Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I'm curious about Smuggler's Run. When I go in June I'll be by myself. Since there's no single rider, are they mixing groups in the cockpits at all? Will I be flying it by myself? That doesn't sound fun...or does it?
At WDW they are putting single riders in alone and the other positions are set to automatic.

TP2000

No excuse for the long waits to enter. Disneyland has been around 65 years and knows how many people it takes to run a park efficiently. Definitely a cheap out on their part.

They talked this big game up last year about how they have all the standards, resources, and protocols to operate safely, then make people wait in a mob together for an hour (when it can be completely avoided).

Yeah, I'm embarrassed for them. If Sacramento wanted to prove that private industry can't be trusted, creating massive crowds of people massed together at park entrance facilities two days in a row is great way to do it.

It's almost as if TDA needs a savvy leadership team dedicated solely to getting customers onto property, parked, screened, and processed through entry gates into the parks. Like someone in charge of the entire arrival experience.

Ladies and gentleman, a big round of applause for the Vice President of The Guest Arrival Experience!.... 🥳

Tamandua

Yeah, I'm embarrassed for them. If Sacramento wanted to prove that private industry can't be trusted, creating massive crowds of people massed together at park entrance facilities two days in a row is great way to do it.

It's almost as if TDA needs a savvy leadership team dedicated solely to getting customers onto property, parked, screened, and processed through entry gates into the parks. Like someone in charge of the entire arrival experience.

Ladies and gentleman, a big round of applause for the Vice President of The Guest Arrival Experience!.... 🥳

People arrived... And it was an experience. Mission complete. Get this man a bonus!

waltography

Do they still paw through your bags or did they get that thing working where you just want through a scanner and don’t have to open your bag???
From what I've heard they still look through your bag, but you can request they change gloves and you can also request they just use their flashlight to poke around rather than handling the bag with their hands.

CaptinEO

I think its so odd that a person actively managing this role has had a year off to prepare for this, and this is the result. He was already underperforming before covid.

Even touch of disney lines didn't make him rethink the "entry experience". It has to be intentional at this point. No way are they "surprised and overwhelmed" by the amount of people showing up.

How can a park with reservations required not be adequately prepared? They literally know the exact number of people showing up each day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom