News Disneyland modifies mask policy - UPDATE 7/28/21

SSG

'Half'

morgan freeman GIF

Tamandua

Yes. Half.

Overall, 163,588,042 people or 50% of the population have been fully vaccinated.

CaptinEO

Everyone imagines its these old white conspiracy type people that arent getting vaccinated or wearing masks when its actually the young people (teens/20s) as well as more ethnic neighborhoods.

Heck look at the lolapalooza music festival that happened this weekend.

The 100 dollars isnt enough to convince the younger crowd. Maybe they can offer an exclusive snapchat filter?

My problem with the incentives in general is that it means next pandemic people will hold out to get prizes.

Last edited:

SplashGhost

As a millennial, I have been fully vaccinated since May, I have to wonder what is holding the Gen Z people back from getting vaccinated.

Tamandua

Everyone imagines its these old white conspiracy type people that arent getting vaccinated or wearing masks when its actually the young people (teens/20s) as well as more ethnic neighborhoods.

Heck look at the lolapalooza music festival that happened this weekend.

The 100 dollars isnt enough to convince the younger crowd. Maybe they can offer an exclusive snapchat filter?

My problem with the incentives in general is that it means next pandemic people will hold out to get prizes.
People act like it's some fringe group of conspiracy theorists not getting vaccinated. It's literally half the country, including many doctors and nurses. My cousin is a nurse and she said she'd quit her job before taking it.

Curious Constance

That's good news. So everyone that's vaccinated can rest easy and leave everyone else alone.
We’ve already learned why this statement isn’t true and reaching herd immunity is our only way out. @DrAlice wrote some fantastic posts a few pages back. Rather than repeat the same things over and over in a cycle only to have someone say this same thing at the end, you should go back and read them.

Stevek

Really? This is the route you're going to take?

Then I'm sorry, how many more dead Americans is it going to take until this becomes important to YOU?
The anti-vaxx folks don't care about the nearly 4 million dead so far because it's got a "99% survival rate" and they "know" they'll be in that 99% range, not the 1% like this guy.

Until they lose a friend or family member from it, they won't care...and maybe some won't care after that.

Stevek

We're over a year into the pandemic and this is still the argument you're taking?

"How many dead Americans is it going to take for you to care about [insert deadly incidents here]?"

Such a nonsense argument that means nothing. It's manipulation at the laziest form.
No, all it shows is your complete lack of empathy for the dead and families that have lost loved ones. None of us have lived through anything of this magnitude in our lifetime and people like you continue to think it's not a big deal because of your survivability stats. I, probably like many others here, find it pathetic and inhumane that you think pointing out millions of deaths is nonsense.

Perhaps the fact that you are now in the minority regarding % of population vaccinated means you're the one being manipulated by any made up anti-vaxx message you can find on the internet.

Californian Elitist

The anti-vaxx folks don't care about the nearly 4 million dead so far because it's got a "99% survival rate" and they "know" they'll be in that 99% range, not the 1% like this guy.

Until they lose a friend or family member from it, they won't care...and maybe some won't care after that.
I saw a video on this story two days ago and I feel so bad for this man’s family. The video ended right when one of his sons started balling his eyes out during the interview. Glad it ended there.😔

Stevek

I saw a video on this story two days ago and I feel so bad for this man’s family. The video ended right when one of his sons started balling his eyes out during the interview. Glad it ended there.😔
But I'm sure our friends here will just tell us it's more media manipulation, fake news, blah blah blah. It's a tragedy and points out no matter what age you are, you're still at a much greater risk without the vaccine. But folks just need to keep hanging on to their survivability stat while more and more die. Oh wait, I can't say that because it's "Such a nonsense argument that means nothing. It's manipulation at the laziest form."

Californian Elitist

But I'm sure our friends here will just tell us it's more media manipulation, fake news, blah blah blah. It's a tragedy and points out no matter what age you are, you're still at a much greater risk without the vaccine. But folks just need to keep hanging on to their survivability stat while more and more die. Oh wait, I can't say that because it's "Such a nonsense argument that means nothing. It's manipulation at the laziest form."
The “fake news” folks reaallyyy anger me. Had a now ex-friend who told me my family members didn’t really die of COVID and that they must have died from something else. No friend has ever disrespected me like that. I cut him off shortly after that fun conversation.

I remember when my mom told me my uncle had passed, my heart and stomach dropped 50 feet. I had just heard him on the phone the day before and although he was in the hospital, he didn’t sound bad at all. He was dead after one freaking day. You really just never know. And sometimes it’s going to take someone dying to get these folks to get vaccinated and take proper precautions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom