News Disneyland modifies mask policy - UPDATE 7/28/21

ImperfectPixie

I'm not in an at risk category for covid. There's virtually no chance of any real harm from covid for me, whereas there's some chance of harm from the vaccines. The people in my family who took it had severe reactions after each dose. At the very least I'd expect to be sick for several days after each dose. Stop being a vaccine tyrant and acknowledge that it doesn't make sense for everyone.
Stop spreading anti-vaxx garbage. Unless there is a legitimate medical reason for not taking the vaccine (not just "I don't want to feel gross for a couple of days"), you are part of the problem.

Tamandua

Stop spreading anti-vaxx garbage. Unless there is a legitimate medical reason for not taking the vaccine, you are part of the problem.
In Los Angeles County alone, hundreds of thousands of people never went back for their second dose because the first was so unpleasant.

ImperfectPixie

In Los Angeles County alone, hundreds of thousands of people never went back for their second dose because the first was so unpleasant.

Awwww...did their arms hurt and did they get a wittle temperature?

Suck it up, buttercup. Better to feel like crap for a couple of days than to risk ending up with diabetes, ED, organ issues, etc. etc...not to mention that it would be nice IF WE ALL PUT IN THE EFFORT TO END THE PANDEMIC.

Tamandua

Suck it up, buttercup. Better to feel like crap for a couple of days than to risk ending up with diabetes, ED, organ issues, etc. etc...not to mention that it would be nice IF WE ALL PUT IN THE EFFORT TO END THE PANDEMIC.
My sister was confined to her bed for three days with a fever after each dose, with worse symptoms than when she had covid.

I can't afford to be out sick for days after each dose. I actually have a job and responsibilties unlike so many vaccine warriors out there.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

What is the cost of freedom? The lives of the millions of soldiers who died over the history of our country to win and preserve our freedoms pales in comparison to the number of covid deaths, especially when you subtract deaths primarily caused by other factors. I believe freedom is worth a lot more than a little safety, especially when the threat isn't that great and the freedom we trade has not seemed to help much given the data over the last year and a half.

Why would we subtract the the deaths of those with comorbidities if their deaths were still preventable? Who are we to determine the quality of their life?

If folks believe the freedom outweighs the safety that is understandable but that’s a case that these folks should make to their fellow citizens to change hearts and minds of other fellow Americans who have already made a small sacrifice to get vaccinated. Try to the moral case for why they believe their fellow citizens should get vaccinated, but they don’t have to.

With the exception of those who can’t get the vaccine for medical reasons, if anyone believes willingly unvaccinated individuals should be treated as a special/protected class for their stubbornness then they should change your elected officials through the electoral process. To which I say good luck!

We’re a nation of self governance, after all.

el_super

To be fair, some people had issues with scheduling and access that prevented them from coming back for a second dose. Some had transportation problems. Some couldn't work from home, and couldn't take time off to recover from even just mild symptoms. They are all legitimate concerns and we all need to work better to make sure we can have better access to the vaccine (which in a lot of cases we do now).

What it does not equate to in any way, is an unwillingness to get the vaccine or a disbelief that the vaccine works, which seems to be what is implied here.

Tamandua

Why would we subtract the the deaths of those with comorbidities if their deaths were still preventable? Who are we to determine the quality of their life?

If folks believe the freedom outweighs the safety that is understandable but that’s a case that these folks should make to their fellow citizens to change hearts and minds of other fellow Americans who have already made a small sacrifice to get vaccinated. Try to the moral case for why they believe their fellow citizens should get vaccinated, but they don’t have to.

With the exception of those who can’t get the vaccine for medical reasons, if anyone believes willingly unvaccinated individuals should be treated as a special/protected class for their stubbornness then they should change your elected officials through the electoral process. To which I say good luck!

We’re a nation of self governance, after all.
I don't want to hear about getting vaccinated as a sacrifice after all the sacrifices and hardships that were forced on my family over the last year and a half. As far as I'm concerned, we've more than done our part and now we're done. Apparently none of the sacrifices we made did much good if you look at the numbers, and I'm not about to give up any more.

ImperfectPixie

To be fair, some people had issues with scheduling and access that prevented them from coming back for a second dose. Some had transportation problems. Some couldn't work from home, and couldn't take time off to recover from even just mild symptoms. They are all legitimate concerns and we all need to work better to make sure we can have better access to the vaccine (which in a lot of cases we do now).

What it does not equate to in any way, is an unwillingness to get the vaccine or a disbelief that the vaccine works, which seems to be what is implied here.
I'm not making light of people who have legit problems getting their second jab...I never would.

I'm making light of people (I know some) who seriously feel like a 24-hour fever and sore arm is just too much to go through.

Wendy Pleakley

My sister was confined to her bed for three days with a fever after each dose, with worse symptoms than when she had covid.

I can't afford to be out sick for days after each dose. I actually have a job and responsibilties unlike so many vaccine warriors out there.

Multiple sick days post vaccine is the exception, not the norm.

With a vaccine, at least people can plan ahead a bit. I was a bit ill for a day after my first dose so I factored that in when getting my second dose. Didn't want to leave any urgent pieces of work knowing there was a good chance it would fall on someone else's lap.

If one catches COVID, it's more likely to stop them from meeting their responsibilities for longer than a day or two. The preferred choice seems clear.

Besides, sick days happen. If missing work causes a crisis, that's a failure to plan.

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

With a vaccine, at least people can plan ahead a bit. I was a bit ill for a day after my first dose so I factored that in when getting my second dose. Didn't want to leave any urgent pieces of work knowing there was a good chance it would fall on someone else's lap.

If one catches COVID, it's more likely to stop them from meeting their responsibilities for a day or two. The preferred choice seems clear.

Besides, sick days happen. If missing work causes a crisis, that's a failure to plan.
Yup. We did ours on Fridays specifically so no work would be missed if we felt under the weather.

DrAlice

All I will say is this:
Please, please, please, if you haven't gotten vaccinated yet (and you can), go do it. The sooner we reach 70-80% vaccination rates in the population, the sooner we will be over all this business. That's really all this is about. Millions and millions of doses have been adminstered around the planet already and there isn't a mass die-off of vaccinated people. You will be fine. Please, let's end this thing already!

And again, I'm going to peace out of this thread for my own mental health. Ignore me if you must, but I wouldn't feel good about myself if I didn't, once again, advocate for vaccines.

Carry on..... Play nice...

fctiger

Some people have been confined to bed for months after getting Covid. Look I know what you're trying to say, but end of the day when it comes to bad effects of a vaccine versus bad effects of the actual virus, the vaccine is still going to win out every freaking time.

But this is also the problem, people think they can just avoid catching the virus where as they feel they are putting themselves directly at harm's way if they take the vaccine that is meant to stop the virus. It's still really screwy logic to me, but yes I get it. I just think it's still ridiculous knowing HOW contagious it is and your chances of catching it and DYING are faaaaar less once you have the vaccine.

Parteecia

It's been a while since I took a drug development class in college, but wouldn't putting it "on a sugar cube" be impossible?
Thanks for making me feel ancient. I am from those days where it felt like we lined up on a regular basis at school for shots (I don't remember if objecting was an option) and the sugar cube was a welcome change. I thought it was common knowledge but then I'm old.

DLR92

If one catches COVID, it's more likely to stop them from meeting their responsibilities for longer than a day or two. The preferred choice seems clear.

And some employers offer paid sick leave. I use it, not ashamed to use more of it when I absolutely need it! I don’t care if my employer get upset I missed the days off but my boss can suck it.

fctiger

In case I have not been clear, I support the vaccine. I think if you’re afraid of getting Covid, you should absolutely get the vaccine, I just don’t believe you should be forced and cut off from society to get it. I think that’s a pretty fair stance.

I don't disagree with that too much. Sure I don't think it should be made mandatory either. BUT, and this is a huge one, you also can't be upset if you have a job that requires you to be vaccinated or to enter a restaurant that wants you to show proof and on and on.

This is what gets lost in this discussion. We hear people say over and over again they don't want to take the vaccine because of 'freedom'. Well, um, it works both ways. Just like that person has the freedom to not take it, others have the SAME freedoms not to employ them or give them access for also not taking it.

Up until now, every company out there was working on the honor system, for both testing and vaccinations. Well that honor system is clearly failing. The people who are defiant against it are mostly so because their life hasn't been directly affected by not having it (outside of catching the virus and dying that is). But come the days they are told they can't keep their jobs without one as some are doing now, can't send their kids to school without one or the biggest offense at all, can't enter a theme park without one, then we will see attitudes change on this very quickly.

So yeah, I'm at a point now that no one should be mandatory to get it but others SHOULD have the freedom to make it mandatory at their place of business or school if this is the ONLY way to keep cases down. That hasn't happen yet, but it's clearly going that direction now and frankly it should've been going that direction for months already.

Stevek

For the love of God.

For the umpteen millionth time...the safety data used for EUA is exactly the same safety data that is used for full authorization. There is no missing data, they don't need to collect more, it's all already there.

The clinical studies were not rushed. The only difference between the clinical studies for COVID vaccines and other clinical studies is that the three levels of studies were run at the same time instead of one at a time.

Time for some of us to give it a rest. People have created their own truths...which I'm sure they will say about us as well.

Frustrated Head GIF

ImperfectPixie

Time for some of us to give it a rest. People have created their own truths...which I'm sure they will say about us as well.

Frustrated Head GIF
Sorry. I will always fight against anti-vaxx garbage.

Being told your sons are autistic because you chose to vaccinate them hurts even if you know it isn't true. (I did my research and read all the studies when I was pregnant with my oldest.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom