us slide around on Alien Swirling Saucers, but everything is legal in Florida.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"Get ready to enjoy summer fun at the Disneyland Resort! As we continue the phased reopening of the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort, we are thrilled to announce Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel will reopen and welcome back guests starting June 15, 2021, with limited capacity. Guests can also look forward to the return of some favorite dining locations, including Napa Rose and Storytellers Café, starting May 28, 2021, at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa! The Disneyland Hotel will reopen at a later date.

Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel is a celebration of California’s beachfront heritage, inviting guests to ride a wave of relaxation from the charming seaside-themed rooms all the way up to the exciting, rooftop pool and waterslides for fun in the California sun. This property is located right in the middle of the magic at the Disneyland Resort, just steps from Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park. Guests can book room reservations starting May 6, 2021, and make Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel their perfect summer destination!

As part of the phased reopening, Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel will not have food and beverage offerings initially, however, hotel guests may visit any of the nearby dining outlets at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa such as GCH Craftsman Bar & Grill, Hearthstone Lounge, Storytellers Café and Napa Rose restaurant, plus the many innovative food and beverage offerings throughout the Downtown Disney District. Select restaurants in the Downtown Disney District also provide delivery services. For added convenience, guests of Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel and Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa can scan QR codes right from their in-room TV to access the links to those restaurants’ delivery webpages and order food and beverages that can be delivered right to the hotel lobbies.*

Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa is reopening popular dining locations Napa Rose and Storytellers Cafe for guests to enjoy while staying at the Disneyland Resort, and will be open to non-hotel guests as well. Starting May 28, 2021, guests can enjoy the warm, inviting ambiance at Napa Rose for in-person dinner. Known for its award-winning wine list, exemplary service and delectable dining, Napa Rose will feature both the prix fixe Vintner Menu and a la carte selections, where guests can savor wine country cuisine featuring dishes that honor California’s rich culinary bounty, artisan farmers and world-famous wine makers.

Guests can also enjoy hearty home-style favorites while dining at Storytellers Café, offering three-course meals for breakfast and dinner. Whether you’re hungry for an American Wagyu Burger or craving a classic Mickey Waffle, there’s something for everyone’s taste buds! Dining reservations are recommended and will be available for booking at a later date, so be sure to check back to the Disney Parks Blog or Disneyland.com. Character dining will not be featured at this time.

One other great feature that is returning May 28 to Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa is the special entrance to Disney California Adventure park for Disneyland Resort hotel guests who are visiting the park.**"

ToTBellHop

"Get ready to enjoy summer fun at the Disneyland Resort! As we continue the phased reopening of the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort, we are thrilled to announce Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel will reopen and welcome back guests starting June 15, 2021, with limited capacity. Guests can also look forward to the return of some favorite dining locations, including Napa Rose and Storytellers Café, starting May 28, 2021, at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa! The Disneyland Hotel will reopen at a later date.

Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel is a celebration of California’s beachfront heritage, inviting guests to ride a wave of relaxation from the charming seaside-themed rooms all the way up to the exciting, rooftop pool and waterslides for fun in the California sun. This property is located right in the middle of the magic at the Disneyland Resort, just steps from Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park. Guests can book room reservations starting May 6, 2021, and make Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel their perfect summer destination!

As part of the phased reopening, Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel will not have food and beverage offerings initially, however, hotel guests may visit any of the nearby dining outlets at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa such as GCH Craftsman Bar & Grill, Hearthstone Lounge, Storytellers Café and Napa Rose restaurant, plus the many innovative food and beverage offerings throughout the Downtown Disney District. Select restaurants in the Downtown Disney District also provide delivery services. For added convenience, guests of Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel and Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa can scan QR codes right from their in-room TV to access the links to those restaurants’ delivery webpages and order food and beverages that can be delivered right to the hotel lobbies.*

Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa is reopening popular dining locations Napa Rose and Storytellers Cafe for guests to enjoy while staying at the Disneyland Resort, and will be open to non-hotel guests as well. Starting May 28, 2021, guests can enjoy the warm, inviting ambiance at Napa Rose for in-person dinner. Known for its award-winning wine list, exemplary service and delectable dining, Napa Rose will feature both the prix fixe Vintner Menu and a la carte selections, where guests can savor wine country cuisine featuring dishes that honor California’s rich culinary bounty, artisan farmers and world-famous wine makers.

Guests can also enjoy hearty home-style favorites while dining at Storytellers Café, offering three-course meals for breakfast and dinner. Whether you’re hungry for an American Wagyu Burger or craving a classic Mickey Waffle, there’s something for everyone’s taste buds! Dining reservations are recommended and will be available for booking at a later date, so be sure to check back to the Disney Parks Blog or Disneyland.com. Character dining will not be featured at this time.

One other great feature that is returning May 28 to Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa is the special entrance to Disney California Adventure park for Disneyland Resort hotel guests who are visiting the park.**"

I take it they are confident out of state can come June 15.

Great dining news and happy the private entrance to DCA is returning!

AJFireman

I wonder if they want to keep DLH closed for a while to get started on building the DVC units with less disruption to guests?
I feel the same. Also have heard of room renovations happening right now.

Even back when they announced reopening last year they were not opening Disneyland Hotel right away so maybe its just part of their reopening plan. Could also be a staffing issue because they are only opening at limited capacity and no dining will be opened at Paradise Pier Hotel.

waltography

I'm really bad at updating this daily, but oh well. I only care about the capacities on the dates I'm going anyway. 😂 I didn't include July below because no dates have sold out in July.

Frame 27.png

fctiger

You know what would REALLY get people, including Legacy Pass holders back into DCA? Maybe lowering the ticket prices by about 30%. ;)

I was looking at the wait times for the parks on and off all day. I don't think a single ride in DCA ever went over 20 minutes. DL got up to 45 minutes with the HM, SM, Indy, etc but DCA the average wait time was 5-10 minutes all day including RSR and MB. I think at this point with practically available tickets for DCA pretty much open every day in this month with the exception of the weekends the hope is probably for both AC to give the park a big shot in the arm and my guess is will start allowing non-Californian guests in the parks after June 15th, ie, more vacationers.

And I do have to be fair in the sense DL still has GE which is pretty new to most people and of course ROTR which was barely 3 months old before the shut down, so that alone will just draw more people in And then the park got special renovations with SW and (I guess) HM. DCA hasn't gotten anything new pre or post Covid minus Pixar Pier and that's now a couple of years old. AC, including any special renovations. So it's probably DL just being a more attractive park in general, but there are still new things there people haven't done like ROTR, the biggest E ticket ride since Indy IMO.

But until AC open, I expect the park to be pretty dead for the next month.

ToTBellHop

I have not seen this discussed widely, but, as I expected, there are separate park reservations set aside for hotel guests (currently just Grand Californian) so those guests aren’t left with no where to go. Availability to 1-day ticket holders and park hoppers has been reported. Book on site and the world is your oyster.

87F316D4-7552-42B7-984D-B828F366F9BC.png

44411479-A60A-4AED-A060-9B5F98382B4B.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom