News Disneyland modifies mask policy - UPDATE 7/28/21

DrAlice

Because they can also spread virus if they get sick (because vaccines aren't 100% effective) and with everyone maskless, spread was then too great. It really is too bad we can’t verify status. Maybe it won’t be political suicide to do so once kids can get the vaccine in the fall. Or maybe we will all just refuse to listen at that point. Right now, I’m doing it for the kids. I have run out of compassion for adults. There are, indeed, children on ventilators as we type. I can wear a mask for them until they can get the shot.

Just a nitpicky fix. :)

ToTBellHop

Are there really? I feel like the media would be all over that. Then again, I don’t watch very much news.
It’s been in the news. 2 on ventilators in AR, for example. It’s “just” 2, but they are kids. I can wear a mask indoors until those kids get another option. It won’t be long.

24 kids total hospitalized in AR, by the way. Not huge numbers, but not zero. And it isn’t the kids’ fault. Multiple hospitals in the southeast are reporting record numbers of pediatric COVID-19 hospitalizations.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

So far as I'm concerned, once the deaths start mounting in Florida, AND THEY WILL, Disney & Universal become enablers in the Governor's little political game of, How Many People Can I Kill To Achieve Herd Immunity Through Infection?

They are a HUGE lifeline to his authority. Without them, the economy in FL takes a tremendous hit. Sure, there would be a degree of self sacrifice, but in the end, it would be for the greater good. Shut the parks down.

If anything is going to force that state's Governor to take this seriously, perhaps the thing he worship's most, $$$$$$$$$$, would allow him to get religion.
1627778313658.png

ToTBellHop

If I were a man locked in a cellar and all I knew about the outside world was from your posts, this is what I would think the world looked like.
View attachment 576390

Thankfully, the world does not look like this and still hasn't despite over a year of pandemic. My advice? Turn off your computers, turn off your TV's, and go outside and enjoy the beautiful world we've been given and embrace your fellow man! Trust me, you'll be a lot happier when you stop caring about things that do not effect you and you cannot control and instead focus on what is around you at this very moment.
It doesn’t, although I won’t soon forget refrigerated trucks packed full of bodies. Thank goodness we don’t have 600k reanimated corpses.

TragicMike

What is the cost of freedom? The lives of the millions of soldiers who died over the history of our country to win and preserve our freedoms pales in comparison to the number of covid deaths, especially when you subtract deaths primarily caused by other factors. I believe freedom is worth a lot more than a little safety, especially when the threat isn't that great and the freedom we trade has not seemed to help much given the data over the last year and a half.
I know you’re trying to pull the ol’ “I’m a proud American fighting for our rights 🇺🇸 🦅 “ card but even the Founding Fathers would be disappointed in you:

1775 - General Washington uses 100 Soldiers to quarantine the city of Boston and restrict all travel.

1776 - the forced inoculation of the entire Northern Army

1777- the mandatory inoculation of all Continental Soldiers and militiamen

1777 - Thomas Jefferson drafts a mandatory inoculation law for citizens of Virginia

1770s- early 1780s - mandatory isolation and hospitalizations for anybody symptomatic.

1793 - Benjamin Rush and James Monroe assist in enacting quarantining refugees from Philadelphia. Those breaking quarantine are jailed with assistance of citizen patrols, particularly in New York, Baltimore, and Norfolk. Havre de Grace sinks anybody crossing the river into Maryland.

1780s until the end of life - Benjamin Franklin advocates for stringent public health measures in the face of epidemics. Dr. Rush pushes for government mandates on sanitation.

1813 - True to his words in the Constitution about ‘promote the General Welfare’, James Madison signs -and Congress Authorizes- the government funding of vaccines for all citizens under ‘An Act to Encourage Vaccination’ and the formation of the National Vaccine Institute

But go ahead and tell me that James Madison, Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson are all tyrants and how YOU’RE a true patriot.

mickEblu

Doctor on the news right now:

"The vaccine is a seatbelt. A seatbelt doesn't stop you from getting into an accident. But if you are in an accident, a seatbelt can prevent you from dying from that accident."

Seems simple enough.

True also using this analogy some people seem to think that if I don’t wear my seatbelt in my car it can kill you in your car.

Tamandua

I know you’re trying to pull the ol’ “I’m a proud American fighting for our rights 🇺🇸 🦅 “ card but even the Founding Fathers would be disappointed in you:

1775 - General Washington uses 100 Soldiers to quarantine the city of Boston and restrict all travel.

1776 - the forced inoculation of the entire Northern Army

1777- the mandatory inoculation of all Continental Soldiers and militiamen

1777 - Thomas Jefferson drafts a mandatory inoculation law for citizens of Virginia

1770s- early 1780s - mandatory isolation and hospitalizations for anybody symptomatic.

1793 - Benjamin Rush and James Monroe assist in enacting quarantining refugees from Philadelphia. Those breaking quarantine are jailed with assistance of citizen patrols, particularly in New York, Baltimore, and Norfolk. Havre de Grace sinks anybody crossing the river into Maryland.

1780s until the end of life - Benjamin Franklin advocates for stringent public health measures in the face of epidemics. Dr. Rush pushes for government mandates on sanitation.

1813 - True to his words in the Constitution about ‘promote the General Welfare’, James Madison signs -and Congress Authorizes- the government funding of vaccines for all citizens under ‘An Act to Encourage Vaccination’ and the formation of the National Vaccine Institute

But go ahead and tell me that James Madison, Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson are all tyrants and how YOU’RE a true patriot.
Quarantine for what? Innoculations for what?

A virus with a greater than 99% survival rate? Absolutely not. Stop trying to rewrite history.

SSG

NY Times Poll:

People who say they would be more likely to get vaccinated if they got $100 cash: 14%

People who say they would be more likely to get vaccinated if it was required to fly: 41%

Mandate the vaccine. Get on with it. The rest is just harmful noise.

EDIT: In case the import escapes some, these are not people with deeply held convictions or health worries. These are people with moderate oppositional defiance but who don't want to be inconvenienced in any way.

Last edited:

the_rich

NY Times Poll:

People who say they would be more likely to get vaccinated if they got $100 cash: 14%

People who say they would be more likely to get vaccinated if it was required to fly: 41%

Mandate the vaccine. Get on with it. The rest is just harmful noise.

EDIT: In case the import escapes some, these are not people with deeply held convictions or health worries. These are people with moderate oppositional defiance but who don't want to be inconvenienced in any way.
There were people I work with who said they had "concerns" about the shot. Then my job started to give two paid days off after each shot and they started getting it. So they really weren't concerned about the shot if a couple day off work was enough to sway them.

Kyle’s Dad Sent Me

I wonder how long vaccines would actually be required to fly, if they ever are implemented. For all eternity? Seems kind of silly to be asking for Covid-19 vaccine passes for the next 50 years. Why not likewise have a vaccine check for chicken pox or measles on planes? Anyway, 41% of unvaccinated really isn't that many or enough to reach that 75% we need for herd immunity. Also worth noting, even though those polled said they're more likely to get it if it's required for flying, that only becomes a motivator the next they fly. For all we know, those questioned may not go on a flight for another three years, and only then would they get the vaccine, which is certainly not soon enough.
No one is asking for a COVID vaccine mandate on airlines for the next 50 years lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom