Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

Tamandua

Staff is so overwhelmed that you can't even talk to anyone on the phone. After 4 minutes of recorded messages it just says the call queue is closed and to try again later.

DLR>WDW

They should really be opening at 7:30 if they can't manage the flow, especially if people need to be in the park before 9 for ROTR.
Ah, you can reserve your ROTR boarding group at 7AM from anywhere now. Thanks to the reservation system, they don’t need you to scan in to verify your attendance anymore.

Also, Disney is allegedly planning to open the structure this Fri, Sat, and Sun at 6AM.

Last edited:

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Interesting! I thought indoor dining at theme parks couldn’t reopen due to the current guidelines.
Orange and Yellow tier can to a limited capacity.

1619720131740.png

waltography

If Blue Bayou opens soon then I might trade up my Cafe Orleans reservation for that. I'm indifferent towards the new AP until I see what it entails.

Just listening to the podcast, Ken Potrock who helped on the transformation from Downtown Disney to Disney Springs mentioned what they learned from that project; and hints at the potential Disneyland’s Downtown Disney has.

He teased that that was a hint of what’s to come in the future.
I personally think DTD needs a rethink and refresh; I like Disney Springs so I'd be excited to see how our DTD can follow up with that.

CaptinEO

I also like Disney Springs. I saw Florida DtD a few years before the transformation and it was a mess.

Downtown Disney was dated even the day it opened. I'm sure they'll have some good improvements for it.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Speaking of tiers, it looks like Orange County missed the yellow tier this week by 0.6 cases per 100,000 to get it to the needed 2 cases per 100,000 to qualify. The other two metrics; Testing Positivity % and Health Equity % were low enough to qualify.

To put this into perspective, the population of Orange County is approx. 3,176,000 (at least as of 2019, but close enough). Divide that by 100,000 and you get 31.76 (the number of people per 100,000) and then you multiply that by the number of cases per 100,000 they missed it by (0.6), that means if just 20 fewer people out of the 3.1 million residents of Orange County didn't test positive for Covid-19, Disneyland would have opened up in the yellow tier.

20 people.

Tamandua

Speaking of tiers, it looks like Orange County missed the yellow tier this week by 0.6 cases per 100,000 to get it to the needed 2 cases per 100,000 to qualify. The other two metrics; Testing Positivity % and Health Equity % were low enough to qualify.

To put this into perspective, the population of Orange County is approx. 3,176,000 (at least as of 2019, but close enough). Divide that by 100,000 and you get 31.76 (the number of people per 100,000) and then you multiply that by the number of cases per 100,000 they missed it by (0.6), that means if just 20 fewer people out of the 3.1 million residents of Orange County didn't test positive for Covid-19, Disneyland would have opened up in the yellow tier.

20 people.
How long until they throw this ridiculously inconsistent system out the window? I know they said June 15 but I think it will be sooner.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
How long until they throw this ridiculously inconsistent system out the window? I know they said June 15 but I think it will be sooner.
Like, I get that they try and justify the "out of 100,000" people thing because viruses can spread exponentially, but if you're just 20 people away from a tier change and the tier system is supposedly going away in 6 weeks anyway, why hold the county hostage at the next higher tier level for another week (or more), especially when it's been trending down over the past two months (though it has come to a crawl in the past month but is still trending down).

el_super

Like, I get that they try and justify the "out of 100,000" people thing because viruses can spread exponentially, but if you're just 20 people away from a tier change and the tier system is supposedly going away in 6 weeks anyway, why hold the county hostage at the next higher tier level for another week (or more), especially when it's been trending down over the past two months (though it has come to a crawl in the past month but is still trending down).

The rules are the rules. They have to be concerned about potential increase of virus transmission, and Disneyland's reopening is going to be the prime cause of any increase.

J4546

Just listening to the podcast, Ken Potrock who helped on the transformation from Downtown Disney to Disney Springs mentioned what they learned from that project; and hints at the potential Disneyland’s Downtown Disney has.

He teased that that was a hint of what’s to come in the future.
can you summarize whats hypotheticaly coming to downtown disney from the podcast you heard?

DrAlice

You also have to be at a level for 2 weeks before moving down a tier. AND..,.. the case rate is adjusted for the number of tests performed in the county that week, so it isn't an exact number.

What I'm saying is, being upset over the blueprint is like yelling at the wind. It will be over by June 15. Be patient. It seems like Disney doesn't have the staffing to ramp up yet anyway.

waltography

A lot of stores got refreshed not too long ago. I don't know what else they could do.
That's true, but the overall appearance and feel of Downtown Disney is stuck in the 2000s in my opinion; it's not much different that Irvine Spectrum across the way (and in fact I prefer Spectrum's style over Downtown Disney's). And with the AMC Theater/ESPN/Rainforest Cafe area being a completely dead wing this is a great opportunity to just restart.

I'd love for Downtown Disney to have the type of conceptual themeing Disney Springs has, where it feels like a pseudo-land but is also squarely a shopping district. I'd even be fine if they fleshed out the World of Disney backstory they have of it being a former train depot and taking architectural cues from that.

Disney Analyst

can you summarize whats hypotheticaly coming to downtown disney from the podcast you heard?

He didn't say, what he said word for word was:

"What I would tell you now that I am out here at Disneyland Anaheim, is that many of the things we learned and accomplished with Disney Springs, there is so much potential here at Downtown Disney, and I am really excited for what Downtown Disney will become in its next chapter, so that's uh.. a little bit of a teaser".

If you want to listen to the episode:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom