News Disneyland modifies mask policy - UPDATE 7/28/21

Stevek

Giving up your freedom of choice over a virus that has a 99% survival rate. THAT is crazy.

But I suppose the double standard of "my body, my choice" is only valid if you are killing people, not saving them. It's a virtue signaler's paradise. If this whole thing wasn't about proving conservatives wrong, it would have been over long ago like H1N1 outbreak.

Double the panic = double the testing = double the knowledge of infected, even if it hasn't changed in reality.

A month ago all the major news outlets were telling us that the vaccine was just as effective against the delta variant as it was the alpha. Now Google is hiding the results like Eric Swalwell was trying to hide his fart.
4.2 million souls worldwide that families will never see again. I could give a rats *** about survival rate. What's ok with you? 5MM? 6MM? 10MM?

Yes, the odds are in your favor that you will not die but people can take a very simple step that will pretty much insure that a) people stop dying and b) we get back to normal. But no, we're infringing upon peoples freedoms, we're implanting chips, all the vaccinated will die in a year, it's changing my DNA, I'll grow a third eye, I'm now allergic to everything, I'll become infertile, we don't know the side effects, it was rushed to market without proper testing, and dozens of other made up excuses. Yes, you have every right to make a choice but the stats show, without a doubt (except to those that believe everything is a lie), that the vaccine is saving lives. I don't see anyone trying to hide results around the vaccine and delta variant. They've said from day one that there will be breakthrough cases. Some, very few, people will die that are vaccinated but the vast majority will have sniffles or allergy like symptoms if any at all. Meanwhile, our hospitals are filling up again, infection and death rates are climbing and others who need significant medical procedures or ER help are having problems getting the care they need. Buy you do you, I sincerely hope you don't get sick or if you do, you are part of that 99% survival rate, unlike this man in my town of Corona. Stephen Harmon died the day of his last tweet below, 9 days after being diagnosed with a 99% survivable illness.

1627534959777.png

1627534989807.png

1627535030515.png

1627535056887.png

1627535087049.png

fctiger

Well I guess it's safe to say many of us saw this coming! :rolleyes:

I'm not blaming Disney of course, I understand they want to be on the safe side as they SHOULD be. And I think as long as they can stay open, they will do whatever they have to or asked of them.

But don't be too surprised we may be asked to stand 6 feet apart, socially distanced on rides, etc again. It may stop at just wearing masks, but once again we are going in the WRONG direction, even with a vaccine.

It was fun to go on DL birthday without a mask and just enjoy the day as we did before this mess started. We still plan to go back next month, but I'll see how things are going, but we have two more days on our PH, so we'll see.

But seriously, just get $#%@ vaccinated and this goes away sooner than later! My god.

180º

Do y’all really think this is going to increase vaccination rates?
I honestly have no idea what will convince people to get the vaccine after all this. What more do people need? There is a such thing as herd immunity, and it only comes when enough people are vaccinated.

In the meantime, we must reduce the chance of infection for unvaccinated children and other susceptible groups by masking up again.

ImperfectPixie

I honestly have no idea what will convince people to get the vaccine after all this. What more do people need? There is a such thing as herd immunity, and it only comes when enough people are vaccinated.

In the meantime, we must reduce the chance of infection for unvaccinated children and other susceptible groups by masking up again.
Well, 1 in 4 COVID patients suffers some form of long-term effects...

ED is one of the possible long-term effects. You'd think this information would be enough to get the male portion of those refusing vaccinations to line up ASAP.

Tamandua

Well, 1 in 4 COVID patients suffers some form of long-term effects...

ED is one of the possible long-term effects. You'd think this information would be enough to get the male portion of those refusing vaccinations to line up ASAP.
Why not let each person decide for themselves and stay out of other people's lives.

ImperfectPixie

Could you provide a study on this? You would think 25% of recovered Covid patients dealing with long-term side effects would be major news, yet this is the only place I've heard it.
Sorry, I'm done doing people's homework.

I'm not trying to be snippy...I can't remember where I read it because I read A TON...and my patience is beyond gone at this point.

el_super

Why not let each person decide for themselves and stay out of other people's lives.

Because hospital resources are limited, but due to federal law, hospitals cannot turn away prospective patients in need of help.

Personal responsibility is certainly a noble concept, but it falls apart when people refuse to get vaccinated and won't accept their responsibility to NOT clog up the hospitals.

Californian Elitist

Good to see you, too!

I'm just so done. Seriously.
Same. Many of the ones complaining about mask mandates aren’t vaccinated. Be mad at yourself at this point.

One of my best friends is from Italy and he took advantage while he was visiting earlier this year and got vaccinated. The rollout in Italy has been painfully slow. We are very privileged here and people aren’t talking advantage.

SoCalDisneyLover

A helpful PSA. Ignore is your friend, and will help you retain some level of sanity during your stay on this thread. Which sadly, at this point, may be awhile.

If you think that you will be able to explain the Covid issue, something that countless Dr.'s & Scientists have not been to do for these people the last 17 months, you are sorely mistaken. There are occasions where it's better to throw in the towel, and move on, rather than waste your time and energy on a fruitless endeavor.

How was it that this country was able to survive the Spanish flu epidemic? How about eradicate polio? The proof is out there, vaccines work if enough people get one. Oh and there was no social media which helped in the eradication of common sense and decency. We have been in the “ me for me” generation for too long.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom