Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

waltography

I have not seen this discussed widely, but, as I expected, there are separate park reservations set aside for hotel guests (currently just Grand Californian) so those guests aren’t left with no where to go. Availability to 1-day ticket holders and park hoppers has been reported. Book on site and the world is your oyster.

View attachment 555390
View attachment 555391
And it could all be yours for as low as $500 a night. 😍

fctiger

I have not seen this discussed widely, but, as I expected, there are separate park reservations set aside for hotel guests (currently just Grand Californian) so those guests aren’t left with no where to go. Availability to 1-day ticket holders and park hoppers has been reported. Book on site and the world is your oyster.

View attachment 555390
View attachment 555391

It still just utterly bonkers to me. Why not just give them automatic reservations when they book the hotel room?? Why not just have that be an automatic perk why you are spending $4-500 a day to be there? You're ONLY there to go to the parks in the first place, so make it just part of the package. Things like that is what makes a person decide to stay at a Disney resort versus the Sheraton or Marriot down the street when you can save literally hundreds of dollars a day on those other hotels.

But I still don't think it would be asking too much to give those people automatic ROTR passes either. I don't know, maybe I'm just expecting too much, but it seems like it's just basic things like this that can get more people to stay, especially since old perks like magic mornings is currently not happening.

ToTBellHop

It still just utterly bonkers to me. Why not just give them automatic reservations when they book the hotel room?? Why not just have that be an automatic perk why you are spending $4-500 a day to be there? You're ONLY there to go to the parks in the first place, so make it just part of the package. Things like that is what makes a person decide to stay at a Disney resort versus the Sheraton or Marriot down the street when you can save literally hundreds of dollars a day on those other hotels.

But I still don't think it would be asking too much to give those people automatic ROTR passes either. I don't know, maybe I'm just expecting too much, but it seems like it's just basic things like this that can get more people to stay, especially since old perks like magic mornings is currently not happening.
Yes, it is bonkers that the CMs don’t even market this separate bucket of reservations. They will rudely say to someone on the phone, “just go to Downtown Disney.”

Seriously? I understand not guaranteeing any reservation a guest would like, but it is odd that they aren’t marketing this separate bucket as a perk. Perhaps it is because there is the OOS restriction right now but they want OOS DVC members to stay at the Villas.

TP2000

Yes and they feel comfortable having it share some of GCH’s amenities. If they open DLH, a lot more comes with it, likely including the monorail.

That's probably it exactly. Re-opening the DLH is a beast, and will require a lot of spendy extras to be re-opened with it in order to justify the prices charged.

This whole thing is just a giant mess. It never should have gotten to this point with a 13+ month long closure, but here they are. I don't envy TDA in the slightest right now. I can't even keep up with threads like this any longer, I've given up trying. 🥳

But... what I do know from personal experience today, is that it is an absolutely GORGEOUS spring weekend unfolding here in SoCal! If you are in Orange County or thereabouts, it's beautiful weather and will be all weekend long. Clear blue skies, sea breeze, high of 74 degrees each day, with a low of 58 perfect for backyard bonfires and S'mores. Get out there and enjoy this gorgeous weather we pay so much for here! Happy Mother's Day to all the Disneyland Moms out there, and have a great weekend gang! Enjoy life, get outside!! :D

TP2000

Here's how I know that Disneyland's marketing team has lost its grip on me. A Tweet like this comes out...

And the first thing that hit my brain was not "they're struggling with this reservation thing" or "DCA still needs help", but instead I only thought... "Is that seriously how the kids are serving their Liver Pate' nowadays? Just smeared on the platter like a toddler playing with his food???" 🤣

Seriously, you can buy gorgeous little ceramic ramekins at Williams-Sonoma for like 3 bucks. I make my own chicken liver cognac pate' every few weeks for entertaining, and you just put it in a little ceramic ramekin and it looks so chic and custom. But smeared all over the cheeseboard looking like... well, something unappetizing??? Pate' belongs in ramekins, people, pate' belongs in ramekins! ;)

the.dreamfinder

This whole thing is just a giant mess. It never should have gotten to this point with a 13+ month long closure
1620430820545.jpeg

Nirya

Here's how I know that Disneyland's marketing team has lost its grip on me. A Tweet like this comes out...

And the first thing that hit my brain was not "they're struggling with this reservation thing" or "DCA still needs help", but instead I only thought... "Is that seriously how the kids are serving their Liver Pate' nowadays? Just smeared on the platter like a toddler playing with his food???" 🤣

Seriously, you can buy gorgeous little ceramic ramekins at Williams-Sonoma for like 3 bucks. I make my own chicken liver cognac pate' every few weeks for entertaining, and you just put it in a little ceramic ramekin and it looks so chic and custom. But smeared all over the cheeseboard looking like... well, something unappetizing??? Pate' belongs in ramekins, people, pate' belongs in ramekins! ;)

I hate to be the one to break it to you TP, but the kids these days don't really eat liver pate, and it is definitely not a standard inclusion on cheese boards nowadays. A more standard cheeseboard these days would feature a few more cured meats and a more spreadable cheese like brie.

Disney Analyst

I hate to be the one to break it to you TP, but the kids these days don't really eat liver pate, and it is definitely not a standard inclusion on cheese boards nowadays. A more standard cheeseboard these days would feature a few more cured meats and a more spreadable cheese like brie.

I am 30 and fine with the pate, but where is the grainy mustard? Or some delicious humus? Or honey?

But the pate smeared on seems very current. I’ve used pate in my boards.

MoonRakerSCM

They never put enough bread/crackers on these things...

I can take or leave the pate... but replace it with some Underwood deviled ham... now we're talkin'.

I just reserved and got tickets for park hopping on June 20th. Will see what all the hubub is about at this here 'Anaheim Resort'...

Sailor310

Hey, for you folks that have gone, how was it? Does Downtown Disney go nuts when the parks close?I keep looking here for some trip reports, but not so much.

CaptinEO

And why is that? I’m curious as to why you made this comment (even though I’m pretty sure I already know why), as I have exactly zero tattoos and am now planning to go on the Disney Store’s website today to see if I can find a price for this for purchasing.
Are you a castmember? Not sure where I mentioned your name in my post, but I was not referring to you.

This is a punk rock/ biker jacket. Both groups of which commonly have tatoos. So if I was a Disneyland employee going for the rocker or biker look and had a tattoo this would be a good addition.

I like this a lot even though I wouldn't wear it as it's much more unique than their other offerings which are John Lasseter esque Polos and Dresses with too many colors and characters.

Last edited:

DavidDL

Disneyland’s reservation availability seems to be constantly changing. I saw that park hoppers were available today (DCA starting park) so I bought two. But then, it said it was unavailable entirely for today.

I waited another 30 minutes and then, wouldn’t ya know, suddenly they were available again.

I guess what I’m trying to say is... I’m finally going back to Disneyland today!!

Californian Elitist

Are you a castmember? Not sure where I mentioned your name in my post, but I was not referring to you.

This is a punk rock/ biker jacket. Both groups of which commonly have tatoos. So if I was a Disneyland employee going for the rocker or biker look and had a tattoo this would be a good addition.

I like this a lot even though I wouldn't wear it as it's much more unique than their other offerings which are John Lasseter esque Polos and Dresses with too many colors and characters.

I know who you were referring to. I’m a previous cast member, not that that matters.

My assumptions were correct.

Californian Elitist

Disneyland’s reservation availability seems to be constantly changing. I saw that park hoppers were available today (DCA starting park) so I bought two. But then, it said it was unavailable entirely for today.

I waited another 30 minutes and then, wouldn’t ya know, suddenly they were available again.

I guess what I’m trying to say is... I’m finally going back to Disneyland today!!
Have fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom