News Disneyland modifies mask policy - UPDATE 7/28/21

Stevek

The “fake news” folks reaallyyy anger me. Had a now ex-friend who told me my family members didn’t really die of COVID and that they must have died from something else. No friend has ever disrespected me like that. I cut him off shortly after that fun conversation.

I remember when my mom told me my uncle had passed, my heart and stomach dropped 50 feet. I had just heard him on the phone the day before and although he was in the hospital, he didn’t sound bad at all. He was dead after one freaking day. You really just never know. And sometimes it’s going to take someone dying to get these folks to get vaccinated and take proper precautions.
Yep, it's pathetic. We had a friends who's father was in great health, got Covid and suffered incredibly for weeks. This family literally watched this strong, vibrant family leader go through terrible pain and suffering but folks here will lead you to believe there is nothing to worry about. I just can't rationalize the complete lack of compassion...but maybe the past 4 years have taught me never to be surprised.

TragicMike

The anti-vaxx folks don't care about the nearly 4 million dead so far because it's got a "99% survival rate" and they "know" they'll be in that 99% range, not the 1% like this guy.

Until they lose a friend or family member from it, they won't care...and maybe some won't care after that.
One of the reasons why Benjamin Franklin, sorry, Tyrant Ben Frank, took the issue of public health measures during pandemics so vigorously was because his 4-year-old son died from smallpox and wasn't inoculated against it.

"In 1736 I lost one of my sons, a fine boy of four years old, by the smallpox taken in the common way. I long regretted bitterly and still regret that I had not given it to him by inoculation. This I mention for the sake of the parents who omit that operation, on the supposition that they should never forgive themselves if a child died under it; my example showing that the regret may be the same either way, and that, therefore, the safer should be chosen."

Sad that so many of these "patriots" are ignorant of their own country's history to be throwing out 1984 hyperbole.

Stevek

One of the reasons why Benjamin Franklin, sorry, Tyrant Ben Frank, took the issue of public health measures during pandemics so vigorously was because his 4-year-old son died from smallpox and wasn't inoculated against it.

"In 1736 I lost one of my sons, a fine boy of four years old, by the smallpox taken in the common way. I long regretted bitterly and still regret that I had not given it to him by inoculation. This I mention for the sake of the parents who omit that operation, on the supposition that they should never forgive themselves if a child died under it; my example showing that the regret may be the same either way, and that, therefore, the safer should be chosen."

Sad that so many of these "patriots" are ignorant of their own country's history to be throwing out 1984 hyperbole.
These so-called Patriots are anything but...without going down that rabbit hole.

Emmanuel

Was at DL and DCA this past Saturday. Mask compliance indoors appear to be high. At an indoor attraction with both an outdoor and indoor queue, CMs are telling guests over the speaker to have a face covering on prior to going inside. Some Cast Members have free masks to give out as indicated in todays MiceChat article for those that don't have one (likely those that weren't aware of the new rule) which I saw when someone boarded Snow White. Food and drink must be finished or put away before going indoors in attractions.

Saw a bit more mask wearing outdoors than my previous trip back in July.

Tamandua

Are your seriously comparing small pox, a disease with a 30% or higher death rate, with covid-19, which has a death rate under 1%?

Tamandua

No, all it shows is your complete lack of empathy for the dead and families that have lost loved ones. None of us have lived through anything of this magnitude in our lifetime and people like you continue to think it's not a big deal because of your survivability stats. I, probably like many others here, find it pathetic and inhumane that you think pointing out millions of deaths is nonsense.

Perhaps the fact that you are now in the minority regarding % of population vaccinated means you're the one being manipulated by any made up anti-vaxx message you can find on the internet.
This is a ridiculous argument. It's like saying you have no sympathy for the victims of car accidents if you continue to drive a car. Sure... You have a 99+% chance of not getting into an accident, but you should not drive because someone will eventually beat the odds and die. Time to give up cars, everyone.

Stevek

This is a ridiculous argument. It's like saying you have no sympathy for the victims of car accidents if you continue to drive a car. Sure... You have a 99+% chance of not getting into an accident, but you should not drive because someone will eventually beat the odds and die. Time to give up cars, everyone.
Not even remotely the same but once again, you and others twist things to fit your narrative.

DrAlice

Fun facts!

Good old Ben was lamenting his failure to use variolation (not vaccination) on his son. Vaccination did not exist in 1736. Instead, what people did was take (WARNING, this gets gross - stop reading now if you must) the ground up scabs of small pox survivors and then either blow them up the nose or wipe them into open cuts of healthy people. The thinking was that if a person was infected with small pox from someone that survived, it was likely a less deadly version than what they might catch out in the open. This practice was eventually banned because it had a 1-2% mortality rate in healthy people. (We would NEVER accept those kind of statistics from modern vaccines.)

True vaccination, which uses a killed microbe, part of a microbe, or a different microbe entirely in the inoculation, didn't exist until 1796 when Edward Jenner experimented on his gardener's kid with cowpox scabs from a milkmaid. :)

This concludes my TED talk. Carry on....

PS @TragicMike I don't mean to steal any thunder from your argument. I just really like sharing this bit of history because I'm a nerd. :D

el_super

True vaccination, which uses a killed microbe, part of a microbe, or a different microbe entirely in the inoculation, didn't exist until 1796 when Edward Jenner experimented on his gardener's kid with cowpox scabs from a milkmaid. :)

In this context, it seems outrageous to just shun 200 plus years of human trials, suffering, and downright science ... Just because of ... Well there really isn't any good excuse is there?

truecoat

Fun facts!

Good old Ben was lamenting his failure to use variolation (not vaccination) on his son. Vaccination did not exist in 1736. Instead, what people did was take (WARNING, this gets gross - stop reading now if you must) the ground up scabs of small pox survivors and then either blow them up the nose or wipe them into open cuts of healthy people. The thinking was that if a person was infected with small pox from someone that survived, it was likely a less deadly version than what they might catch out in the open. This practice was eventually banned because it had a 1-2% mortality rate in healthy people. (We would NEVER accept those kind of statistics from modern vaccines.)

This concludes my TED talk. Carry on....

PS @TragicMike I don't mean to steal any thunder from your argument. I just really like sharing this bit of history because I'm a nerd. :D

@DrAlice tell us how the current vaccine works. It uses a different process than this?

CaptinEO

Californian Elitist

John park hopper

My cousin who is close to my age and his wife and daughter and granddaughter went to Tampa for a vacation all but got covid. All but the granddaughter were vaccinated.

Tamandua

Again, no one has ever claimed that the vaccine 100% protects folks from getting the virus. It minimizes deathly cases.

But you know this.
So if you're still likely to get and spread covid but you were never at risk of having a deadly case, then what's the point?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom